Cruise Critic Community
BirdTravels

New and Improved CC

I think it’s too soon to say. I’m sure there will be a few glitches in the beginning but I’m hopeful that all will be well!

I feel like I might need stronger contact lens prescription to see the posts...fonts seem small and very light in color 

So far I really like it!   Assuming it will be the same later :classic_biggrin:

OMG is this awful!  So bright I can't see anything!  Why all the light color and brightness. 

Have not checked out the new features because can't see anything!

My colors look the same - nothing is "extra bright".  I don't  think they're finished yet - I clicked on the Gallery and the Activities tab to see what was there and I'm still seeing the forum threads.  I agree with the "too soon to tell" poster.

It's Invision Power Board, or IP.Board. Very nice. I actually run a forum using this software. 

Looks fine.  Just a matter of getting used to it just like last time.   One VERY minor thing is that I don't like the list of ships up there where it is.  Too much scrolling.  Like I said, MINOR.

It's literally been up for only 20 minutes.  Must have been going through " cruise critic posting withdrawal".

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What are your thoughts on the new and improved Cruise Critic?

what are the improvements besides signatures are now shown in FULL? (But emoticons not working in signatures 😞 )

why was there a need to upgrade in the 1st place?

Edited by fstuff1

For a higher contrast theme, click the "Theme" link at the bottom and select "Default". 

ip-higher-contrast.png

Guess I'd better have that eye surgery soon and hope like hell it works cause this is so difficult to read. Oh well, big improvement, right?  Haven't checked out much so can't really say. 

I like it!  Was hoping to be able to change settings a bit (such as change the color of the screens and perhaps font/color), but will get used to it as it is now.  Really happy to be back (lurking) online with everyone!  :classic_cool:

This forum is in better shape than my present roll call.  Thanks for the "theme" pointer - that was a deal breaker for me and a lot of people are starting to complain about the light text.  It is still a bit light but have to live with it.

My roll call, however, is a hot mess.  All the posts are full of BBS code that was not re-interpreted to HTML.  Old posts are unreadable. I have a meet n mingle attendee list to repost and it will take 2 hours to edit the junk out of it.  The nav buttons do not work at the top - they only work at the bottom.  Interestingly, this error was also present after the DISboards upgrade which went from the same old boards to the same new boards systems.  

23 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

I feel like I might need stronger contact lens prescription to see the posts...fonts seem small and very light in color 

X2..... also every signature is double spaced and the photos are missing 

14 minutes ago, fshagan said:

For a higher contrast theme, click the "Theme" link at the bottom and select "Default". 

ip-higher-contrast.png

I don't seem to have that Theme...just Privacy Policy and Contact us at the bottom for me 😞 

2 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

I don't seem to have that Theme...just Privacy Policy and Contact us at the bottom for me

Me as well

Edited by NJGeorge

31 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

Agreed!!