Platinum Dining Perk Question

Cardex

23 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Thank you.  I'm more likely to be canceling and going for the buffet if I am just too worn out to eat a nice meal. 🙂 We are doing Pride of America with a port every day.  I want to grab early dining because I know it will be crazy busy around 6, but I also want to be able to easily cancel if it looks like we decide to not bother with the dining room.  I am planning our 2 platinum meals for our less busy/early back from port days.

I think we will just get CruiseNext certificates with our refund for Moderno. Good excuse to sail again.

Thanks again for the help. 

Sounds good. You should try to get to a Luau on one of your overnight port calls. We love the local foods in Hawaii and sometimes try to get a bigger late lunch at one of the "local" places and then a light dinner on the ship. So much to do and see!

On 10/1/2018 at 6:16 PM, BirdTravels said:

Technically no. But they would never know. You just have a coupon to pay for dinner.

Don’t forget to go to the cruise next desk on embarkation day to sign up for the free behind the scenes tour and note the time of the latitudes party.

4ff5ba37a0e2ec38dabd9dcaf4a60f7e.jpg

ed05894e8b1cecf7e089d153901f5ecf.jpg

Yes they Would know.  Your card is swiped each time a coupon is used. 

16 hours ago, rcmal said:

My teenage son will be in our same cabin, would we be able to use the platinum perk dinner vouchers for him?  My husband and I will already have the 3 day dinner specialty package and was going to buy another package for our son as he is the third guest in the cabin, but if we can use these vouchers we would probably not purchase. 

One of you would have to take him as the guest.   You can’t just give it to him.  

2 hours ago, JWGrayson said:

Thank you for posting this info! We are on track to be Platinum after our Greek Isle cruise in next May. We are glad to learn that it is for 2...so, we each will get the perk. We are Diamond on Carnival and got ONE trip to the steakhouse for hitting that level of 200 days, not each cruise. The NCL perk is so much better!

John

Not quite. The Platinum dinner coupons is per cabin.     The laundry and Behind the scenes is pp.    Carnival gives a way better repeater party. 😀😀😀

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Not quite. The Platinum dinner coupons is per cabin.     The laundry and Behind the scenes is pp.    Carnival gives a way better repeater party. 😀😀😀

Hi Karen, Great to run into you on here! I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how your budget cruising was going. We ended up getting really sick the last few days on the Horizon. Took 3 weeks to get back to normal. We are doing 14 nights on the Pearl in Dec.

Now about the coupons. Since we will both be making Platinum, then we should both get a set of coupons to the restaurants, which would be 4 visits.  If not, that really stinks!

John

Edited by JWGrayson

On 10/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Our next cruise in February will also be our first one as platinum. It is 14 days. I'm pretty sure we will only get the two comp dinners. I know you cannot make reservations before you sail but can you make reservations on boarding day?

Our first cruise at a platinum is January 19.  I made our  dinner reservations online last night.  That's 91 days before sailing.

2 hours ago, JWGrayson said:

Hi Karen, Great to run into you on here! I was thinking about you the other day and wondered how your budget cruising was going. We ended up getting really sick the last few days on the Horizon. Took 3 weeks to get back to normal. We are doing 14 nights on the Pearl in Dec.

Now about the coupons. Since we will both be making Platinum, then we should both get a set of coupons to the restaurants, which would be 4 visits.  If not, that really stinks!

John

The coupons are for 2   So you get 4 meals.  Not 4 “visits”.   You will have 2 visits.   The coupons are per cabin.  

Actually I’m in Budapest now going on a river cruise.   I’ve been on 7 “budget “ cruises since the Horizon.   😀😀😀.    Still escaping.  😀

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

The coupons are for 2   So you get 4 meals.  Not 4 “visits”.   You will have 2 visits.   The coupons are per cabin.  

Actually I’m in Budapest now going on a river cruise.   I’ve been on 7 “budget “ cruises since the Horizon.   😀😀😀.    Still escaping.  😀

We just got back from the Bliss. 

We are three people in one stateroom and got one set of coupons for the cabin. So how do we split the meals between three especially as each of us is Platinum and should get a voucher each. 

We went to Cruise Next consultant and after some confusion wgere she seemed to think we were trying to get something for nothing, she gave us another voucher marked up for solo use (plus another laundry voucher).  We then said that that now makes sense, one Cagneys meal per platinum member. we didn't have the same problem on the POA Last year, Lauren immediately gave us the extra voucher. 

I wish they would clarify this.

Although some may say that three platinum members x meal for two = 6 meals, my common sense would say that each Platinum member gets to eat in the Specialty Restaurant.  You shouldn't have to go begging! 

