2xsin12mths

resortforaday.com

I'm so confused about all the resorts we have to chose from in Ocho Rios?? My DH and I know we want a nice quiet resort with a NICE BEACH. Don't care about the pool.....we go to the islands for the beaches. Looking through the different ones available many have water parks. Would it be wise to go to an adult only resort without a waterpark since we have no kids with us this time around. We are looking for a quiet beach and drinks and a good book.:cool:

i only found 3 out of Ohco Rios.  The two that are adults only are Dunn's river beach and Paradise Cove.  Runaway is family with water park.  Cove looks like the beach is smaller.  will search other strands for pros and cons

On 10/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, 2xsin12mths said:

I'm so confused about all the resorts we have to chose from in Ocho Rios?? My DH and I know we want a nice quiet resort with a NICE BEACH. Don't care about the pool.....we go to the islands for the beaches. Looking through the different ones available many have water parks. Would it be wise to go to an adult only resort without a waterpark since we have no kids with us this time around. We are looking for a quiet beach and drinks and a good book.:cool:

I have been looking also for my January cruise. It will be just me and my husband. We have been to Jamaica

twice and have done Dunn's River Falls etc. I am leaning toward Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort.

It looks to be the closet to the port (which my husband wants). I have read reviews on this resort

and also Jewel Paradise.

There are pros and cons for both.

Jewel Dunn's - adult only

Con - Has a small beach and I have read there is a fence near the beach that locals hang at to try and sell you "stuff".

Pro - 15 minutes for port.

Jewel Paradise - adult only

Con - 30 minutes from port which husband does not like. Vendors on the beach.

When are you going?

We are leaving November 11th. We may just stay on the ship since we are in Havana on Carnival Horizon. My husband gets very anxious around the pushy locals, they don't really bother me.

We may decide the day we dock?