Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BirdTravels

New and Improved CC

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Thanks, I thought it would remain and it didn't when I clicked expand signature. It also included the older cruises the same as it used to. Thanks for your help. 

 

No problem, the only thing you will have to do is get it under 10 lines next time you alter it or it will not save, you will probably have to have several past cruises per line instead of a line for each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont know about how we all browse the internet, but I will have several pages open, reading articles and such, what ever peaks my interest.  Well with the new cruise critic I am getting automatically getting logged out it seems like after 15 minutes approximately of inactivity.  Anything I can do?  thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, purpleally said:

Hate it. Please tell me what was wrong with the old site. New is not always improved 

Technically, unable to support the old forum any more. As with all things in this high tech world (which you like otherwise this forum would not exist), old give way to new.

Things do not get better by chance, they get better by change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Newleno said:

Dont know about how we all browse the internet, but I will have several pages open, reading articles and such, what ever peaks my interest.  Well with the new cruise critic I am getting automatically getting logged out it seems like after 15 minutes approximately of inactivity.  Anything I can do?  thanks

 

I don't have that problem. There were problems up until a few days ago with getting logged out seemingly at random. But those issues seem to have been corrected. You are getting logged out of Cruise Critic?

 

2 hours ago, amscene1 said:

Does the app not work anymore?

 

No. As announced, CC has discontinued the use of apps in favor of a mobile friendly website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

I don't have that problem. There were problems up until a few days ago with getting logged out seemingly at random. But those issues seem to have been corrected. You are getting logged out of Cruise Critic?

 

 

yes i get logged out all the time on my laptop, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, broberts said:

@Newleno, logged out of your laptop or out of CC?

logs me out of cruise critic,    Cruis Critic will log me out after about 15 minutes if I dont use a page 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Newleno said:

logs me out of cruise critic,    Cruis Critic will log me out after about 15 minutes if I dont use a page 

 

What browser and version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

What browser and version?

chrome, version? i dunno but thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Newleno said:

chrome, version? i dunno but thanks for your help

 

You can find the Chrome version by clicking on the menu, top far right three vertical dots, highlight Help and click About Google Chrome. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Newleno said:

Dont know about how we all browse the internet, but I will have several pages open, reading articles and such, what ever peaks my interest.  Well with the new cruise critic I am getting automatically getting logged out it seems like after 15 minutes approximately of inactivity.  Anything I can do?  thanks

 

I don't know if this will help you but this was under "announcements".

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596530-log-in-staying-logged-in-access-issues/?tab=comments#comment-56000712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, broberts said:

No. As announced, CC has discontinued the use of apps in favor of a mobile friendly website.

This is really annoying. The mobile site is not friendly when we have to scroll past the names of all of the ships (which are a poor excuse for a search) to be able to get to the list of posts, and then we can't create easy to follow items. I wish they would let me have my app back. I'm MUCH less likely to participate via the mobile website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

This is really annoying. The mobile site is not friendly when we have to scroll past the names of all of the ships (which are a poor excuse for a search) to be able to get to the list of posts, and then we can't create easy to follow items. I wish they would let me have my app back. I'm MUCH less likely to participate via the mobile website. 

 

Agreed, the list of ships should be hidden in a drop down section or something else that compresses the list. You could post a request in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/.

 

What do you mean by "create easy to follow items"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

When using the app any thread you had posted on would show up under a heading "following".

 

Curiously, any thread you had posted on in the new website would show up as "following" as well. That is, if you have not turned off the Automatically follow new content I reply to and elected not to have the system Notify me of replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now I have to click on my user name and then "Manage Followed Content" was much simpler the old way.

Threads I would have viewed before were in red font now I need to search for them all over for them. Is there a way to do that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

So now I have to click on my user name and then "Manage Followed Content" was much simpler the old way.

Threads I would have viewed before were in red font now I need to search for them all over for them. Is there a way to do that? 

 

Who said anything about Manage Followed Content? It is certainly not the place to be for checking content you follow. 

 

I believe I've posted this in reply to you before, maybe it was another user with the same avatar. Go to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/. To the right of the title Content I follow is a circle containing a checkmark. Click / tap the checkmark. Now you can click/tap the newspaper icon (blue toolbar on mobile, breadcrumb line on desktop) to immediately see new replies.

Edited by broberts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 3:25 PM, biker@sea said:

I visit this site far far less now. 😥

I am in agreement 100%....When they had the app it was simple and easy to take a quick look at unread messages, alerts, new posts, etc..now even though I checked the box to "keep me logged in" the site requires me to enter in username and password each and every time as well as log into the site itself first. This is 2018, how do you "update and improve" a website and remove the app?

 

I am not seeing this "blue dot" that is referenced in previous posts ( is it visible on a PC and iphone?)

 

I notice a huge decrease in postings in the threads I previously followed and it seems a lot of people have become frustrated and are just not as active and visiting the website less.

 

Also, The search function is horrible- no matter what I search for it brings up irrelevant topics nothing to do with what I typed in

 

Bird Travels, I know you started this thread; what are your thoughts on the new site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, broberts said:

 

I don't have that problem. There were problems up until a few days ago with getting logged out seemingly at random. But those issues seem to have been corrected. You are getting logged out of Cruise Critic?

 

 

No. As announced, CC has discontinued the use of apps in favor of a mobile friendly website.

That is literally the stupidest, most backwards thing I have ever heard in my life. What don’t they employ horses to send messages back and forth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amscene1 said:

That is literally the stupidest, most backwards thing I have ever heard in my life. What don’t they employ horses to send messages back and forth. 

 

Sorry you are inconvenienced but insulting people rarely produces positive outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

Sorry you are inconvenienced but insulting people rarely produces positive outcomes.

 

What person did I insult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amscene1 said:

 

What person did I insult?

 

So you don't consider being labelled stupid and backwards insulting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’m assuming the forum for each specific ship is only going to be some sort of search engine now? The accessibility of finding threads about a specific ship is losing my interest all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, broberts said:

 

So you don't consider being labelled stupid and backwards insulting?

 

Amscene1 was referring to lack of app.  They weren't insulting you personally.  I didnt use the app but I understand.  This new site is not much of an improvement.

Edited by zitsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...