Incidentally, we got two bottles of wine at Cagneys though. Slightly irrelevant as we were Premium All Inclusive anyway. 

By the way we never even bothered with the La Cucina/Moderno meal. 

6 hours ago, MSUcruisers said:

Our first cruise at a platinum is January 19.  I made our  dinner reservations online last night.  That's 91 days before sailing.

We do not have the dining comp for this cruise in February.  We tried to make reservations for our platinum meals and the computer asked for our charge card and wanted to charge us.  I think we will wait until boarding.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Sounds good. You should try to get to a Luau on one of your overnight port calls. We love the local foods in Hawaii and sometimes try to get a bigger late lunch at one of the "local" places and then a light dinner on the ship. So much to do and see!

We're doing 8 days on Honolulu pre-cruise and doing the Polynesian Cultural Center for our Luau.  I'm sure we will be back again.  Every port has more to do items than there is time to do it.

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

We do not have the dining comp for this cruise in February.  We tried to make reservations for our platinum meals and the computer asked for our charge card and wanted to charge us.  I think we will wait until boarding.

The only place the computer should try to charge you for is if you choose Moderno which is a set price restaurant. Cagneys, LeBistro and LaCucina are all ala carte so no one can be charged until NCL knows what you ordered. So go ahead and make your reservations for either Cagneys or LeBistro. If you choose Moderno over LaCucina for your second meal then you will have to wait until you are on the ship to book it or you will be charged. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MouldMedic said:

We just got back from the Bliss. 

We are three people in one stateroom and got one set of coupons for the cabin. So how do we split the meals between three especially as each of us is Platinum and should get a voucher each. 

We went to Cruise Next consultant and after some confusion wgere she seemed to think we were trying to get something for nothing, she gave us another voucher marked up for solo use (plus another laundry voucher).  We then said that that now makes sense, one Cagneys meal per platinum member. we didn't have the same problem on the POA Last year, Lauren immediately gave us the extra voucher. 

I wish they would clarify this.

Although some may say that three platinum members x meal for two = 6 meals, my common sense would say that each Platinum member gets to eat in the Specialty Restaurant.  You shouldn't have to go begging! 

Incidentally, we got two bottles of wine at Cagneys though. Slightly irrelevant as we were Premium All Inclusive anyway. 

By the way we never even bothered with the La Cucina/Moderno meal. 

It is clearly written on the Latitudes page.   Per cabin.   You do NOT need any laundry coupons.   You write “Platinum “ on the slip.  Which is matched to your status on the ship via your account. 

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

It is clearly written on the Latitudes page.   Per cabin.   You do NOT need any laundry coupons.   You write “Platinum “ on the slip.  Which is matched to your status on the ship via your account. 

When they introduced the changes regarding the perks last year I queried it with the London office as it seemed and unfair change as all members in the cabin are Platinum so how do you decide which two out of three get to use the perk. I got a very convoluted reply which basically said "Just speak to the Cruise Next consultant onboard". 

I do intend to write to NCL to try to clarify this as it does discriminate against the third person who has earned their status in the same way.  I do think it should be one speciality (Cagneys/Bistro and Cucina/Moderno) meal per person. Otherwise you effectively have to pay to benefit from the perk. 

We knew about just writing Platinum on the bag. TBH  we would only ever use one bag just to freshen up a few shirts halfway through the cruise as we had a pre-cruise stay.  Thanks for the reply Karen. Glad to see you're still cruising. We've met a couple of times over the years. 

Tony, Wendy & Natalie.

17 minutes ago, MouldMedic said:

When they introduced the changes regarding the perks last year I queried it with the London office as it seemed and unfair change as all members in the cabin are Platinum so how do you decide which two out of three get to use the perk. I got a very convoluted reply which basically said "Just speak to the Cruise Next consultant onboard". 

I do intend to write to NCL to try to clarify this as it does discriminate against the third person who has earned their status in the same way.  I do think it should be one speciality (Cagneys/Bistro and Cucina/Moderno) meal per person. Otherwise you effectively have to pay to benefit from the perk. 

We knew about just writing Platinum on the bag. TBH  we would only ever use one bag just to freshen up a few shirts halfway through the cruise as we had a pre-cruise stay.  Thanks for the reply Karen. Glad to see you're still cruising. We've met a couple of times over the years. 

Tony, Wendy & Natalie.

The following is from the Ncl website.  (I made the part about 3rd and 4th people bold and red). NCL changed it to this shortly after the uproar about 3 and 4th passengers being cheated of their benefits when the changes were first made..  https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
  • - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina

This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit. Guest to present voucher to their server before ordering. Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account.

