Diamond Happy Hour - Is sharing OK?

Brandis

20 hours ago, Havingfun2010 said:

Remember, in the not too distant past, where you could get a beverage package, and were on the honor system not to share?  I remember those fine days, but than, it was posted on Cruise Critic, things like this post, and the widespread sharing.  Now it was removed.  Look, the things you get for free, for being Diamond and above, are for your enjoyment, not your friends.  That is why, no guest are allowed in the Diamond Lounge.  The free drinks are for you.  So lets encourage sharing once again, and see the 3 drinks go away, and everyone, will than need to be jammed into the lounge instead.

It's limited. No matter if you drink them or share them..  there are only 3. If it ever goes away, it will not be because people used the 3 drinks. 🙄

20 hours ago, Havingfun2010 said:

Remember, in the not too distant past, where you could get a beverage package, and were on the honor system not to share?  I remember those fine days, but than, it was posted on Cruise Critic, things like this post, and the widespread sharing.  Now it was removed.  Look, the things you get for free, for being Diamond and above, are for your enjoyment, not your friends.  That is why, no guest are allowed in the Diamond Lounge.  The free drinks are for you.  So lets encourage sharing once again, and see the 3 drinks go away, and everyone, will than need to be jammed into the lounge instead.

You are exactly right.  It's one thing to ask for clarification.  It's another to say "yeah you can't do it but everyone does anyway so go ahead."  So... the rule certainly isn't clear.  BUT, it specifically says that the Diamond Lounge is for Diamond only.  No guests and no sharing drinks.  The 3 drink coupon was instituted to "un-crowd" the Diamond lounges.  So it's really just an "extension" of the lounge, even has it's own menu that mirrors the drinks available in the lounge.  So one can expect that the same rules apply.  But here's my point...if we want to keep this perk, and I certainly do, then do what your conscience tells you to do but PLEASE stop telling the world that you just don't care about the rules and not only are YOU going to violate them but encourage EVERYONE ELSE to violate them too!  Y'all saw what happened to the Drink Packages!  I want to keep my Diamond benefits.  So come on folks... the OP asked if it was allowed.  The answer is no one really knows exactly, but many think no.  So the OP can ask on board, or not.  Share at his or her discretion, or not.  But please don't get my 3 free drinks per night taken away!  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, twangster said:

_DSC6055.thumb.JPG.6cf2a40fb5d5963ebe8e65d131dacdc6.JPG

_DSC6055-2.thumb.jpg.a5c52090f1f318a18decdc161dc48817.jpg

Ambiguous.  Simple solution - ask a bartender before ordering.  If they say yes, okay.  If they say no, then there is your answer.

English is my first language, and I like to say, I'm pretty good at it.  When something says, that the drink coupons are on your card so that "you" can enjoy flexibility, is not ambiguous.  The word "you" means exactly that.  It is for you.  It does not say, for you and your friends.  It just says you. 

As I previously stated, if you share, and RCCL finds out that sharing is common practice, the "flexibility" will be removed, and we will be stuck again, to all jamming into the lounge.  I want the "flexibility" to remain, so I encourage everyone to read what it says, that the vouchers are for you to enjoy, and leave it at that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Havingfun2010 said:

English is my first language, and I like to say, I'm pretty good at it.  When something says, that the drink coupons are on your card so that "you" can enjoy flexibility, is not ambiguous.  The word "you" means exactly that.  It is for you.  It does not say, for you and your friends.  It just says you.  ...

What if you enjoy giving drinks to your friends?:classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What if you enjoy giving drinks to your friends?:classic_wink:

I agree.  After all, if you don't use your 3 free drinks that you "earned" as a member you aren't getting OBC/FCC at the end of the cruise.  Use them how you wish.  If I remember or are within the time limitations we get cans of pop with ours.  They are great for beach days.

To the person who said it was printed on the back of the page, stating that they are not to share, it makes me think it was added after the fact on the ship.  Especially when other ships do not state it.  Just a thought, but perhaps the F&B Manager is trying to make his bottom line better to corporate.

FINE you want to enforce no sharing rule OK not to change the subject BUT I would like to see royal enforce all the rules than !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Which we all know will never happen as I've seen over my 9 year's of cruising my god use them as you see fit if it makes you happy.

