This new forum is not working for me

It could be just me but when I click on a topic, I get a lot of computer words like "font" with a bunch of letters. I also can not see any pictures. It's not that I don't like new things but this is too confusing to read with all the computer mumbo-jumbo. Is this happening to anyone else?

9 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I am using google chrome. I have only visited this forum, the floataway and NCL and I don't see the html (computer words) coding.

Have you been on any threads that previously had images and videos linked? All you see is the code. Also old quoted posts are showing the html tags.

11 minutes ago, polly75 said:

I saw what OP saw. It was only in older posts (prior to this update) and it seemed to be posts where users changed their fonts and/or added images. I wonder if they'll be able to read that code in the future or not?

Same here.

I can see the forums fine here online...in Chrome.  But cannot get them to load in Tapatalk Pro.  Can anyone else see them in Tapatalk or any other mobile app?  Also cannot see any forums in the Cruise Critic Mobile app.  Big update so understand if there are bugs, etc.  Just wondering.  🙂

And it looks like the signatures are all HTML so I need to adjust my signature to eliminate the spaces in between prior cruises.  No biggie...Update...it seems the number of lines in a signature is now limited.  Like that change, limits the need to scroll...especially for those who have taken plenty of cruises.  😉

Edited by MickCruiser

18 minutes ago, Roz said:

Supersize my order.

We don't have supersize anymore...just large. I miss those supersize fries though. In high school sometimes I'd just get a supersize fry. Dump it on a plate. Cover it in ketchup...

Edited by Saint Greg

15 minutes ago, Roz said:

On another subject besides supersize fries, I just noticed we have a lot more emojis. 🎃

I'm from Pittsburgh; I love :classic_love: ketchup.

Roz

Cool! Anyone know what movie this is from? "Malcolm blowers are number 1!" 🖕

After a few hours navigating around the site, I overall don't mind the update. Did I like the old site better? Yes, but I can deal with this and I like that you can get instant notifications at the bottom of the screen for new replies and the handy "like/heart" button is nice. Also I can turn off all the unsightly signatures that I don't want to see which makes scrolling a breeze!

My only gripe, and it's a big one, is the bright white background which is too harsh behind the fonts. You need some contrast to alleviate eye strain. A grey background would do wonders here and I hope they add the choice to choose that in settings. 

Another gripe is that I can't unsubscribe by e mail to specific threads anymore. So I just unsubscribed to everything by e mail. 

• Like 2