Cruise Critic Community
Coffeeluvr05

iPhone and iPad CC Forum app not working

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Yes, the app went away.  You'll need to go to a browser on your mobile device.

This is terrible news! Won’t be doing that so I will be here way less. The app is the way to go. Why go backwards?

If I've done my research right, the current version of Tapatalk doesn't work with the current version of Invision forums.   My guess is the app might come back eventually, but I wouldn't guess a date.

I did try accessing the boards from my Ipad and they worked fine.

4 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If I've done my research right, the current version of Tapatalk doesn't work with the current version of Invision forums.   My guess is the app might come back eventually, but I wouldn't guess a date.

I did try accessing the boards from my Ipad and they worked fine.

Gold star on research!    This is correct

Is there any way of creating a shortcut which will notify device of new posts replies etc without going into the browser? (Like an app)

If if not I don’t think I’ll be staying... I’m struggling with the typeface currently, hopefully this can be altered in future... 

1 minute ago, kirsty_r said:

Is there any way of creating a shortcut which will notify device of new posts replies etc without going into the browser? (Like an app)

If if not I don’t think I’ll be staying... I’m struggling with the typeface currently, hopefully this can be altered in future... 

Typeface is being looked at.   You can have notifications emailed.  There is not to get notifications the same was an the app though.  You would have to open the browser and touch your notification button

Email is no good... I’ll watch with anticipation that maybe an app returns, until then I’ll be using other social media platforms... sorry.... the app was essential for me using the forum.

Not having the Android app will definitely curtail my forum viewing. It's 2018 and this website is going backwards. Bad move on admins part. 

2 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Gold star on research!    This is correct

Big mistake choosing software that does not support a mobile app. This software is okay on a computer and I can make do on an iPad but on a phone it is barely usable.