resortforaday.com

2xsin12mths

I'm so confused about all the resorts we have to chose from in Ocho Rios?? My DH and I know we want a nice quiet resort with a NICE BEACH. Don't care about the pool.....we go to the islands for the beaches. Looking through the different ones available many have water parks. Would it be wise to go to an adult only resort without a waterpark since we have no kids with us this time around. We are looking for a quiet beach and drinks and a good book.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, 2xsin12mths said:

I'm so confused about all the resorts we have to chose from in Ocho Rios?? My DH and I know we want a nice quiet resort with a NICE BEACH. Don't care about the pool.....we go to the islands for the beaches. Looking through the different ones available many have water parks. Would it be wise to go to an adult only resort without a waterpark since we have no kids with us this time around. We are looking for a quiet beach and drinks and a good book.:cool:

I have been looking also for my January cruise. It will be just me and my husband. We have been to Jamaica

twice and have done Dunn's River Falls etc. I am leaning toward Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort.

It looks to be the closet to the port (which my husband wants). I have read reviews on this resort

and also Jewel Paradise.

There are pros and cons for both.

Jewel Dunn's - adult only

Con - Has a small beach and I have read there is a fence near the beach that locals hang at to try and sell you "stuff".

Pro - 15 minutes for port.

Jewel Paradise - adult only

Con - 30 minutes from port which husband does not like. Vendors on the beach.

When are you going?

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2018 at 4:32 PM, reno3 said:

I have been looking also for my January cruise. It will be just me and my husband. We have been to Jamaica

twice and have done Dunn's River Falls etc. I am leaning toward Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort.

It looks to be the closet to the port (which my husband wants). I have read reviews on this resort

and also Jewel Paradise.

There are pros and cons for both.

Jewel Dunn's - adult only

Con - Has a small beach and I have read there is a fence near the beach that locals hang at to try and sell you "stuff".

Pro - 15 minutes for port.

Jewel Paradise - adult only

Con - 30 minutes from port which husband does not like. Vendors on the beach.

When are you going?

What did you decide on??  Anyone with updated reviews?

4 hours ago, reno3 said:

I booked the Jewel Dunn'd River Resort. We will be there next month. 

How did you book it?  I went to their website and it looks nice but I couldn't find a link to sign up or what prices were.  Also how do you get there?

5 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

How did you book it?  I went to their website and it looks nice but I couldn't find a link to sign up or what prices were.  Also how do you get there?

I booked through https://www.resortforaday.com/product-p/orjajd.htm

They include transportation to the resort and then back to the ship. I have read some reviews and most are from people that have stayed there for a vacation. There are a few reviews that I have read about the day pass on TA and they all rave about the place for the most part. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reno3 said:

They include transportation to the resort and then back to the ship. I have read some reviews and most are from people that have stayed there for a vacation. There are a few reviews that I have read about the day pass on TA and they all rave about the place for the most part.  

Thank you so much for responding and I went to the website and it's perfectly what we were looking for at a reasonable price.  Unfortunately we will be there on 1/24 and they are already sold out.  I have sent an email to see if there's any possibility of getting a reservation so hoping that we can still go as otherwise I think we will just stay on the ship since we have mobility issues. 😞 

14 hours ago, reno3 said:

Good luck.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We do have a 10 yrs old and considering Jewel Runaway Bay Beach Resort booked through this company, anyone been there or have any comments about it? The reviews I see seem pretty good for families that stay at the resort, but I'm not sure all the food/bars available for the day pass option. 

Would be interested in hearing what others have done and enjoyed.  And how the transportation portion worked out.