New Years Eve

goldenrod

Having seen that previous thread, I'll admit that that picture makes it seem as though everyone was quite bored. Not much of a celebration - just waiting for the inevitable.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

In my sick sense of humor we are all waiting for the inevitable.:eek: Enjoy while you can and embrace each day.

Having seen that previous thread, I'll admit that that picture makes it seem as though everyone was quite bored. Not much of a celebration - just waiting for the inevitable.

There are players and there are spectators and everyone gets to choose their role. Just because I am watching from Deck 3 doesn't mean I'm bored.

OP, there are some additional photos and details here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644118

The photos Peregrina651 posted were of persons sitting on the stairs and some standing in the general area enjoying the entertainment that was taking place on Deck 1 of the Atrium. Because of the vantage point the photos were taken from you can't see the surrounding party.

We were pleasantly surprised by how fun and well attended the party was and we were definitely not bored. There were people on the 'dancefloor' from the start of the event until well after its scheduled end time...the photo I posted of folks on the dance floor is actually a screen grab from a video that I took at 12:47...the crowd started to really thin out around 12:30, but there were plenty of people celebrating until after 1.

OP, there are some additional photos and details here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644118

The photos Peregrina651 posted were of persons sitting on the stairs and some standing in the general area enjoying the entertainment that was taking place on Deck 1 of the Atrium. Because of the vantage point the photos were taken from you can't see the surrounding party.

We were pleasantly surprised by how fun and well attended the party was and we were definitely not bored. There were people on the 'dancefloor' from the start of the event until well after its scheduled end time...the photo I posted of folks on the dance floor is actually a screen grab from a video that I took at 12:47...the crowd started to really thin out around 12:30, but there were plenty of people celebrating until after 1.

Thank you trinicruisegyal - we are on board Orion this New Year and had been discussing what might occur. Looks like fun.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt for a moment that everyone had a great time. I'm sure Viking made it a memorable evening for all. I also wouldn't expect a VO NYE party to be comparable to Times Square. And I have no idea the context of the picture (it could have been 10 P.M. or 1:30 A.M.) And I certainly don't mean to disparage any of the participants.

That said, it's a bunch of people sitting on the stairs - some checking their phones. Other pics in that thread were more inspired. It's unfortunate that was the first pic.

We were on the Viking Sea last New Years Eve and there was a party in the Atrium that started abound 11pm with music and dancing at midnight there was a balloon drop and a lot of free sparkling wine. It was a great time and we left about 1am. It was well attended and people started gathering about an hour before the entertainment started which should explain why people were seated on the stairs.