Cruise Critic Community
GINNY L

Sky Ride on Horizon not working?

Does anybody know how long the sky ride on Horizon will be down? I will be getting on Horizon in two weeks. I am really looking forward to the sky ride.

My wife and I are on the same cruise....was kinda looking forward to the Sky Ride....but if it's not working, oh well. Hopefully it will be working.

A person just posted a review from 9/22 that is was down the entire cruise.

Heard from people who boarded Horizon a short time ago today who were told the Skyride would likely be down the entire cruise. That would keep it down until at least October 14th.

It has not been working well over a month, not sure what the hang up is but it must be very important for safety!

Thank you for all your replies. I knew it has been down for awhile but I was hoping maybe somebody heard when it may be up and going.

Thank you for all your replies. I knew it has been down for awhile but I was hoping maybe somebody heard when it may be up and going.

Why not ask JH on his fb page what is going on.

Does anybody know how long the sky ride on Horizon will be down? I will be getting on Horizon in two weeks. I am really looking forward to the sky ride.

It seems to be down most of the time, no big deal.

Worked on our cruise. Was not as exhilarating as I thought it would be. I would definitely not wait more than 15 minutes to go on it. It’s a gimmick - nothing special but a waste if it doesn’t work. I saw on a Disney cruise a long water tube ride - looks like that would be a bigger hit. Still love carnival but I question the people who plan these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They call it a "ride" but I tried it in April, it is more of an exercise device. It looks like skateboard wheels rolling on an overhead I-beam with chains and sprockets from a bicycle pedal crank providing the power. I am in no kind of shape, and was quite done at the end of the lap. The Dr. Seuss slides were so much more fun.

They call it a "ride" but I tried it in April, it is more of an exercise device. It looks like skateboard wheels rolling on an overhead I-beam with chains and sprockets from a bicycle pedal crank providing the power. I am in no kind of shape, and was quite done at the end of the lap. The Dr. Seuss slides were so much more fun.

The way you describe it does sound a little unsafe. However, I am an avid bike rider that is why I really wanted to go on it. I thought it would be something I truly would enjoy instead of going to the gym to use one of those bikes.

Go to the gym and work out. You will finish the course in 1 minute and wait a lifetime to go back on it. This is not for exercise - it’s a gimmick experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 10/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, GINNY L said:

The way you describe it does sound a little unsafe. However, I am an avid bike rider that is why I really wanted to go on it. I thought it would be something I truly would enjoy instead of going to the gym to use one of those bikes.

I too was an avid bike rider. This was no comparison to riding an actual bike. I enjoyed it but only did it once. So now I can say --'been there, done that.' 🙂