ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Will do.

Which cruise are you on? I’m on the 11/1 repo which is the rumored date per that post... if anything changes I’ll report back.

Nobody else has mentioned anything about it so who knows? Could possibly just be someone in the call center who was misinformed as they still only have a few Medallion staterooms.

24 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Which cruise are you on? I’m on the 11/1 repo which is the rumored date per that post... if anything changes I’ll report back.

Nobody else has mentioned anything about it so who knows? Could possibly just be someone in the call center who was misinformed as they still only have a few Medallion staterooms.

On the same. I agree I can’t see them ending it when Medallion is only partially installed.

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have read that there are almost no wines by the glass at any bar currently on the Regal, Lynzchat can you verify that?  

I'd like to know as well.  I was worried about the switching to the new wine offerings and wondered how it would affect the current wine inventory.  It makes sense that they're trying to phase out the old ones but to not have any available makes no sense.   A recent post of bar menus from the CB shows both wine by the glass lists (the old & the new) so its confusing.  We board in 3 weeks so hopefully they'll get the new wines on board and begin switching them out.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, EastBay Cruisers said:

Shows and entertainment last week on the Regal were:

A.J. Clarke on the piano in Crooners  -- very talented and fun to listen to

Scott Wyler - Comedian

Bands in the Piazza were:  Excite and Orphea -- great for dancing

They had a rock n' roll dance party in the Piazza where they played oldies from the 50's and 60's - lots of passengers up on the floor doing old dances like The Twist, etc.

Production Shows:

Born to Dance

Fiero

Bravo

Sweet Soul Music

Hope this is helpful -- Enjoy your cruise on the Regal -- she's beautiful. 😍 EBC

On 10/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, EastBay Cruisers said:

Can you share the Production show times please?

I'm not usually one to bump a thread, but there are some unanswered questions re: availability of wines by the glass & production show times.  I'm going to be on the Regal in a couple of weeks so I was curious about the wine offerings - it may affect whether I get the PBP.  If the wines by the glass are in limited supply (trying to phase out the old wine list), it wouldn't be worth it for sure. Anyone on board who could help with these questions? 

Greatly appreciate all the info!  Counting the days! :classic_biggrin:

On 10/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have read that there are almost no wines by the glass at any bar currently on the Regal, Lynzchat can you verify that?  

Wine by the glass is still available anywhere.  We had it at Vines, the Seafood bar, Crooners and in the dining room.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, luvseaside said:

I'm not usually one to bump a thread, but there are some unanswered questions re: availability of wines by the glass & production show times.  I'm going to be on the Regal in a couple of weeks so I was curious about the wine offerings - it may affect whether I get the PBP.  If the wines by the glass are in limited supply (trying to phase out the old wine list), it wouldn't be worth it for sure. Anyone on board who could help with these questions? 

Greatly appreciate all the info!  Counting the days! :classic_biggrin:

Not all wine but there’s a good selection by the glass.

11 minutes ago, Lynzchat said:

Wine by the glass is still available anywhere.  We had it at Vines, the Seafood bar, Crooners and in the dining room.

thank you so much for taking the time to come back and answer.  

We sail on 12/23. I'm excited to be back on the Regal! I just switched our dining time to 7:15...initially it was 6:00, but when they changed the dining times they moved us to 5.  That's too early for us.  When do the new dining times of 4:45, 5:00, and &:15 begin? It would be nice if they would also change the show times so we could go see a show before dinner, but I'm not holding my breath. 

This may seem like a strange question, but how are the salad dressings on the buffet? I have never had a salad on a Princess cruise (believe it or not), but I'm going to try to eat healthier this time.  TRY is the word I am using.  😂

5 minutes ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

We sail on 12/23. I'm excited to be back on the Regal! I just switched our dining time to 7:15...initially it was 6:00, but when they changed the dining times they moved us to 5.  That's too early for us.  When do the new dining times of 4:45, 5:00, and &:15 begin? It would be nice if they would also change the show times so we could go see a show before dinner, but I'm not holding my breath. 

This may seem like a strange question, but how are the salad dressings on the buffet? I have never had a salad on a Princess cruise (believe it or not), but I'm going to try to eat healthier this time.  TRY is the word I am using.  😂

The salad dressings are nothing special and we assume they are a lower cost commercially manufactured dressing.  But they do have a decent selection.

Hank

On 10/28/2018 at 11:37 PM, Hlitner said:

The salad dressings are nothing special and we assume they are a lower cost commercially manufactured dressing.  But they do have a decent selection.

Hank

Their balsamic dressing is real good

Just BUMPing this up, as Caribbean Cruisers will be boarding soon.

I am now hearing if changes, not just with Ocean Medallion,  Dining and Show times, Wine. offerings, etc.

But have just read a mention of the new menu offerings.

I hope that upcoming cruisers can post some detailed info!!!

I know I wouldn't want to take the time and effort to do a 'LIVE',  but maybe note some of the details and post once back hone.

Edited by Wishing on a star

20 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just BUMPing this up, as Caribbean Cruisers will be boarding soon.

I am now hearing if changes, not just with Ocean Medallion,  Dining and Show times, Wine. offerings, etc.

But have just read a mention of the new menu offerings.

I hope that upcoming cruisers can post some detailed info!!!

I know I wouldn't want to take the time and effort to do a 'LIVE',  but maybe note some of the details and post once back hone.

Last night was a formal night and they added an insert to the menu offering some Crown Grill enteees for a $19 add on.  They also offered steak and lobster tail for $29 add on.  We did not see anyone ordering that stuff and heard many unhappy to see add ons in the MDR.

the wine list has mostly the same ole wines at higher prices and they have completely eliminated the wine packages. Wines we got 3 weeks ago via the Gold Package now cost about $15 more!

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Last night was a formal night and they added an insert to the menu offering some Crown Grill enteees for a $19 add on.  They also offered steak and lobster tail for $29 add on.  We did not see anyone ordering that stuff and heard many unhappy to see add ons in the MDR.

the wine list has mostly the same ole wines at higher prices and they have completely eliminated the wine packages. Wines we got 3 weeks ago via the Gold Package now cost about $15 more!

Hank

Did they change the formal night lobster and shrimps to new menu lobster and green risotto?