Cruise Critic Community
superduper123

Florida to Bermuda

Looks about 50% further from Florida than New York so perhaps too many days at sea to make a 5 or 7 day cruise appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's too far to make sense for a one-week cruise. Most folks who head to Bermuda like the fact that ships can dock there overnight for 1-3 nights and that can't happen with the extra distance a ship needs to travel from south Florida.

We cruised there from NY and left on a Sunday, arrived Bermuda at 1pm on Tuesday and stayed until noon Friday. It was one of my favorite cruises because we had lots of time to explore without the pressure of getting back to the ship before it sailed off.

Why are there no Royal cruises from Port Canaveral (or anywhere in Florida) to Bermuda?

They had one or two from Port Everglades last year. It's just not a run that Royal has done regularly. Try MSC.

Carnival also had a couple out of PC to Bermuda this year. They have 3 seven nigh sailings next September

The dock in Bermuda can only hold two ships at one time there. Also, ships leaving from the northeast are closer than ships leaving from ports in Florida. The last thing regarding Bermuda is the fact that their government doesn’t want there country being overrun with too many tourists at a time. They regulate how many visitors can visit at certain times. Bermuda takes tourism very seriously.

I also just remembered that most larger ships can’t enter the harbor in Hamilton because the port is relatively small and can’t handle the bigger ships.

I may be dating myself, but when I began cruising, I loved sailing in a smaller ship (Bermuda Star) and dock in St George. It was walking distance to Horseshoe Bay Beach, not as crowded, and easy to take busses to Hamilton.

We did one on Costa several years ago out of Florida (Miami or Pt Everglades). It was great. I think we spent three days there.

There is a cruise in Sept 2019 out of Fort Lauderdale on Carnival...

8 days.

Did booked it too.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I wonder if Royal will ever offer this in the future, as it seems that a few other cruise lines do.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I wonder if Royal will ever offer this in the future, as it seems that a few other cruise lines do.

I can see them doing in once or twice a year.

I may be dating myself, but when I began cruising, I loved sailing in a smaller ship (Bermuda Star) and dock in St George. It was walking distance to Horseshoe Bay Beach, not as crowded, and easy to take busses to Hamilton.
You really walked from St. George to Hourseshoe Bay?????

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Forums mobile app

I ASSUME that should have been Tabacco Bay (which is in St. George and is indeed quite nice if there are not too many people). It is a LONG walk to Horseshoe.

I ASSUME that should have been Tabacco Bay (which is in St. George and is indeed quite nice if there are not too many people). It is a LONG walk to Horseshoe.

VERY LONG walk.:eek: