Visa for Vietnam and/or Cambodia

mugtech

Just received a letter from NCL telling me about possible visa requirements for upcoming sailings on the Jewel between November 5, 2018 and May 5, 2019. It listed most of the countries involved, but nothing was mentioned about Vietnam or Cambodia. Can anyone provide any possible visas required for US passport holders? I had heard it could be taken care of on the ship, was not a requirement for boarding concerning Vietnam. Is that still the case?

Not sure about arriving by cruise ship, but when we flew to Cambodia in 2015 we got a visa right at the airport. So if not on ship there would likely be a way to get them at the terminal. I think it was about $30.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 3:20 PM, mugtech said:

Just received a letter from NCL telling me about possible visa requirements for upcoming sailings on the Jewel between November 5, 2018 and May 5, 2019. It listed most of the countries involved, but nothing was mentioned about Vietnam or Cambodia. Can anyone provide any possible visas required for US passport holders? I had heard it could be taken care of on the ship, was not a requirement for boarding concerning Vietnam. Is that still the case?

Hi there,

i am going through this now on Princess. Cruise lines will obtain the Vietnam and Cambodia visas for you if you do not have one when you board. Please be aware that the Vietnamese government is only charging $ 5 USD at the present time for what they call a loose leaf visa. This is a group rate for cruise ship passengers only. Unfortunately, Princess cruise lines is charging $56 USD for this loose leaf visa. I have written to them several times about this outrageous overcharge but they are not reducing the fee. Celebrity cruises charges $6 USD per person. I am not sure about NCL. But you should find out so you have time to complain if they are charging more than $6. 

Kari

• 3 weeks later...

My

On 11/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, karioncruising said:

Hi there,

i am going through this now on Princess. Cruise lines will obtain the Vietnam and Cambodia visas for you if you do not have one when you board. Please be aware that the Vietnamese government is only charging $ 5 USD at the present time for what they call a loose leaf visa. This is a group rate for cruise ship passengers only. Unfortunately, Princess cruise lines is charging $56 USD for this loose leaf visa. I have written to them several times about this outrageous overcharge but they are not reducing the fee. Celebrity cruises charges $6 USD per person. I am not sure about NCL. But you should find out so you have time to complain if they are charging more than $6. 

Kari

My daughter is going on the NCL Jewel on the 4th March 2019.  We have asked our travel agent to check with NCL  regarding  a Visa for Cambodia. All NCL said was it was the passengers responsibility.  Have looked on line and a Cambodia Visas can be obtained for $30 for a UK Citizen.

1 minute ago, Juliehay said:

My daughter is going on the NCL Jewel on the 4th March 2019.  We have asked our travel agent to check with NCL  regarding  a Visa for Cambodia. All NCL said was it was the passengers responsibility.  Have looked on line and a Cambodia Visas can be obtained for $30 for a UK Citizen.

Please speak with the visa people at NCL, we were given this information also on our Asian cruise and finally found out that the type of visa that NCL and other cruise lines issue is a special visa for just the one day on the cruise, they may not accept a regular visa obtained through the embassy  

48 minutes ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

Contact NCL. If you book an excursion through NCL they will obtain the Visa for you possibly for a fee depending on the country. This is what I was told about Russia. If you book excursions for Russia through NCL you don’t have to obtain a separate Visa.

We are also on the March 4, 2019 sailing.  Vietnam and Cambodia visas are required whether or not you book an excursion through NCL.  (Vietnam visa is required for US & Canada passport holders) 

The Cambodian e-visas do not apply to the cruise port - only airports.  You can obtain the visas from your closest consulate in advance or pay NCL onboard: $89 pp for Cambodia (and $69 pp for Vietnam) 

Edited by herdingdogmom

• 2 weeks later...

We will going on the NCL Jewel on the 16th March 2019 for sailing from HongKong to Singapore.

And intend to join shore excursions 4 x Vietnam + 1 x Cambodja and I asked NCL by email about required visa.

See next answers from NCL: 

Please note that anyone who is from a country that requires a visa for
Cambodia and/or Vietnam can purchase them on board the ship, all you need is
your passport.

The price is $89 per person for a Cambodian visa and $69 per person for a
Vietnamese visa.

The prices is per Visa per person, you do not need multiple visas only one. (Vietnam)

We didn't receive any letter from NCL, but the answer by email is very clear to me.

Regards,

Ronald 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, bastiaensen said:

We will going on the NCL Jewel on the 16th March 2019 for sailing from HongKong to Singapore.

And intend to join shore excursions 4 x Vietnam + 1 x Cambodja and I asked NCL by email about required visa.

See next answers from NCL: 

Please note that anyone who is from a country that requires a visa for
Cambodia and/or Vietnam can purchase them on board the ship, all you need is
your passport.

The price is $89 per person for a Cambodian visa and $69 per person for a
Vietnamese visa.

The prices is per Visa per person, you do not need multiple visas only one. (Vietnam)

We didn't receive any letter from NCL, but the answer by email is very clear to me.

Regards,

Ronald 

Just letting you know that Celebrity charges $6 USD for the Vietnam loose leaf visa and  Princess charged $31 USD in December for the same visa. It was changed from $56 at the last minute. I would complain to NCL if I were you.

Kari