Seattle Hotel Recommendation

TexasCruiser84

Sailing on the Joy out of Seattle next May and am looking for recommendations for a pre-cruise hotel.  First time in Seattle.  Ideally, we'd like something: 

1 - Within walking or a short Uber distance to some of the popular sights like Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc.  

2 - Offers airport and/or cruise port shuttle services. 

3 - Will hold our bags in the (likely) event we arrive in Seattle  before we can check into our room, so we can explore. 

We don't have a brand preference. If your recommendation doesn't have 1 &2 , feel free to leave it anyways and let us know why you liked the hotel!  We are flexible.  Thanks!

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard/Union Lake last May.  We chose it mainly because of the price -- it was quite a bit cheaper than other hotels.  It overlooks Union Lake and there are some interesting boat exhibits there.

I think it was $10 per person for car service to the pier.

The morning of our departure we walked pretty easily to the Space Needle area and explored and walked back to the hotel.

When they took us to the pier, we dropped off our luggage and walked to the Pike Street area.  Our departure was delayed because the ship arrived late (not sure why).

We arrived after check-in time but I'm pretty sure they would have stored our luggage.

I was there a few weeks ago for the last Alaska cruise of the season. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront, which is right across the street from the dock. The rooms are standard Marriott quality, and reasonably priced. The in-house restaurant was good.  We arrived before check in time and were able to leave our bags there when we went out exploring. 

It is an easy one mile walk to the Space Needle and Chihuly Museum. Pike Place Market is even closer. 

There is no airport shuttle that I know of, but the cab fare was only around $40. At the end of the trip, NCL was offering an airport transfer by bus for $20 per person. Departure was not at all chaotic. We were able to walk off the ship, through customs, and to the taxi or bus line in about 15 minutes.

The only closer hotel is the Edgewater. It is on the same side of the street as the check-in building, and the luggage drop-off point is on the side of the building closest to the hotel.  Can’t get any closer than that!

In the attached map screenshot, the hotels are in the red circles, and the luggage drop off point is indicated by the red arrow

BD4D24C2-ABBD-45D0-8908-F11002D4469E.jpeg

• Like 1

We stayed at Hyatt House Seattle/Downtown a few weeks ago. I have mobility issues and use a walker and we were travelling with my 88 year old mother. Even with that, we were in easy walking distance of the Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens. The hotel has a free shuttle service (not to/from airport) if you book it in advance. It was booked up the day we wanted to go to Pike Place Market so the hotel paid for our cab fare! The included hot breakfast alone is worth the stay. The omelettes are really good! We also used the hotel shuttle to get to the cruise terminal. Wonderful, friendly staff and great location.

• Like 1

I usually stay at the Best Western Executive on North Taylor.  A couple of blocks from the Seattle Center, Space Needle and the Monorail.  The last time I stayed there, they had a shuttle from the airport.  Full service restaurant too. 

16 hours ago, we b cruzin said:

I would suggest The Edgewater Hotel https://www.edgewaterhotel.com/. We have stayed there and it is very nice and right on the waterfront. It is within walking distance of Pike Place Market and downtown. It does not have shuttle service to/from the airport, I don't think many downtown area Seattle hotels do.

Ditto! Great hotel! Literally roll your bags a block down the sidewalk on the day of your cruise. Airport shuttle is not needed. Cab, Uber almost the same price. In September of 2016 we took a town car from the airport to the hotel for $30. It was the same price as a ride in a Prius Lol

Cruise port to airport was another $30.00

Edited by Laszlo

We stayed at Hyatt House, right across street from Space Needle. Has a small kitchen, microwave, sink, breakfast bar in room. Very nice room. I recommend you also go to Chihuly Glass garden right next to space needle, its beautiful. Also Music experience is right there too. Think they renamed it to MoPop. They had shuttle that took us to pier. 

Edited by drumming cruisers
addition
  • Like 1

We have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront.  Can't be the convenience for the ship and you can walk to Pike's Market, Space Needle, etc.  Does not have a shuttle from airport, but in Seattle they have really stepped up their game....you can have your luggage sent straight to your airlines (check restrictions on flight times), which allows you to roam around if you have a later flight.  They also will check your bags at the pier (I think about $3/bag) so you can drop them early and walk around Seattle, or drop them as you get off the ship and walk around Seattle.  Quite nice and really brilliant marketing strategy!