RCC - Margaritaville Snorkel, Beach Break and Caribbean Party excursion

HBE4

Thinking of booking this when in Falmouth, Jamaica on Royal Caribbean. I have a few questions for anyone who has tried this.

How much time do you get at each location? Sailing…Snorkel…beach….Margaritaville?

How much and what kinds of food and drinks are available on the beach?

How was the snorkeling? I’ve heard Jamaica is not the best for snorkeling.

I assume the tour drops us off at Margaritaville and then it’s up to us to go back to the ship. Do we have to go in or are we free to wander Falmouth?

How crowded was Margaritaville when you got there? Do you have to pay to use the pool and lounge chairs?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, Cherries Jubilee said:

Has anyone done this excursion from Falmouth yet?

I did. I posted a review elsewhere but I cut-n-pasted it here:

It is, if you love party cruises!  The entire staff is extremely professional, funny, engaging and just a lot of fun to be around. There are two staffs - the Margaritaville staff, which is like the cruise director/activities managers on Royal and then the crew of the catamaran. There is basically 4 parts: 

- snorkeling. No booze is served before snorkeling  which is why it might be optional depending if the passengers are into snorkeling or partying. It's the first hour of which 40 minutes is dedicated to the snorkeling.  It was pretty good, not great. But better than expected. The catarmarn staff handles this portion of the tour.

- Once the snorkeling is over, the music is cranked up, the booze starts flowing. The Margaritaville staff will then try to get people dancing. This part is about an 30 minutes.

- beach break is next. You are provided a lounge chair, umbrella, a place to buy lunch and more drinks. The Margaritaville staff is with you and will try to engage people in scavenger hunt, dance contest and of course, drinking games. This part is a little over an hour, maybe 90 minutes.

- back on the boat, more free drinks, more music, more dancing. Think line dancing or limbo dancing.

- The final part is heading over to the Margaitaville Restaurant.  At this point, some people elect to go their own way or you can follow the Margaritaville staff  to the swim up bar for......you guessed it...more music and dancing.  Once its over, the ship is a short walk away.

I loved it and I'm 55 years old. There was a wide range of ages and nobody was obnoxiously drunk, just a fun buzz. The only downside is the only free drinks were on the catamaran itself, you have to pay for food and bevy's at the beach and at the restaurant.

Would I do it again? Probably. I like to think I'm still 21. 😄

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, HBE4 said:

I did. I posted a review elsewhere but I cut-n-pasted it here:

It is, if you love party cruises!  The entire staff is extremely professional, funny, engaging and just a lot of fun to be around. There are two staffs - the Margaritaville staff, which is like the cruise director/activities managers on Royal and then the crew of the catamaran. There is basically 4 parts: 

- snorkeling. No booze is served before snorkeling  which is why it might be optional depending if the passengers are into snorkeling or partying. It's the first hour of which 40 minutes is dedicated to the snorkeling.  It was pretty good, not great. But better than expected. The catarmarn staff handles this portion of the tour.

- Once the snorkeling is over, the music is cranked up, the booze starts flowing. The Margaritaville staff will then try to get people dancing. This part is about an 30 minutes.

- beach break is next. You are provided a lounge chair, umbrella, a place to buy lunch and more drinks. The Margaritaville staff is with you and will try to engage people in scavenger hunt, dance contest and of course, drinking games. This part is a little over an hour, maybe 90 minutes.

- back on the boat, more free drinks, more music, more dancing. Think line dancing or limbo dancing.

- The final part is heading over to the Margaitaville Restaurant.  At this point, some people elect to go their own way or you can follow the Margaritaville staff  to the swim up bar for......you guessed it...more music and dancing.  Once its over, the ship is a short walk away.

I loved it and I'm 55 years old. There was a wide range of ages and nobody was obnoxiously drunk, just a fun buzz. The only downside is the only free drinks were on the catamaran itself, you have to pay for food and bevy's at the beach and at the restaurant.

Would I do it again? Probably. I like to think I'm still 21. 😄

Thank you so much for the information! It sounds like a great time! My only problem is I don’t think it’s enough beach time for my family. I guess I’m going to have to book something that doesn’t include transportation instead so we can stay at the beach longer.

• Thanks 1