New and Improved CC

OK, so I have 694 attachments. 26.11 MB out of 488 MB.  That includes the 9 MB Bella video.  I guess the pics have all been resized.

I should probably delete that video soon. 🎅

However, i can't see the old images, just a reference.

Bottom line is I doubt I'll ever hit my storage limit

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Here we go with the pineapples again.

Pineapples all the way. Got my new attire for my Oasis cruise in two weeks. 😀🍍

Ive downloaded Chrome for my iPhone to try and use this in place of safari and not having the ap. So far it seems to be working a little faster, except still having to keep relogging in. 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

OK, so I have 694 attachments. 26.11 MB out of 488 MB.  That includes the 9 MB Bella video.  I guess the pics have all been resized.

I should probably delete that video soon. 🎅

However, i can't see the old images, just a reference.

Bottom line is I doubt I'll ever hit my storage limit

Surely they do not count DOG videos against your limit. 

Am I alone in feeling like this has turned into a weird fashion thread?

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Fine but the future is mobile. Not having a mobile app is a step back and if they don’t correct their mistake they are going to be left behind. I known a lot of people who don’t use a computer anymore. They do everything on their smartphone. I used to take my laptop on cruises. Have not for years. Don’t take it out of the house. My smartphone is with me everywhere. They touted the mobile experience being improved with the change. It may be a step forward for anyone who was using a web browser on their phone to read forums under the old format but not supporting the mobile apps is a huge step back. The Cruise Critic mobile experience is terrible with a web browser on a smartphone. 

Agree 100%. I use my phone or tablet 75% of the time and up until they created the app I didn't use CC on my phone at all with a web browser. I can almost guarantee that my CC time will be greatly decreased now that they don't have an app and I will be using the other chat forums a lot more. It's too bad - this is the best place to get cruise info but CC will be left behind by the younger generation. The new website seems great but IMO with no app this is a step back....waaaay back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

Is there a way to subscribe to specific forums like we used to be able to do with the UserCP? 

I have created custom activity streams for specific forums. Seems to work. May need to tweak some of my initial settings for the streams.

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

FYI, checked my account settings, and I have show signatures set, but I still don’t see signatures on Safari, iPhone X 😞

I see signatures on my computer, but not my phone or tablet. At least for now I am finding it difficult / awkward to use CC on phone or tablet. 

All of us are having to learn a new system. Rarely a pleasant experience. But I don't understand those who categorically dismiss the mobile version. Like it or not, this is the way of the future. More and more websites are moving to entirely browser based access as maintaining two code bases (app & desktop) is just too expensive.

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

All of us are having to learn a new system. Rarely a pleasant experience. But I don't understand those who categorically dismiss the mobile version. Like it or not, this is the way of the future. More and more websites are moving to entirely browser based access as maintaining two code bases (app & desktop) is just too expensive.

Name one besides CC

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

I will see today if the Custom Streams  I created this morning make the mobile experience better. It certainly has enhanced  using the new system on my computer. 

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

Try this...

1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your user name at the top of the page
  2. Click on Account Settings
  3. Click on Signature

There is a switch buried in that screen that says something like "Show others signature next to post".  This seems to control location but maybe it will make a difference.

Just to tack onto what Domino D said (bless their heart), once you enable the "Show others signature next to post", it'll give you the option to expand a persons signature.

But, once you collapse it, it's collapsed for good.  At least I think it is. I have not found a way to expand again with having to follow the above directions.

7 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

How are you posting your pictures, do you still need your photos on a shared site or has CC changed how you can add your photos. 

Gay

Straight onto the site.  Either from laptop or phone.  That's an improvement 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

How are you posting your pictures, do you still need your photos on a shared site or has CC changed how you can add your photos. 

Gay

One can upload directly into a post. There are limits.

At the bottom of an edit box (reply) you should see a paperclip and note. You can drag and drop files into that area or click "choose files" and browse folders to you pics.

To include pictures from a shared site click the Insert other media button.