The Enchanted

Jemnibabe

Is there any word on the new Princess ship Enchanted? First cruise? Itinerary, etc? Thanks for any comments.

Judy in SW Florida :confused::confused:

The next one, the Sky Princess is due in service in October 2019.

Don't think there is much info on the next one after that yet.

Don't think there is much info on the next one after that yet.[/by Adam Leposa | Aug 20, 2018 9:48am

Princess Cruises has announced the name of its fifth Royal-class ship: the Enchanted Princess. The new cruise ship is scheduled to debut June 15, 2020, with a series of European voyages. Bookings for the new ship’s inaugural summer 2020 season will open November 8, 2018.

After the debut of the Enchanted Princess, the next new Royal-class ship for Princess Cruises will be slated to launch in 2022. The cruise line also has two new ships powered by eco-friendly liquefied natural gas (LNG) on order, bringing its new ship order to five ships in six years.

Construction of the 3,660-passenger Enchanted Princess will take place in the Fincantieri Monfalcone shipyard. Billed as an evolution of the design platform used for the cruise line’s previous Royal-class ships, the Enchanted Princess will have the line’s new Sky Suites, which can host up to five guests in a space with a 700-square-foot balcony, the largest-ever balconies for the cruise line. Dining options will include a variety of buffet and pizza options, as well as specialty venues including Chef’s Table Lumiere, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, The Salty Dog Gastropub, Crown Grill and Ultimate Balcony Dining.

Other amenities on the new ship will include additional spa tubs, as well as two deep-tank pools, linked by sunken communal seating, next to dancing fountains and a top-deck bar. There will also be an infinity-style Wakeview poll and bar at the ship’s aft. In addition to the line’s signature activities, such as the Movies Under the Stars, a new Princess Live! and Café venue will host a changing lineup of live performances, along with coffee, tea and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't think there is much info on the next one after that yet.[/by Adam Leposa | Aug 20, 2018 9:48am

Princess Cruises has announced the name of its fifth Royal-class ship: the Enchanted Princess. The new cruise ship is scheduled to debut June 15, 2020, with a series of European voyages. Bookings for the new ship’s inaugural summer 2020 season will open November 8, 2018.

After the debut of the Enchanted Princess, the next new Royal-class ship for Princess Cruises will be slated to launch in 2022. The cruise line also has two new ships powered by eco-friendly liquefied natural gas (LNG) on order, bringing its new ship order to five ships in six years.

Construction of the 3,660-passenger Enchanted Princess will take place in the Fincantieri Monfalcone shipyard. Billed as an evolution of the design platform used for the cruise line’s previous Royal-class ships, the Enchanted Princess will have the line’s new Sky Suites, which can host up to five guests in a space with a 700-square-foot balcony, the largest-ever balconies for the cruise line. Dining options will include a variety of buffet and pizza options, as well as specialty venues including Chef’s Table Lumiere, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, The Salty Dog Gastropub, Crown Grill and Ultimate Balcony Dining.

Other amenities on the new ship will include additional spa tubs, as well as two deep-tank pools, linked by sunken communal seating, next to dancing fountains and a top-deck bar. There will also be an infinity-style Wakeview poll and bar at the ship’s aft. In addition to the line’s signature activities, such as the Movies Under the Stars, a new Princess Live! and Café venue will host a changing lineup of live performances, along with coffee, tea and drinks.

They used basically the same description for the Sky......

Other than the Sky Suites and some pool and spa changes she is pretty much the same as the other Royal Class ships.

The dancing fountains seem to have become a non factor since inception.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for posting that article. Curious about the itinerary for the summer cruises and if/when it will return to the US.

Judy from SW Florida :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Judy!

Nice to see you on these boards!  We (DH Brian and I) met you and your DH on our first cruise, a TA from FLL to Barcelona back in 2010.  Thanks for this thread....I am looking forward to seeing the options for the Majestic.  Hopefully the sheets will show up here on CC so that I can provide instructions to our TA for November 8th.

Best,

denise

As posted in the deployments thread, Enchanted Princess' first cruise will be an 11 day from Rome to Southampton leaving 18th June.

She will then have her naming ceremony in Southampton at the end of June before heading back to Rome on 1st July on a 10 day cruise.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, hokiefans said:

Hi Judy!

Nice to see you on these boards!  We (DH Brian and I) met you and your DH on our first cruise, a TA from FLL to Barcelona back in 2010.  Thanks for this thread....I am looking forward to seeing the options for the Majestic.  Hopefully the sheets will show up here on CC so that I can provide instructions to our TA for November 8th.

Best,

denise

Hi Denise.....Yes Yes I do remember you and your husband.  That was a great cruise.  What do you have planned for 2020?  I'm curious about the Enchanted since I have been on the Majestic and not going to be able to do the new Sky Princess.  Great seeing you on line.

