Embarkation day lunch

Lizzy532

My coach is scheduled to arrive st 3pm so am wondering if buffet will be closed by then. Would glass house be serving on embarkation day as I don’t eat burgers pizza chips etc ? Or any other restaurant for light lunch as I am booked into late sitting and don’t think I would last till then! Not to mention a couple of drinks on an empty stomach might not be the best thing for a first time cruiser.

3 weeks tomorrow and so excited .

I have found on the Eavesway coach I use which comes from some distance up North (I join at the last stop Northampton) that unless there is a major hold up the coaches start to come in at 1pm even though it says 3pm on the information. The latest our route ever arrived was 1.45pm. Road hold ups of course make things change.

The buffet is horrendous on embarkation so very busy. The Glasshouse will be serving and there should be something you will like there, although they do offer small burgers (sliders). There is a lot of choice on the 3 small plates menu where you mix and match from approx 9 choices for I think £6.95 now.

I have found on the Eavesway coach I use which comes from some distance up North (I join at the last stop Northampton) that unless there is a major hold up the coaches start to come in at 1pm even though it says 3pm on the information. The latest our route ever arrived was 1.45pm. Road hold ups of course make things change.

The buffet is horrendous on embarkation so very busy. The Glasshouse will be serving and there should be something you will like there, although they do offer small burgers (sliders). There is a lot of choice on the 3 small plates menu where you mix and match from approx 9 choices for I think £6.95 now.

Thanks, I think I might head for the Glass House then. Will probably be more relaxed there as well.

Edited by Lizzy532
Spelling mistake

Thanks, I think I might head for the Glass House then. Will probably be more relaxed there as well.

Are you sure the glass house will be open for food on embarkation day? They use this as a muster station venue which normally happens at around 4:00-4:30pm so seems unlikely to me.

Are you sure the glass house will be open for food on embarkation day? They use this as a muster station venue which normally happens at around 4:00-4:30pm so seems unlikely to me.

Yes they do food on embarkation day and yes they close for the drill, usually a bit before it so factor that in when ordering food.

We have had lunch there many times on embarkation to avoid the bun fight in the buffet.

The Glasshouse was open on embarkation day on our Azura cruise in September. It was our first cruise, and this little tip from these forums was extremely welcome. Highly recommend it for a bite to eat before the muster drill.

In my experience all restaurants/bars close shortly before and during a drill and remain closed until the drill has been completed.

In my experience all restaurants/bars close shortly before and during a drill and remain closed until the drill has been completed.

As everybody is required to attend the safety drill (apart from those who are on the second of back to back cruises), whether the bars are open or not is irrelevant. There will be no customers! Some bar and restaurant staff have drill duties themselves anyway. Before and after the drill they will be serving.

Oh well I might have to miss lunch and make up for it at dinner .

We always head for the Glass House for lunch/drinkies on embarkation day. It's our first 'port-of-call' once we've dropped our hand luggage into the cabin. We both hate the chaos of the buffet, particularly so on embarkation day. It's also very handy if it's your muster station as you already have a seat and a refreshment!