Marriott Hotels only In Barcelona

Pedro2400

We will be staying for two nights in July 2019 for our Oasis of the seas cruise, we would like to use our Marriott points.

Any good ( no too expensive) Marriott only hotel recommendations ?

There are at least 6 Marriott hotels ranging from £87 up to £211.

Well, in terms of cost you need to look at the points required, rather than the cash rate, which may or may not correlate depending on the property. Also, remember that following the merger there will be a further category readjustment at the beginning of the year, so you're probably best to lock in your reservation now as your chosen hotel could go up in points cost. Now is a great window for booking some high-end properties that will be going up in points.

I've stayed at 2 Marriott properties in Barcelona, the Renaissance Fira and the AC Hotel Sants. The Renaissance Fira is a very nice hotel, although I loathe the bathroom configuration in their standard rooms - separate enclosed WC, with the shower/vanity area behind a glass wall, completely exposed to the rest of the room! The AC Sants is a standard AC, perfectly serviceable and adequate but not particularly memorable. Neither are particularly central for touring or have much around. Looking at the points rates, I don't think the Fira property is worth 35,000 points/night, when for the same points you can stay at the Renaissance Barcelona, which is in a more central location.

If you feel like a splurge, you can look at the Meridien on Las Ramblas, at 50,000, or the often-recommended Hotel Arts at 60,000. If you want to keep it as low as possible, I'd be looking at either the AC Sants or AC Irla, both at 17,500. Don't know much about the AC Irla's location, but it doesn't look that bad at all.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 8:12 AM, Pedro2400 said:

Thank you for your feedback.....

I am doing the same as you for my September 2019 Brilliance cruise, trying to use points. Have never been to Barcelona but i’ve Narrowed it to the Hilton Barcelona, Marriott Renaissance or the AC diagonal Lilla (near the Hilton). 

Anyone have any any pros or cons

Good to see your message as you are trying to achieve the same goal as me.

I have short listed these two based on the reviews from Trip adviser. 

and 

Both are in different locations and they both have pros and cons. Not sure either which location will be better.

Four points requires 50,000 points per night and AC Hotel requires 35000 points.

I am not sure as yet which one to pick. I will also review your recommendations as well.

Lets see if some one provides us feedback....

I personally would prefer Renaissance due to location. Good area about 12 min to Plaza Catalunia. About 5 min to Passeig de Gracia (major shopping street). Famous Gaudi buildings in 5 min walk. Also seems to be highly rated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We will be staying at Cotton House later this month for five night using points (get 5 if you book 4 nights).  The hotel is located in a central area near PC.  Platinum members receive free breakfasts.  The only complaints I've read: rooms are small and food is expensive but the main floor is beautiful.  A friend stopped by to check it out for me and gave it a high-five.   If you don't have a Marriott credit card you might check it out as they have different point promotions for joining ($95 fee waived first year) and offer one free night at a lower point property after first year. 

For our pre-cruise stay we really liked the Meridien Hotel which is right on Las Ramblas, so it's walking distance to many restaurants, shops, HOHO bus & Metra station.  Sometimes it's pricey but keep watching rates because we found a good deal.  Due to timing of flights, we needed to stay in Barcelona for one night after our cruise.  For that stay, we booked at the Renaissance Fira, which is only 15 minutes from the airport.  This hotel is very modern & new looking, considerably less expensive and convenient to the airport but there isn't much of anything within walking distance.  

On 10/24/2018 at 7:06 AM, Pedro2400 said:

Good to see your message as you are trying to achieve the same goal as me.

I have short listed these two based on the reviews from Trip adviser. 

and 

Both are in different locations and they both have pros and cons. Not sure either which location will be better.

Four points requires 50,000 points per night and AC Hotel requires 35000 points.

I am not sure as yet which one to pick. I will also review your recommendations as well.

Lets see if some one provides us feedback....

I stayed 4 nights at the Four Points Diagonal in June 2013. It was a nice hotel, but not walking distance to the sights we wanted to see.  I just checked rates for July 2019. The Four Points (Category 4) requires 25,000 Marriott points/night, and the AC Sants (Category 3) requires 17,500 points/night.

We'll return to Barcelona in early November 2019, and I'm trying to decide between the Renaissance Barcelona and the Alexandra Barcelona (Hilton) - using points.

Edited by NancyIL