Judy from SW Florida

On 11/1/2018 at 12:05 PM, Love2cruise77 said:

Not sure if these are posted before, but Enchanted itinerary and price is listed in the PDF's.

PC_2020EuropeRefFlyer_10_2018_FINAL-s.pdf

PC_2020EuropeSailingScheduleFareAmenitiesTA_10_2018_FINAL-s.pdf

Thank you so much for posting a 2020 schedule........this is much needed for our future planning!

I just got an email from Princess about the Enchanted.  It lists having a Crooners.  The photo of the Salty Dog Gastro Pub shows that they won't have those tall tables and stools that so many people disliked.  There is also a food venue called the Salty Dog Grill that is where the Trident Grill is on the older ships.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Jemnibabe said:

Hi Denise.....Yes Yes I do remember you and your husband.  That was a great cruise.  What do you have planned for 2020?  I'm curious about the Enchanted since I have been on the Majestic and not going to be able to do the new Sky Princess.  Great seeing you on line.

Judy from SW Florida

:classic_biggrin:  For 2020, we going to book the Grand Med and the Maiden TA on the Enchanted when she opens for bookings this week and keep our fingers crossed.  Lots of new ports for us on the B2B and a great way to celebrate my 50th!  If I wind a lottery between now and then, Sky Suite here we come!

denise

We had a deck plan link sent through by email in the UK - I've attached it. Similar to Sky Princess but noticed:

- there is a Crooners! But its on deck 6 around the Piazza

- Gastropub instead of Vines in the Piazza

- new dining room names: Estrella, Cielo, Soleil

- The Bar (in Club 6 location) is called Take 5 but is still on 6

- Bellinis and Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar have swapped decks compared to other Royal class ships

Deck Plan.pdf

Edited by dides

3 hours ago, dides said:

We had a deck plan link sent through by email in the UK - I've attached it. Similar to Sky Princess but noticed:

- there is a Crooners! But its on deck 6 around the Piazza

- Gastropub instead of Vines in the Piazza

- new dining room names: Estrella, Cielo, Soleil

- The Bar (in Club 6 location) is called Take 5 but is still on 6

- Bellinis and Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar have swapped decks compared to other Royal class ships

Deck Plan.pdf

dides,

Thanks for the deck plan. There is more information on The Enchanted deck plans then for the Sky. Hopefully Princess is listening and will include a Crooner's on the Sky.

Just a thought. Since the Majestic doesn't have a Crooner's maybe the Sky will not be staying in the Caribbean area after it's debut and will be moving to a different location.

24 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

The Seawalk has been scrapped, according to a future cruise consultant on the Regal.

The deck plan supplied by dides seems to show that. 

Jim

Jim, 

From what I can tell from both the Sky and The Enchanted, the glass windows are still located in the deck in the area that used to be the SeaWalk and SeaView Bar. It's just enclosed now instead of that open area at the SeaWalk that the Royal, Regal and Majestic has. There is still the SeaView Bar but it is located right in the middle of the deck between the pool and the elevators.

Marty

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread, I am still somewhat new here.  I do hope this is okay :).

After returning from a 14 day holiday cruise on the Caribbean Princess, my wife and I booked a 14 day Caribbean East/West cruise for the next holiday season on the Enchanted.  We figure it will be nice to see new ports this time around, although we really enjoyed our time on the "circle" cruise.

We spent a lot of our time on the Caribbean Princess in the Piazza, Explorers Lounge, Club Fusion, and Skywalkers.  The live band playing in Explorers and the DJ in Skywalkers did quite well by us, and we would hope for a somewhat similar experience this coming December.  

In looking at the deck plan of the Enchanted, Skywalkers, Club Fusion and Explorers are gone, and the only similar space I can find appears to be Take 5.  Is this truly going to be the case, no dance club on the Enchanted and limited live music offerings?  How is the overall entertainment setup on the Sky, which I believe is similar to what the Enchanted will offer?

Thanks!

Hi @blloydtbird! The topic is still about something in the future so I'm sure bumping it is OK! So a lot of the venues on Enchanted and Royal-class ships in general definitely have a bit of a different vibe compared to Caribbean Princess. The Piazza is still a great spot for the slow dance or ballroom/ballroom-esque dance (or just whatever dance!) when the party band is on, and they're almost always performing just in the Piazza (or on deck if there is a deck party). Because Club 6 (Royal/Regal) was pretty poorly received (from my perspective of all of the reviews and what not), it seems Take Five is here to stay. I have not been on Sky yet but Vista Lounge now has a bar and seems to be a more dynamic space than what it was on older sister ships. You also can't forget Crooners will be on Enchanted and based on Crooners past, it should be a great, lively spot like it has been! Sorry if this response doesn't exactly answer all your questions, but I just wanted to reassure you that there can still be some great niche spots around the ship for you to enjoy great live music and dance spots! Hope you enjoy and have a great time on Enchanted!