New Format - New Questions

voljeep

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Where is the proper place to ask questions about this new format ?

Specifically if there is a 'checkbox' to block all signature lines ?

You can definitely block the signatures.  Click your name at the top of the page and go to account settings.  Or you can block a person's individually in any post.

14 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

It looks like they are going to make people change their hideously long vanity ones. 

While I didn't consider mine a "vanity" signature, it was longer than I was comfortable with in this new format (everything was double spaced), so I reduced it and took out the ships/dates.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I don't see 'Back To Top' button, I thought that was useful after scrolling through a long post, as an easy way to go back to general forum.

( you have a mouse) use your mouse scroll wheel, press and hold and a toggle will appear. You can scroll up or down by moving the mouse.

Just now, c-boy said:

( you have a mouse) use your mouse scroll wheel, press and hold and a toggle will appear. You can scroll up or down by moving the mouse.

The "Home" button will also take you to the top.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Thanks, however my point was that the 'Button' allowed one to go straight to the top and avoid excessive scrolling. Some sites have 'Home' button.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Thank you for this - I just tried it and it worked very well - zipped right up to the top with just a minor movement!

Click and zip!

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the all blurry and non-essential pictures / avatars / initials,  etc. clutter next to each poster's name?

I do have the long signatures turned off, but really also have no interest in seeing the personal photos that now show up on each post.  I guess I am just not that nosy. 

I realize it's optional to provide a photo, seems like it should also be optional to see any others'.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Can’t log in using Tapatalk. Looks like I have to use web view on my phone. What a pain. 

Bummer! I just tried as well. No luck! Guess they weren’t kidding, no more apps 😔

This is going to take some getting used to. 

• Like 1

Just now, jennybenny said:

Bummer! I just tried as well. No luck! Guess they weren’t kidding, no more apps 😔

This is going to take some getting used to. 

It's not all that bad.  All browsers let you place a link on your home screen (or desktop).  It takes you right to CC and whatever forum you linked.