Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
GUT2407

Well they’ve done it again

Recommended Posts

I understand the need to upgrade.

But this doesn’t seem in any way an improvement.

of course some instructions on what has changed and how to use it all may have helped.

Once again the new background is way harsh on the eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I gave you a like.

that will revolutionise the forum 😜

Should make all the difference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ask myself. Why was there a need to change. It all seemed pretty good to me previously. I just hope it is not some marketing guru on the prowl again. I have never had any time for marketing gurus. It just seems to be change for the sake of change.

Edited by joybook
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ability to post photos without using a photo-hosting site is an improvement, and there are more emojis. But the rest will take a while to get used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found another thing I like. If you hover over the thread title you get a pop-up showing a few lines of the first post, more than you saw in the old forum, PLUS there is a tab you can click to see a few lines of the latest post. That could be very handy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Just found another thing I like. If you hover over the thread title you get a pop-up showing a few lines of the first post, more than you saw in the old forum, PLUS there is a tab you can click to see a few lines of the latest post. That could be very handy!

No pop up for me I could not hover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What device are you using, Les? 

I'm using a laptop. That option doesn't seem to be available from my phone browser though, which kind of makes sense as there is no curser on that,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I understand the need to upgrade.

But this doesn’t seem in any way an improvement.

of course some instructions on what has changed and how to use it all may have helped.

Once again the new background is way harsh on the eyes.

Treat yourself to a iPad or similar  it’s plain old black on white.I dislike coloured backgrounds in the newspaper not good for my aged eyes.

cheers Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

Treat yourself to a iPad or similar  it’s plain old black on white.I dislike coloured backgrounds in the newspaper not good for my aged eyes.

cheers Carole

Is is an iPad, it is the stark amount of white that does me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Is is an iPad, it is the stark amount of white that does me in.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Mr GUT. I have eye 'issues' and find the starkness blinding, despite using f.lux on both my phone and computer to make the screen less blue and keeping the screen dim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear that’s a shame,I thought you were referring to a coloured background,all you can do is adjust your backlight which I’m sure you have done

cheers Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Is is an iPad, it is the stark amount of white that does me in.

Ditto. It's just too bright!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like having more room to see the post I'm writing, but agree it's startlingly white. Makes it hard on these old eyes. And the emojis are small and strange. The first in the list is an angry face?

edit: I keep having to sign back in after I've returned to search the boards? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by sailco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Just found another thing I like. If you hover over the thread title you get a pop-up showing a few lines of the first post, more than you saw in the old forum, PLUS there is a tab you can click to see a few lines of the latest post. That could be very handy!

Though it takes longer to appear. The old page it seemed it was all loaded together. Whereas now it only loads on rollover. More efficient - but slower on an individual basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sailco said:

edit: I keep having to sign back in after I've returned to search the boards? Am I doing something wrong?

 

No, it's logged me out a few times. It's annoying.

Also I can't login at all on my Android phone, I touch the login link and nothing happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

 

No, it's logged me out a few times. It's annoying.

Also I can't login at all on my Android phone, I touch the login link and nothing happens.

Thanks for the 🛎 how do I turn that off I wonder?

Edited by sailco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sailco said:

Thanks for the 🛎 how do I turn that off I wonder?

I checked all the settings and couldn't find anything. However this time I've stayed logged in for over an hour even when I wasn't accessing the site during that time, so maybe they're still adjusting things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other thing I've  noticed is the short period of time you have to edit a post now. I'll have to take more care with my spelling and punctuation first time round, in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I checked all the settings and couldn't find anything. However this time I've stayed logged in for over an hour even when I wasn't accessing the site during that time, so maybe they're still adjusting things.

Found it. You can disable the bell in Profile, Manage notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sailco said:

Found it. You can disable the bell in Profile, Manage notifications.

I finally found it too. I didn't realise there were a whole lot of other settings further down the page. I've turned them all off for the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I hadnt realised there more more settings down the page either, turned them all off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multi-quote didn't work for me either. 

And while I was here I thought I would try to load a photo. Let's see :classic_smile: OK, it worked - never been able to do that before!!

P4023459.JPG

Edited by mr walker
add update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...