Has anyone purchased sheets from HAL for home use?

mary_228

Having done a ship tour of the Laundry room I can tell you that the sheets are placed wet into a machine that presses and folds them. It is so big that it was installed during the build and will have to be cut apart if they want to remove it. I am guessing the sheets have to be ironed or would be very wrinkled. I am guy, so wrinkled sheets isn't a concern

I wonder how nicely they wash and dry in terms of wrinkling. They are 100% cotton, and onboard they might possibly press them to make them so nice. Just looking for a review from those who have purchased for their home. Thank you.

Yes the sheets on the ship are always pressed.

We have two sets (yes, they were purchased). They are nice and comfortable.

My wife reports that the sheets do not have to be ironed and she is pretty particular.

She does iron the pillow cases however.

I agree with one of the earlier posts pointing out that you can buy the same sheets from places other than HAL for less money.

No way would I buy sheets that have to be pressed.

My grandfather had a huge iron press in the basement and the maids were always complaining about the

heat as they pressed them. No air

conditioning back in those days.

My parents had a commercial 'mangle' in the basement laundry room in our house all my g rowing up years. It was used to press sheets, table cloth s and cloth napkins.

IF for some unexplainable (to me) reason, I had sheets that required ironing, thtose sheets would be sent out gto my laundry/dry cleaner for laundering. :D I would have stnding request in for t dirty to be picked up, laundered and delivered to my home.

Edited by sail7seas

We have two sets (yes, they were purchased). They are nice and comfortable.

My wife reports that the sheets do not have to be ironed and she is pretty particular.

She does iron the pillow cases however.

I agree with one of the earlier posts pointing out that you can buy the same sheets from places other than HAL for less money.

Thank you for this feedback. Just what I was looking for.

You mentioned that the sheets are available elsewhere. Care to provide that information?

(Love your CC name, BTW!)

Having done a ship tour of the Laundry room I can tell you that the sheets are placed wet into a machine that presses and folds them. It is so big that it was installed during the build and will have to be cut apart if they want to remove it. I am guessing the sheets have to be ironed or would be very wrinkled. I am guy, so wrinkled sheets isn't a concern

Modern commercial laundry equipment is surprisingly sophisticated and quite complicated to repair and maintain. It's a specialty like a plumber or an electrician is.

Are the mattresses really that comfortable? Has anyone ordered them for your home? If so, how much is shipping. I cannot find that info on the website. We will be trying the mattresses out in December.

Interesting story. We were in the market for a new mattress for home use a while ago. While at the local mattress store trying out different ones we mentioned to the sale person how comfortable the mattresses on HAL ships were. She went to her computer and after a couple of clicks, told us the type, brand and model of HAL mattresses. She also told us where we could get one locally because her store did not have one in stock. It was pretty impressive.

mayb e when he decides how much info he wants from us, he'l think about sharing info with us hope he is a 'sharer'. ;) I've always found HAL CCers very generous to share and help where they are able. That's the fair way of this s uccessful forum. Without sharing, it collpses. IMO