Turning 60

crystalspin

Or, the new 40.

Ā 

Was supposed to have the birthday on the Yangtze, but then Sinorama lost their license with our four persons' tariff in their clutches. Going to have a 50pp picnic party at my DB/SIL's place in Utah instead. They were the other couple that lost their China trip as well. Bittersweet.

Ā 

Moral of the story: read the fine print on your credit card's travel coverage. Consider all possibilities no matter how unlikely. CitiCard (i.e. big box travel agent's card) says, Too bad, So sad. If we had used our Chase Sapphire -- financial insolvency of tour provider would have been covered. Expensive lesson.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I turned 60 this year too......back in March. I was supposed to have gone on a cruise but I ended up going to Disneyworld with a longtime friend for a long weekend instead.Ā  I took a 2 week cruise to Italy in July so that was sort of a my belated birthday cruise from me to me.

Life got in the way of the original plan...ā€¦.had to have a kidney stone removed and was home from work for the week I should have been on a ship.:classic_wacko:

I had a vacation cancelled by a kidney stone back in the 90's. NOT fun.

Ā 

The party was a great success! Saw old friends and made some new ones. Because the China trip fell through, I did NOT cancel our December transAtlantic, so having that to look forward to and plan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 3:20 PM, Lois R said:

I turned 60 this year too......back in March. I was supposed to have gone on a cruise but I ended up going to Disneyworld with a longtime friend for a long weekend instead.Ā  I took a 2 week cruise to Italy in July so that was sort of a my belated birthday cruise from me to me.

Life got in the way of the original plan...ā€¦.had to have a kidney stone removed and was home from work for the week I should have been on a ship.:classic_wacko:

Hi Lois. I too turned 60 this year and ended up celebrating solo in WDW. Was there in February. Lol. Now this year it is back to cruising and Japan in April is where I am headed. So looking forward to it!

2 hours ago, Rina155 said:

Hi Lois. I too turned 60 this year and ended up celebrating solo in WDW. Was there in February. Lol. Now this year it is back to cruising and Japan in April is where I am headed. So looking forward to it!

Ā 

Hi Nancy, I don't have anything booked right now...ā€¦.Japan sounds lovely. I am sure you will have a great time.

I had fun at Disney.....we stayed on site at The Contemporary.Ā  I must admit, I love cruising much more than the Mouse though.

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Ā 

Hi Nancy, I don't have anything booked right now...ā€¦.Japan sounds lovely. I am sure you will have a great time.

I had fun at Disney.....we stayed on site at The Contemporary.Ā  I must admit, I love cruising much more than the Mouse though.

Yes looking forward to it. Ā I lucked out and got a great ocean view (booked GTY) I have been assigned 7003 on the Millie! Super excited about that! Ā Almost feel like I won the lottery!

• 3 months later...
On ā€Ž11ā€Ž/ā€Ž8ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 11:01 PM, Rina155 said:

Yes looking forward to it. Ā I lucked out and got a great ocean view (booked GTY) I have been assigned 7003 on the Millie! Super excited about that! Ā Almost feel like I won the lottery!

Hi Nancy,:classic_biggrin: so you go to Japan next month? I am trying Azamara for the first time next month. Sailing out of New York City to Bermuda and Charleston.Ā  Oh, another year gone by......I will be 61 this month.

Ā 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...