Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

I Said Yes! My Jewel of the Seas Greek Isles travel blog

Congratulations!! What a beautiful way to start of your vacation.

Thank you so much! Yes it was! Someone back home made the joke that trip would have become instantly awkward had I said no

Thank you so much! Yes it was! Someone back home made the joke that trip would have become instantly awkward had I said no

Your Fiancé knows you better than that! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After the clock chimes we made our way across the plaza to the waiting bus.

During the drive up to Castelmola Kiara gave us a ton of local history.

Some of the notes I took: Each family makes their own olive oil at home from green olives. 1 tree makes 8 liters. I liter is 11 euro. Her grandma and father shake the trees, they gather the olives and then press them, straining the pulp. She’s never had store bought oil.

There are 21 letters in their alphabet as compared to the 26 in ours.

Keara is finishing her 3rd year college and wants to go for masters in Ireland for hotel host industry.

I can say she will be fantastic at it! We had many conversations with her throughout the day and she has a true zest about her.

5e239a2227badd864789329152ddacf5.jpg

d49f57c7d246238e86e9383582f46783.jpg

Love your review! Your photos are amazing! Congratulations on your engagement! Maybe a honeymoon in Europe is in order!? He is such a romantic!

Congratulations! I loved your previous reviews and have been waiting for this one. Glad y'all had such a great trip!

Congratulations! I loved your previous reviews and have been waiting for this one. Glad y'all had such a great trip!

Love your review! Your photos are amazing! Congratulations on your engagement! Maybe a honeymoon in Europe is in order!? He is such a romantic!

Wow, congratulations!

What a way to get proposed to, so very romantic and I am sure a moment you will both cherish forever.

Very nice! Congratulations!

What an amazing proposal! Congrats!!

Thank you everyone!

We just finished having a congratulations dinner with his dad & stepmom and the topic of booking the exact same cruise next year came up my planning brain is on overdrive between wedding and next vacay possible honeymoon?

Castelmola is about 1700ft above sea level and the drive up was a lot of one lane switchbacks. The views are epic but you definitely feel the gain!

Ruins of a Norman castle are at the top of the city so fiancé and I made the 5 minute climb up towards the end of our hour stop there

dc36ed489450bc9790d9eb337f352276.jpga3d3450fb11d9ee2978649584f5bb1e8.jpg1a754cb1f4c675586ea12c8c0b6fba0a.jpg838296102de2420649a1f7ceccb8608f.jpg

I wrote this in my notes:

I dont really have words for today. We’re standing in a destroyed castle at the top of a mountain and Nate finds out a coworker of several years had passed away from cancer.

It started misting just about that time and we both recognized the bitter sweetness of the moment and living life with no regrets.

3e8e9a13230e771d56b93ffa1a2b228f.jpg798db8b9cf0906685328445c4a5cc03d.jpg430543985378f1f3feb304272ac81603.jpgf48e88c8296bdce5160492b02f713d4d.jpg97cd960031f8c6f653f4a09e5d757f35.jpg88122b9ccd10658fa95c01eb33dd1df4.jpg

We met back with the group in the square in the second to last picture above and made our way half down the mountain to the town of Taormina.

Taormina dates back to BC years!

49182c358ee7d21a3303f64d1de6ec4e.jpg2c000aa8182536406cbe6e3452a53cfa.jpg010993d111b0eca5040b9657fb77812c.jpg

I had started out the day with my hair down and wearing a cute hat but the heat and rain killed that vibe. I consoled myself with gelato.

03cf89cf6f1c7a22f557420c7aa4640a.jpg21a6dfdac3d54646a4d56f219e6fecf6.jpg8fa2ea679ded2c56623b7b3d9d5bc002.jpg

I really enjoy your reviews. Following & Congratulations!

X2

Thanks for posting.

We continued to watch the sunset and watch the crowds steadily head back down the elevator. It was soon to close so we didn’t have much time. We wanted a pic that wasn’t a selfie so BF went to ask the employee up top to take our pic.

I’ll just leave this here:

PRICELESS! That proposal video is truly priceless. Yes, I did get all choked up watching it. Congratulations to both of you! :champagne-toast:

I don't think I have read any of your previous reviews, nor do I have any current plans for a Med cruise, but I'm thoroughly enjoying your review, and will continue to follow along. After following you, Norris, and Claudio, I'm sure I will be well prepared for the Med when I'm finally able to ft it into our schedule. :cool::D

I've always loved your reviews and was excited to see this one pop up on the boards! Congratulations to you and Nate and wish you both many blessings for the years to come!

I really enjoy your reviews. Following & Congratulations!����

X2

Thanks for posting.

Thank you all!!!

PRICELESS! That proposal video is truly priceless. Yes, I did get all choked up watching it. Congratulations to both of you! :champagne-toast:

I don't think I have read any of your previous reviews, nor do I have any current plans for a Med cruise, but I'm thoroughly enjoying your review, and will continue to follow along. After following you, Norris, and Claudio, I'm sure I will be well prepared for the Med when I'm finally able to ft it into our schedule. :cool::D

It is going to be very hard for us to go back to eastern or western caribbean after this trip...southern caribbean, yes, but definitely difficult comparison.

I've always loved your reviews and was excited to see this one pop up on the boards! Congratulations to you and Nate and wish you both many blessings for the years to come!

Thank you so much! happy to have you back!

So when you said Fiance had to sit down before you went up the elevator and you thought he was overheated, was he really just nervous because he knew what he had planned?? :) Congrats!

So when you said Fiance had to sit down before you went up the elevator and you thought he was overheated, was he really just nervous because he knew what he had planned?? :) Congrats!

you are correct! lol. he was freaking out