Magic / Live / Solo / Sep 30-Oct 7 2018

sid_9169

I decided to bring with me the Marilyn Monroe t-shirt that I wore the other day. I put the pink breast cancer pin on it and asked (paid with Mexican pesos) the bartender if he wouldn't mind hanging it up for me. Those guys like me there, and he had no problem doing it. (Other than going to get the ladder and hammer and nails. Then climbing the rickety ladder and doing the actual work)

Those guys there know I always take care of them, and that I'm very appreciative of their effort.

[ATTACH]430606[/ATTACH][ATTACH]430607[/ATTACH][ATTACH]430608[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

Such a beautiful and thoughtful tribute. An Angel is smiling :halo:

• Like 1

I seem to be experiencing some writer's block... My post cruise depression is already beginning because I actually have to go to work right after I get home from my flight on Sunday... I don't really even want to go back home, and a job that I hate. I need to figure something out with my life and do something more enjoyable than I have been. Or, at least try to find a job making more money with an actual future... Anyway, that's what I need to deal with. That's why I like cruising. It's as far as I can get from my life back home. I don't have any responsibility except eating and drinking... I haven't watched one minute of TV or news or anything. For all I know, Congress might actually be doing their job. Maybe world hunger has been solved this week. Whatever the case, I wish that I could find something to make me happy more than the few weeks a year that I really get away from it all......

Next thing I knew, I was inside the port and walking back towards the ship.

IMG_20181005_160059606.thumb.jpg.40da17e3b90aeb288f764b4384f625cf.jpg

Here's one of Royal Caribbeans behemoth of the seas...

IMG_20181005_160545596_HDR.thumb.jpg.93d65d0ea0e3bbdab5f6d8a46cecfb83.jpg

Soon, I was boarding the Magic for the last time... In a couple of days we would be back in Miami, and it would all be over...

IMG_20181005_160849062_HDR.thumb.jpg.e64e68a60269445096a0913fc1e8d260.jpg

IMG_20181005_160855685.thumb.jpg.a80aa161d580e5008392db18617e6c49.jpg

I unpacked my fancy beach bag and took a shower... I thought about not even going to the dining room tonight. I put on some clean clothes, since I still had stuff left over, even though I travel with just a carry on bag...

IMG_20181005_172747600-1458x1944.thumb.jpg.7315e02e087af05ed3710e276d249c1b.jpg

IMG_20181005_172705775.thumb.jpg.1d8b2a2981cadb6f9eb5a67b6408bff3.jpg

Excellent review, as I’ve been following along daily. Such a great tribute to your lady. She must have been truly special. As for your job, time to find something that brings you joy. No sense wasting your life away in a career that makes you unhappy. I hope you find that happiness.

• Like 1

Hey Sid. It's nice to follow along with your journey. I went back and read the entire Vista live report as well. I'll be sailing Vista next May. I'm with you on the job aspect. Every time I take a vacation I become obsessed with planning and budgeting for the next one. It's my only escape from a job that offers me no fulfillment. With discipline, I manage a couple trips away a year. I've taken a hiatus from cruising (post divorce - it was something my ex and I enjoyed when things were... better) for a few years and been relaxing at all inclusives in the Caribbean and Mexico for the last few years. Your live reports have me very excited to get back to cruising. Thanks for doing this.

• Like 2

I went to Alchemy and had them whip up a tequila based concoction. (Like I really needed anymore to drink)

[ATTACH]430654[/ATTACH][ATTACH]430655[/ATTACH]

Then, I came to the MDR and ordered two shots of tequila, just so the pushy waiter wouldn't hound me... (He did anyway)

IMG_20181005_193415099.thumb.jpg.6aeafa19222f2b9b68bbd32e43ff4ef4.jpg

Update... I don't think I'm going back to the MDR tomorrow. I about had it out with that waiter as I was getting up to leave. He says "hey, you didn't even touch your drinks" I said that I only ordered them to try to help you out. He said "I only want you to reach your limit of 15" I was like, look, I've been drinking all day already. Then I come here and you push drinks on me incessantly. Then, I ordered some drinks and you still hound me. It's getting annoying... And then I left... I don't mind at all trying to help a guy, but he just wouldn't let up... Serenity Now!!!!!!......

My gratuities have hit my account now. The OBC that I had from an Early Saver price drop covered everything, leaving me with $1.17 in refundable OBC... I may actually go down there and cash this out over that bottled water dispute the other day.

My gratuities have hit my account now. The OBC that I had from an Early Saver price drop covered everything, leaving me with $1.17 in refundable OBC... I may actually go down there and cash this out over that bottled water dispute the other day.

I hope you do

• Like 1

Ravi at Alchemy bought some tequila while on shore leave in Cozumel today... So, he sets it on the bar and says "I got something for you today" Long story short, I'm drinking some shots of tequila now... Such a nice guy... ***I forgot to even take pictures. I figured y'all are getting bored of all the drink pictures...

Sent from my Space Phone 9169.1

Sid (James?) - just sending you a little random love. I hope, when you get home, that you can find joy in your everyday, i or at least tell those that piss you off to go eff themselves. Your spirit shines through. Hugs!

• Like 1

Sid (James?) - just sending you a little random love. I hope, when you get home, that you can find joy in your everyday, i or at least tell those that piss you off to go eff themselves. Your spirit shines through. Hugs!
Thanks, katibug... Sid is my middle name, and what I go by... They call me James on the ship because that's what's on my ship card...

I seem to be experiencing some writer's block... My post cruise depression is already beginning because I actually have to go to work right after I get home from my flight on Sunday... I don't really even want to go back home, and a job that I hate. I need to figure something out with my life and do something more enjoyable than I have been. Or, at least try to find a job making more money with an actual future... Anyway, that's what I need to deal with. That's why I like cruising. It's as far as I can get from my life back home. I don't have any responsibility except eating and drinking... I haven't watched one minute of TV or news or anything. For all I know, Congress might actually be doing their job. Maybe world hunger has been solved this week. Whatever the case, I wish that I could find something to make me happy more than the few weeks a year that I really get away from it all......

Think this is one reason many like cruising. Gets us all away from some realities.

Wishing you nothing but the best. Sometimes we must push ourselves out of our comfort zones and pick up and move to new state, new surroundings, new people. Perhaps a move closer to many cruise ports is in order! [emoji3][emoji568][emoji483][emoji531][emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

More Dick's Dive.

[ATTACH]430633[/ATTACH][ATTACH]430634[/ATTACH][ATTACH]430635[/ATTACH]

And a couple more from my walk to find a taxi.

[ATTACH]430636[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]430637[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]430638[/ATTACH]

I love the bathroom signs!😂😂😂

• Like 1

Thanks, katibug... Sid is my middle name, and what I go by... They call me James on the ship because that's what's on my ship card...

And all this time I was thinking you were a sports information director.

• Like 1

Katie (Catherine) is my middle name, and what I go by. They call me Mary on the ship and I never answer... :) More hugs!

• Like 1