Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
PrincessPete

Storage space in Oriana deluxe balcony cabins

Hi, we are on a 28 night Oriana cruise in February in a deluxe balcony cabin. Can anyone give us idea about the storage space for clothes in the cabin, please?

We do not travel light and one of the attractions for us in this round trip Southampton cruise is the lack of luggage restrictions with no flights - and a shortish journey from home near Worthing, 50 miles or so from the port

I am sure my wife will want to bring lots of evening outfits (8 formal nights) so I am hoping there is plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and that I will be allowed a small corner!!

Any comments from previous passengers in those cabins on Oriana would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Peter

Hi, we are on a 28 night Oriana cruise in February in a deluxe balcony cabin. Can anyone give us idea about the storage space for clothes in the cabin, please?

We do not travel light and one of the attractions for us in this round trip Southampton cruise is the lack of luggage restrictions with no flights - and a shortish journey from home near Worthing, 50 miles or so from the port

I am sure my wife will want to bring lots of evening outfits (8 formal nights) so I am hoping there is plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and that I will be allowed a small corner!!

Any comments from previous passengers in those cabins on Oriana would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Peter

I would have thought plenty as Oriana was built for world cruising rather than short Caribbean cruises as the grand class ships were.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many thanks Peter

We have recently returned from a 19night cruise on Oriana in a B deck deluxe balcony cabin... and there is plenty of storage. The wardrobe is what I would term a “flexible” wardrobe... you can move the rails to suit your clothing. But there was more than enough hanging space for the two of us, and we dont travel light. There were also lots of drawers...cant remember the exact number but two small ones each at the side of the bed, and then 2 chests of drawers, one with 4 and another with 3 drawers. Lots of nooks and crannies too. Decent size bathroom cabinets too .

Thanks so much for the really helpful and reassuring reply. Like you we don't travel light and as we now live relatively close to Southampton having no luggage restriction is very good news!

Can I just ask an "off thread" question about "Oriana". Where was your cabin on B deck? We are quite a way aft having booked late and I know about the vibration in that area. Were you aware of it, either in your cabin if it was aft, or just walking around the stern?

Many thanks again and kind regards. Peter