Does anyone have room number assignments yet?

Tricia612

We have never cruised on Holland America and booked direct. We got the link to print out docs and luggage tags but still don't have a room assigned to us. It just says guaranteed outside cabin. Does anyone have room assignments yet?

5 weeks and counting till cruise time 🚢️Ime

We have never cruised on Holland America and booked direct. We got the link to print out docs and luggage tags but still don't have a room assigned to us. It just says guaranteed outside cabin. Does anyone have room assignments yet?

5 weeks and counting till cruise time 🚢️Ime

Locate your roll call using

cruiselineStar20121001.pngFind Your Holland America Roll Call and ask your question there.

When you have a GTY booking, the cabin assignment can occur anytime up until embarkation day, but will usually be by the last week before the cruise.

Tricia,

I see you already found your Roll Call. You can ask there, and commiserate, but whatever you find there, don't worry! You have plenty of time. Hold off printing your boarding docs, but if it comes down to the wire, just print them with blank spaces -- the porters will look it up on the pier.

I have heard (or rather read on these boards) that the room number may in fact show up on your online luggage tags FIRST. Or at least going through the website to check for that, will keep you busy!

I'll commiserate with you! I'm sailing in just over a month and don't yet have a cabin assignment either. I'm trying not to be too obsessive and only check the website once per day to see if something is there. I'm sure as we get closer I will probably not be able to help myself from checking more frequently.

Last Friday a ton of people on my sailing (including myself) got upsell offers, so they're clearly trying to shift people around. I assume once the dust settles from all of that, then I'll get my cabin assigned. I know I'll be on the ship, which is all that really matters to me at this point. But the suspense is heightening my excitement, that's for sure! :D

I'm in the same boat, but we are six weeks out. November 21 on the Koningsdam. I'm so glad to know others obsessively look at the website to see if a room assignment has been posted. Where on the website are the luggage tags found please? ( My husband takes care of the paperwork so I don't know.) We have an SB guarantee, and I saw that the Pinnacle Suites are now sold. So, we won't be getting one of those! I was hoping.

I'll commiserate with you! I'm sailing in just over a month and don't yet have a cabin assignment either. I'm trying not to be too obsessive and only check the website once per day to see if something is there. I'm sure as we get closer I will probably not be able to help myself from checking more frequently.

Last Friday a ton of people on my sailing (including myself) got upsell offers, so they're clearly trying to shift people around. I assume once the dust settles from all of that, then I'll get my cabin assigned. I know I'll be on the ship, which is all that really matters to me at this point. But the suspense is heightening my excitement, that's for sure! :D

HAL has moved to aggressively pushing "upsell" offers to increase revenue (a good deal for them). Lately they have started the process around 6 weeks out (depends on how full the sailing is) and are now starting with much higher prices, then lowering them each week or so until they fill out what they need to. Then they assign the guarantees. Often, this results in guarantees not being assigned until the final week (of course this can vary if the upsell process goes quickly).

Upsells can happen even at the last minute, if someone cancels late. This happened to me last March, only 4 days prior to sailing.

Does HAL send an email when your cabin is assigned for GTY bookings? Haven't booked GTY before, but sailing in 9 days with no assignment yet. Just trying to save the time and frustration of getting to the luggage tag portion of the HAL site to see cabin number since that seems to be where it shows up first.

Add me to the list of folks obsessively checking for an assignment. I can't stop myself even though I know full well that I am unlikely to see anything for another month or so. Still 5 weeks out.

Do we need a Stateroom Guarantee Support Group? :)

• Haha 1

Thanks for your input and past experience with HAL. I am a planner and would like to know our room number. I’m trying to keep an open mind about this cruise line. Has anyone been to our ports before? Which port activities are good?

Thanks again for all replies. I have my countdown clock on my home page and are excited to be spending Thanksgiving on the Rotterdam.

Tricia From Dunedin where The Son :cool: always shines

We are still waiting and we are supposed to be on a cruise on the 18th, maybe not.

SORRY - I just checked my luggage tags and there we are - we are sailing - happy days

Edited by boards

Does HAL send an email when your cabin is assigned for GTY bookings? Haven't booked GTY before, but sailing in 9 days with no assignment yet. Just trying to save the time and frustration of getting to the luggage tag portion of the HAL site to see cabin number since that seems to be where it shows up first.

They will send an email. My most recent one was titled "Changed Booking - (Guest Notification of Stateroom Change)" and included that info in the email, though I still had to log in to see the actual room number. The reason people check the luggage tags is that the email may come a few hours after the assignment is made, but the room number will show on the luggage tags pretty immediately. My assignment was made 7 days before my trip.

• 2 weeks later...