As a diamond + member I go by the rules but this is surely not breaking one it's not like royal has good champagne anyway.

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

To the person who said it was printed on the back of the page, stating that they are not to share, it makes me think it was added after the fact on the ship.  Especially when other ships do not state it.  

Seems to me the in cabin memo can be edited by the LA as they see fit, within general guidelines.

• Thanks 1

It doesn't say that the free drinks/beers have to be opened at time of delivery, but they started enforcing that after it was abused and bragged about on these boards.

There are other hacks that we just don't talk about publicly. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

It's limited. No matter if you drink them or share them..  there are only 3. If it ever goes away, it will not be because people used the 3 drinks. 🙄

I was thinking the same thing. It's only 3 drinks.

It's not like someone is mooching off some else's drink package or sneaking into the Diamond lounge for unlimited happy hour drinks.

1 hour ago, Havingfun2010 said:

Than don't brag about it, post it on Cruise Critic, post it on Facebook, where RCCL can see it.  Just keep it quite, shhhhh, no more talking about it.

IDK. It's kind of like the "priority seating" in theaters that are reserved for Diamonds.  It's opened to the general public 15 minutes before show time if there are empty seats and the staff realize the D+ member are not going to use this benefit.

Or am I stretching a bit to make a point...

Just playing devil’s advocate and musing out loud. 

They are “yours” to do with as you wish, they say  

“It’s not hurting anyone”, they say  

BUT.......

Wouldn’t that person have purchased his/her own drink if you hadn’t used your voucher to give him/her one?

It sounds a little different to me then  

4 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

So, all rules are equal? I guess this also applies to anyone who thinks it’s okay to go one mile over the speed limit?

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

IDK. It's kind of like the "priority seating" in theaters that are reserved for Diamonds.  It's opened to the general public 15 minutes before show time if there are empty seats and the staff realize the D+ member are not going to use this benefit.

Or am I stretching a bit to make a point...

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just playing devil’s advocate and musing out loud. 

They are “yours” to do with as you wish, they say  

“It’s not hurting anyone”, they say  

BUT.......

Wouldn’t that person have purchased his/her own drink if you hadn’t used your voucher to give him/her one?

It sounds a little different to me then  

Good point.

And since we are musing out loud, it’s possible that after Host Bob buys us a round of drinks, using up his 3 free drinks – that you or I may want to order another round. Or we’ll stay beyond happy hour to continue to drink.   So that free round could lead to increase purchases.

Maybe that is why Royal tends to be flexible (or ambiguous) with this rule??

Full disclosure: I'm Emerald (for 2 more cruises) and we don't travel with others so this scenario does not apply to me.  Just playing devils advocate.

If you don't agree with the rules or laws, the normal person still abides by them but tries to take action to change them, not ignore them. The one mile over the speed limit comment is just stupid, radar guns and speedometers aren't always exact at higher speeds. It is a published fact that the radar cameras that used to be set up in our area had a nine mph leeway set in before a ticket was mailed. If you want to go one mile over the speed limit , I wouldn't try it in a school zone, while school is in session, in Arizona. They say it's 0 tolerance and they mean it. My neighbor got a ticket and it held up.  As far as the priority seating, it is stated up front that the unused seats will be opened up fifteen minutes before the show. 

46 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm your friend, especially if you have extra drink coupons!

I usually have a free JR shake coupon. Is that shareable? 

Of course, I would never share the JR shake with someone that's on their first cruise, as it's not loaded to their Seapass card😉

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I usually have a free JR shake coupon. Is that shareable

Of course, I would never share the JR shake with someone that's on their first cruise, as it's not loaded to their Seapass card😉

Isn't that the BOGO?

Pretty sure that's a different scenario.

Nice stretch, though. :classic_biggrin:

On 10/16/2018 at 6:48 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Of course it is not allowed, that is why they are loaded onto your card and not your friends card. Why would you stop at getting  them drinks from the Lounge.  I am sure however that it is a very common practice, one that I would probably do my self if I had friends onboard. happy cruising

So if I get cookies in my stateroom I can’t share them with my mom because those are made just for me ?

Give me a break 

On 10/17/2018 at 11:10 AM, Havingfun2010 said:

And you honestly believe people are not sharing their drink package ? Lol

just seat near a bar and watch