Edge Thermal Suite pass

coloradosmom

Hi,

On past Celebrity cruises we just head straight to the spa to buy our week pass and they've never been out of them.

Do you think I can save a little money and wait until we are on the ship or should I get ahead of time?

Kind of difficult question to answer here since nobody has sailed on Edge yet.

I've never purchased a Thermal Suite pass (Persian garden on other X ships), so don't have any experience with that, but with the new Thermal Suites on the Edge, I can see them being at a higher risk of selling out. This experience has many more options and it looks pretty awesome, so likely many will want to try them out. That being said, from my understanding, they would reserve some to be purchased onboard - you might have a better chance to get one if you head there immediately.

Right now my cruise planner shows a thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite 7 day pass that is quite pricey (price went up when T Pool was added to description). I have been trying to find out if there actually will be a T Pool on the Edge before booking a pass. I spoke with a person from the Pre Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team Thursday and after doing some detective work (and discussing it with 4 other people) she could not confirm or deny that the T Pool was going to be on the Edge. She said that there will be more to be revealed so we will see. I just wanted to let you know that the T Pool may or may not be real (recently they added Hot Glass classes to my cruise planner that turned out to be a mistake, so I have some doubts). :D

Does anyone know if you book a spa treatment will you have access to any of the spa lounge areas before or after the treatment? Also, if there is a T-pool would day passes be available for that or any other spa area w/o a treatment? I have a massage booked but would like to know what, if any, privileges that would include.

Carole

Lately, a spa booking gives access to the Relaxation Room before and after your spa service.. Used to include Persian Garden quite awhile ago, but not recently that I recall.

No one knows if they will sell one, two or three day passes or just full cruise passes. That's all that are listed right now, They may wait and see how things are booking up with full cruise passes...

They need to accomodate AQ guests (including Concierge Cabins that were converted), and 1 free port day for E plus if that perk is still going to be offered. If it gets too crowded it will not be worth buying a pass....no idea how they are controlling or limiting capacity.

Celeb is going back to a Steiner related company on EDGE ; we won't know much more than the posted info until folks sail,...looking forward to the change!

I'm curious if there will be a free sauna located in the mens and women's changing rooms, like there is on the current S-Class and M-Class ships? A nice alternative for those not wanting to spend extra $$ for the thermal suite. The sauna on the M-Class is especially nice, with large windows looking out over the ocean.

I spoke to a Celebrity agent who couldn't tell me if there would be a relaxation area for those booking a treatment.:confused: I asked about the Thermal Suites and according to his info you can book a day pass for $59. Since there is no mention of day passes on the Edge site I wonder if that will actually be an option and what about a steam room?

Carole

I spoke to a Celebrity agent who couldn't tell me if there would be a relaxation area for those booking a treatment.:confused: I asked about the Thermal Suites and according to his info you can book a day pass for $59. Since there is no mention of day passes on the Edge site I wonder if that will actually be an option and what about a steam room?

Carole

There is a steam room in the thermal suite. These are the features of the Thermal Suite listed. Absolutely no mention of a T-Pool.

30057997587_c1066107d6_b.jpg

This is the full spa reveal. 40 minutes long and probably more than you want to know! LOL

I'm curious if there will be a free sauna located in the mens and women's changing rooms, like there is on the current S-Class and M-Class ships? A nice alternative for those not wanting to spend extra $$ for the thermal suite. The sauna on the M-Class is especially nice, with large windows looking out over the ocean.

Definitely worth a visit, esp because the M Class Persian Gardens are interior...dark and dank. Showers not always working...

Day Pass to EDGE Thermal Suite area would be nice as long as they control capacity!

We have it included in our Jan AQ Class cruise, and by the time of our Nov 2019 cruise we'll have much more info.

I asked the agent if there is a T-pool and the info he gave me was for Thermal Suites and no mention of a T-pool and not sure if he knew what I was referring to. Since this will be our first Celebrity cruise I'm not familiar with the different spa/relaxation options especially with all the cabin class distinctions. We've previously cruised with Crystal, Oceania and Silverseas where all cabin categories have equal access with regard to spa facilities, MDR and speciality restaurants.

Carole

Here are the Spa FAQs that came out at the time of the spa reveal (5/2018). They list the day pass as $49 and couple's pass/cruise as $249, which was more in line with the original cost of just the Thermal Suite pass on my cruise planner. Then in August, it changed to Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite and the price went up considerably.

As far as it not being rolled out with the spa, it still could be rolled out later, I suppose. The cabanas haven't been rolled out (cost and amenities), ILounge, shops and Art Gallery and maybe other surprises. We will see - it just doesn't make sense to have it and present it so late or not have it and have it in our cruise planners almost 2 months after they were notified. I must say that it is the biggest Edge mystery.:D

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/CEL_EDGE_Spa_Reveal_FAQS.pdf

I must say that it is the biggest Edge mystery.:D

I agree a big mystery! I guess we will find out soon enough, along with knowing if there is a free sauna available like all the other Celebrity ships have.

This really should not be a big mystery. People at Celebrity obviously know the answer, but they either don't know people are wondering or they have not properly disseminated the information to their front line workers (reservation staff, etc).

There is a steam room in the thermal suite. These are the features of the Thermal Suite listed. Absolutely no mention of a T-Pool.

30057997587_c1066107d6_b.jpg

This is the full spa reveal. 40 minutes long and probably more than you want to know! LOL

Just watched the video so thanks for the link. Wow, that's a lot to awesomeness to absorb!! There is no mention if the Thermal Suites are co-ed which would not be to my liking.

Carole

They are Co-ed ....swimsuit attire. Have always been co ed on X and Royal...and also QM 2

The saunas in the women's and men's dressing room areas on M Class are NOT coed (.drawing a blank on S Class.)

Solstice class m/w dressing rooms also have saunas. (well, haven't personally visited the women's but am assuming that they are set up like the men's...)

They are Co-ed ....swimsuit attire. Have always been co ed on X and Royal...and also QM 2

The saunas in the women's and men's dressing room areas on M Class are NOT coed (.drawing a blank on S Class.)

That's disappointing!! I find wearing a bathing suit in a spa, especially in a steam room, to be too hot and annoying when a towel will suffice for modesty sake. Unfortunately, my bikini days are long gone so a one piece it is although European women only wear two piece bathing suits no matter the age or body shape.

Carole

That's disappointing!! I find wearing a bathing suit in a spa, especially in a steam room, to be too hot and annoying when a towel will suffice for modesty sake. Unfortunately, my bikini days are long gone so a one piece it is although European women only wear two piece bathing suits no matter the age or body shape.

Carole

Unfortunately it’s pretty standard on all the lines these days that offer a thermal suite experience. It’s coed and everyone wears a bathing suit. Now sail on the German lines of TUI and AIDA and you will see just towels, even in the coed areas. They are much less modest about nudity compared to North America.

As of this morning the cruise planner option has changed for the SEA Thermal Pass and no longer mentions any reference to the T-pool. I believe that someone finally realized this was a mistake and removed it. The price has remained the same, which is $399 for a 7 day couple pass. This is way too high and I feel previous price of $249 was more in line with reason. I was only thinking about paying $399 because of the addition of the T pool but given it appears not to exist, I don't think I can stomach $399 for a 7 day pass.

I forgot to add that X adds 18 % gratuity so it comes out to $470, for two people, for 7 days! That is crazy money. I would really have to think about and calculate how much time I will actually use it. I would assume they will add the same gratuity to the day pass, making it close to $70 a day. Either way you slice it, that is pricey.

I agree. Too pricey for 7 days. I might try it for a day just to experience everything the ship has to offer.

• 1 month later...

I was excited to see that the 2 night pre-preview cruises (in 12 days!!!) offer 2 and 3 day Thermal Suite passes. It wouldn't be worth it to have a 3 day pass on this cruise, but I think I will book the 2 day pass to try it out on one of my two night cruises. Soooooo excited!

Hopefully these will be offered on 7 night cruises (maybe onboard since I haven't seen this online) to have an affordable way for people to try out the Thermal Suites.

image.thumb.png.40bc262bee2bae15c1ecf58efca18b93.png

Hi VTCruising,

Just signed up for the 3 day cruise on Dec. 1 and it will be our first trip as  Elite (YAY!!). I heard that as an Elite you get a day pass to the Spa on port days.  Is this true and if so how does it work?  

Lourdes

15 minutes ago, lourdest said:

Hi VTCruising,

Just signedup for the 3 day cruise on Dec. 1 and it will be our first trip as  Elite (YAY!!). I heard that as an Elite you get a day pass to the Spa on port days.  Is this true and if so how does it work?  

Lourdes

That is the usual benefit and hopefully it will apply to the 3 day preview cruises. If you want to be sure, you could call call Captain's Club and see if we will be able to use that benefit on the 3 day. That would be nice!  🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I was excited to see that the 2 night pre-preview cruises (in 12 days!!!) offer 2 and 3 day Thermal Suite passes. It wouldn't be worth it to have a 3 day pass on this cruise, but I think I will book the 2 day pass to try it out on one of my two night cruises. Soooooo excited!

Hopefully these will be offered on 7 night cruises (maybe onboard since I haven't seen this online) to have an affordable way for people to try out the Thermal Suites.

image.thumb.png.40bc262bee2bae15c1ecf58efca18b93.png

These are now offered for my 7 day on 12/9. Additionally a one day pass for $59 is offered as well.

Edited by Mcampo