Cruise next certificate

DCLCrazy

Does anyone know if I can use a cruise next certificate to help pay down a cruise I’ve already booked or does it have to go on a new reservation?

I have been able to use a CN coupon both before and after final payment. I have applied the coupon through the payment screen. And after payment I called and received cash back on the credit card on file. If you booked through a TA you may not have access to the payment screen. You would have to call them (TA) to apply the coupon.

Does anyone know if I can use a cruise next certificate to help pay down a cruise I’ve already booked or does it have to go on a new reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used one when I booked my cruise and then another a year later to pay towards it. Just let your TA know, it shouldn't be a problem

I've been told that once booked you cannot add a cruise next certificate.

Did you start more than one thread with the same question because I could swear I answered this exact same question last week!

I've been told that once booked you cannot add a cruise next certificate.

As usual seek a 2nd opinion and not here at CC !

Call and speak with NCL or your TA if booked thru that source.

OK maybe you are right and that would be after the Final Payment period -

but even then there have been reports of adjustments being made.

You can see in my signature I have two cruises booked, I had planned to buy a certificate in a few weeks (on first) to use on the second cruise which only has a deposit paid so far.

I booked direct and the payment screen there is a drop down to choose "payment method" which is "credit card" or "voucher or credit", the second option has been greyed out and unselectable since 6 month out meaning I can no longer use a certificate online.

I still have the option to buy one and try a telephone payment, I will probably try this as people (like above) have reported luck but it concerns me the online option is no longer available.

You can see in my signature I have two cruises booked, I had planned to buy a certificate in a few weeks (on first) to use on the second cruise which only has a deposit paid so far.

I booked direct and the payment screen there is a drop down to choose "payment method" which is "credit card" or "voucher or credit", the second option has been greyed out and unselectable since 6 month out meaning I can no longer use a certificate online.

I still have the option to buy one and try a telephone payment, I will probably try this as people (like above) have reported luck but it concerns me the online option is no longer available.

I was told a way to adjust and use 2 certificates after 6 months as passed, book a cruise more than 6 months away using certificates, then call and book a cruise nearer, they will just charge what you have paid already, therefore using up 2 credits.

This was told to me by cruise credit management at haven party.

For my november 2019 cruise the second payment option has been greyed out and unselectable for me also. But it is in more than one year :o. I want to buy 2 Certificate this week on my cruise to apply on that 2019 cruise. Do you think it is because i don't have any cruisenext certificate on my account yet and that it will be selectable when they will appear in my account ? I could cancel and rebook but the price has increased since i booked ! Any one experienced this ?

I was told a way to adjust and use 2 certificates after 6 months as passed, book a cruise more than 6 months away using certificates, then call and book a cruise nearer, they will just charge what you have paid already, therefore using up 2 credits.

This was told to me by cruise credit management at haven party.

You are in a balcony ++ for this cruise?? Of course you can use 2 certificates since you booked prior to Sept 30. Outside and inside can use 1

For my november 2019 cruise the second payment option has been greyed out and unselectable for me also. But it is in more than one year :o. I want to buy 2 Certificate this week on my cruise to apply on that 2019 cruise. Do you think it is because i don't have any cruisenext certificate on my account yet and that it will be selectable when they will appear in my account ? I could cancel and rebook but the price has increased since i booked ! Any one experienced this ?

Hmmmm that's interesting, I thought my option had vanished as I was under 6 months, it was definitely available earlier in the year and I never had certificates, that can't be the reason, maybe they changed something on the website, I think I'm going to chance it and buy certificates and see what happens.

• 3 years later...
On 10/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, DCLCrazy said:

I don’t know what the rules are now but they used to require it to be a new booking to use a future cruise certificate.   I discovered this because I booked a cruise through Travelocity years ago and wanted to use my future cruise certificate but the person at Travelocity told me I would have to speak to Norwegian Cruise Line themselves. When I called the representative told me I couldn’t use my future cruise certificate because the cruise had already been booked. I raised hell and they allowed me to use the future cruise certificate. It’s certainly worth a try but don’t get your heart set on it.

3 minutes ago, Jana60 said:

I don’t know what the rules are now but they used to require it to be a new booking to use a future cruise certificate.   I discovered this because I booked a cruise through Travelocity years ago and wanted to use my future cruise certificate but the person at Travelocity told me I would have to speak to Norwegian Cruise Line themselves. When I called the representative told me I couldn’t use my future cruise certificate because the cruise had already been booked. I raised hell and they allowed me to use the future cruise certificate. It’s certainly worth a try but don’t get your heart set on it.

Please don't bump up three year old threads, they more often than not contain outdated information that isn't helpful.

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Jana60 said:

Thank you for your contribution,,,, BUT you are answering a question from 2018 with a lot of obsolete pre-pandemic information. This causes a lot of confusion.