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MouldMedic said:

You should have received one coupon for two and another coupon for one for the third Platinum person, per the terms:  For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered. If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

You should have received one coupon for two and another coupon for one for the third Platinum person, per the terms:  For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered. If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Many thanks for that, I've never seen that, I will look for that on the T&C's.

The Cruise Next consultant should have known that. We had a little difficulty convincing her at first. 

8 minutes ago, MouldMedic said:

Many thanks for that, I've never seen that, I will look for that on the T&C's.

The Cruise Next consultant should have known that. We had a little difficulty convincing her at first. 

Yes, the Cruise Next Consultant should have known and I'm sure your difficulty convincing her had to do with others who were really trying to scam them for additional meals.  People on here are still have an issue that it was changed from 2 dinners for 2 for each Platinum passenger to 2 dinners for 2 per cabin and I'm sure they go to the Cruise Next Consultant complaining to get additional dinners.  Next time, I'd print off the terms and take it with you, just incase you have the same issue.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Yes, the Cruise Next Consultant should have known and I'm sure your difficulty convincing her had to do with others who were really trying to scam them for additional meals.  People on here are still have an issue that it was changed from 2 dinners for 2 for each Platinum passenger to 2 dinners for 2 per cabin and I'm sure they go to the Cruise Next Consultant complaining to get additional dinners.  Next time, I'd print off the terms and take it with you, just incase you have the same issue.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

Thanks. I've found it and printed it off already! But many thanks for posting the link. 

I'm sure what you say is correct, they must have had lots of people trying it on.

She was very anti at first, either she wasn't listening or it was our British accents that caused misunderstanding (believe me it happens a lot). She started saying things like ("It's not as if you have paid for this.".. etc).

After it was resolved I said that this made  common sense, one dinner per person and that we were not trying to scam them. However she should have known the situation as soon as we presented her with the situation.

Actually the extra Welcome Back card should have been there in the first place. 

As stated before, we didn't even use the other meals included, we're not that organised and the most desirable slots book out quickly.  It's a nice incentive but  we don't kick the butt out of it, much prefer to keep things relaxed and Freestyle.

Thanks again

Tony

1 hour ago, MouldMedic said:

Tony, Wendy & Natalie.

Absolutely when 3 Platinums are in the same cabin. You are all entitled to the benefit.   There’s some potential confusion with some comments.   John above appeared to be referring the old program with each P getting dinners.    Actually there is some improvement since it used to be only the Le Bistro.  

With 3 I think every time you are going to have to get that solo dinner coupon from Cruise Next.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

People on here are still have an issue that it was changed from 2 dinners for 2 for each Platinum passenger to 2 dinners for 2 per cabin and I'm sure they go to the Cruise Next Consultant complaining to get additional dinners.

Some people on here do indeed have an issue with it being changed from 2 dinners for 2 for each Platinum passenger.

The problem with that, is that was never what it was.

It has changed from 1 dinner for 2 per platinum passenger to 2 dinners for 2 per cabin. If there are two platinums in the room then it's the same number of meals, but lots of people have forgotten that.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:56 AM, Cardex said:

This is my first cruise with the platinum dining perk. I am doing a back to back on the Dawn. I will be solo on the first cruise and my husband is joining me for the second cruise. Is it possible to save the 2 dinner coupons from the first cruise and use them on the second cruise? It would be so much nicer to be able to share the dinners with my husband than dining solo.

Just off Bliss and they had written the cabin number on each voucher in marker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Some people on here do indeed have an issue with it being changed from 2 dinners for 2 for each Platinum passenger.

The problem with that, is that was never what it was.

It has changed from 1 dinner for 2 per platinum passenger to 2 dinners for 2 per cabin. If there are two platinums in the room then it's the same number of meals, but lots of people have forgotten that.

I agree. It's been explained millions of times but couples who were both platinum just remember they had two dinners for two and not that they were actually combining one dinner for two  each to make the  2 dinners for two.  The ones that make out now are the ones with only one platinum in the cabin because they still get two dinners for two. Those of us that have two platinum/+ in the cabin have the same amount of dinners as before, just one less bottle of wine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac4YYZ said:

Just off Bliss and they had written the cabin number on each voucher in marker. 

I am just off a B2B on the Dawn and the first voucher booklet had a printed label with my info on the front. The second voucher booklet (I changed cabins) had nothing on it so even the same ship is inconsistent...

As I updated in an earlier post, I had no trouble using all 4 coupons on the second leg of my B2B cruise.

• Like 1