Cruise Critic Community
bossy_01

Stateroom Choice Advice Please..

With the 2020 itineraries now on sale, we are considering the July 24th QM2 21 night sailing Southampton, New York, Corner Brook, Halifax, Reykjavik, Oban, Grennock, Southampton.

Previously we have sailed balcony cabins on celebrity, suite on Royal Caribbean, suite on P&O...We like good food (although exclusivity is not important), we prefer to have flexibility in dining time (we achieve this by either flexible / my time dining, as well as using specialty / alternative dining options) a nice places to have a drink and relax, we will also spend time relaxing in the cabin and balcony. We enjoy having extra space, however have happily done 2 weeks in a standard size balcony and enjoyed - so additional space is not essential.

Having only sailed 1 x 2 night and 1 x 4 night on QM2 before, my knowledge is not great and I need some help / opinions on the best options to suit us. I have narrowed it down to the following, but there is a large price difference between each one and I am sure if the benefits warrant the costs for our needs.

BU - Sheltered Balcony - £6500

A1 - Britannia Club Balcony - £ 9000

P1 - Princess Grill - £14500 (I can't see the added benefit to spending the additional £2000 to go to queens grill).

Thanks in Advance!

From those options we'd be in BU. If BZ was available we'd be there instead. A1 is 99% the same as BC aside from the dining room, which is mostly the same as Britannia. The numbers don't work for Grills to me. I hope never to experience what they're all about, since it makes my decision not to book Grills so much easier.

What a great itinerary. And with lots of wonderful sea days, yes I'd ponder the cabin/dining choices carefully, too. Although usually the wallet does the talking.

Personally, I'd aim high or low and forget the middle. I am just unconvinced Britannia Club is worth that extra since the actual cabin is the same and the menu choice is only slightly larger. If you went Princess Grill on QM2 you get a really, really nice cabin (these are much better than their compatriots on QE and QV) that's significantly bigger and better decorated, too. And you get Princess Grill dining which is superb on all levels and, I think, more elegant and original in appearance than the redone QG. You also get the Grills Lounge and outdoor deck, too. Again, facilities you'd probably use and enjoy given the days at sea vs. a port intensive itinerary.

What a great itinerary. And with lots of wonderful sea days, yes I'd ponder the cabin/dining choices carefully, too. Although usually the wallet does the talking.

Personally, I'd aim high or low and forget the middle. I am just unconvinced Britannia Club is worth that extra since the actual cabin is the same and the menu choice is only slightly larger. If you went Princess Grill on QM2 you get a really, really nice cabin (these are much better than their compatriots on QE and QV) that's significantly bigger and better decorated, too. And you get Princess Grill dining which is superb on all levels and, I think, more elegant and original in appearance than the redone QG. You also get the Grills Lounge and outdoor deck, too. Again, facilities you'd probably use and enjoy given the days at sea vs. a port intensive itinerary.

I would agree, flexibility and enhanced dining and a decent cabin would be my preference if Queen Grill proved a little excessive.

Go for the Princess. You will get dining when you want, a nicer cabin, and access to the Grills Lounge and Deck.

We enjoy booking the Club Britannia and experience the Pre Grill experience, dine whenever instead of a set time, same table for the three meals with extra al carte menu w Flambés and a decently nice cabin.

We really don't care to experience a dedicated out door sunning area as we really aren't SUN People.

If course if a upgrade from the Upgrade Fairy is offered we would like to experience that class of accommodations.