Price increase or gratuity added for speciality dining package??

MSUcruisers

The price to purchase a 3-meal speciality dining package on NCL's website under "Gifts & More"  is listed as $82.80 a person.    This is 20% more than the $69 that is mentioned elsewhere on NCL's website. Are gratuities now being charged up front or is there a price increase?  

16 hours ago, zqvol said:

The $82.80 is inclusive of the service charge. The service charge (it is not a gratuity) has always been charged when you purchase the package.

While not specifically called a gratuity, it is meant to cover the tip you would normally leave your waiter at a restaurant.

46 minutes ago, Gampy1967 said:

While not specifically called a gratuity, it is meant to cover the tip you would normally leave your waiter at a restaurant.

NCL uses the terms "gratuity" and "service charge" as meaning the same. That's one of the reasons why people on the forum argue so much about what "it" is and where "it" goes. The same is true for the DSC.

It is currently called a " 20% gratuity and specialty service charge " on the SDP.

I've seen NCL call it a gratuity.

I've seen NCL call it a service charge.

I don't care what NCL calls it nor do I care where it goes.

25 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

NCL uses the terms "gratuity" and "service charge" as meaning the same. That's one of the reasons why people on the forum argue so much about what "it" is and where "it" goes. The same is true for the DSC.

It is currently called a " 20% gratuity and specialty service charge " on the SDP.

I've seen NCL call it a gratuity.

I've seen NCL call it a service charge.

I don't care what NCL calls it nor do I care where it goes.

I agree with you.  My comment was directed at zqvol who specifically stated it was not a gratuity.  I did not want the OP to feel as if an additional tip was expected at the specialty dining restaurant.  It has been paid already as part of the service charge/gratuity/etc.