Remove boards.cruisecritic.com from Tapatalk default apps

The web address needs to be removed for the repository of sites that open by default in tapatalk.

I have Tapatalk set to open boards by default and needed to change it back to always ask to be ble to get to the boards on android even after I removed cruise critic from my groups and profile in tapatalk, the boards link from the main page wants to open in tapatalk if the settings aren't "always ask"

Thanks

A-

Screenshot_20181016-174851_Settings.jpg

Edited by AlanF65
Show change for others

I have no idea what you are saying and I use Tapatalk all the time. I can't login to Cruise Critic on Tapatalk, however, it says Network error, please try again later. Admins, please, please, please get Cruise Critic working on Tapatalk again!!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mistizoom said:

I have no idea what you are saying and I use Tapatalk all the time. I can't login to Cruise Critic on Tapatalk, however, it says Network error, please try again later. Admins, please, please, please get Cruise Critic working on Tapatalk again!!!!

Tapatalk support was removed with the update.

1 hour ago, Mistizoom said:

You need to remove cruise critic from tapatalk and if on Android change settings to always ask so you log in from the browser

I emailed Tapatalk support and they said they sent the CC forum admin a notification about the plug-in issue, and what needs to be done to correct it. They said we should report the same to the CC forum admin as requests from members often get looked into more quickly. LauraS, can you confirm you are working on getting the Tapatalk plug-in reactivated?

Edited by Mistizoom

1 minute ago, Mistizoom said:

It got "broken" but it can be easily fixed by the CC forum admins.

It was intentionally removed. It could be fixed if they wanted to fix it but so from what they've said, they have no intentions to. I personally hope it returns.

I removed Tapatak from my phone today.  No loss.  They have recently started charging me for the use of it (0.99/month.  It won't break me, but it is the principle).  I logged onto the CC website directly with no problem and it is completely mobile friendly.  I was even able to add a shortcut to my home page, so I am good.  

The day the new website was released I couldn't get it on my phone, but no problem today.  They did announce from the beginning that it would not be available as an app since the new version would be mobile friendly, so the loss of Tapatalk should not be a surprise to anyone.

15 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I removed Tapatak from my phone today.  No loss.  They have recently started charging me for the use of it (0.99/month.  It won't break me, but it is the principle).

They only charge you if you upgrade to the VIP option, which removes ads. Standard with ads is still free.

Please bring Tapatalk support back. I like to have all my boards in one place!

• Like 3

On 10/18/2018 at 12:48 AM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I removed Tapatak from my phone today.  No loss.  They have recently started charging me for the use of it (0.99/month.  It won't break me, but it is the principle).  I logged onto the CC website directly with no problem and it is completely mobile friendly.  I was even able to add a shortcut to my home page, so I am good.  

The day the new website was released I couldn't get it on my phone, but no problem today.  They did announce from the beginning that it would not be available as an app since the new version would be mobile friendly, so the loss of Tapatalk should not be a surprise to anyone.

Tapatalk Pro or VIP costs money but you can use the free version without paying anything, you just see ads. You may have inadvertently hit a button to subscribe to the ad-free version, they do ask about it quite a bit. You should  email Tapatalk to unsubscribe as just deleting the app likely won't do that. 

Originally, the CC announced the CC app would no longer be available, nothing was mentioned of Tapatalk itself until today, I believe. I had no idea the CC app was actually a branded skin of Tapatalk as I never used it. I am posting this at lunch from my work computer, not using CC as much as I won't check it at home since the new site is not mobile-friendly (as they claim) and Tapatalk still isn't working. Mobile-friendly means a lot more than just resizing windows to fit on the mobile screen. They haven't done much more than that.

Edited by Mistizoom

23 minutes ago, Mistizoom said:

Originally, the CC announced the CC app would no longer be available, nothing was mentioned of Tapatalk itself until today, I believe. I had no idea the CC app was actually a branded skin of Tapatalk as I never used it. I am posting this at lunch from my work computer, not using CC as much as I won't check it at home since the new site is not mobile-friendly (as they claim) and Tapatalk still isn't working. Mobile-friendly means a lot more than just resizing windows to fit on the mobile screen. They haven't done much more than that.

At least in the update FAQ this morning it says they don’t work at this time, that leaves open the possibility that the two apps may work again at a future time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 1:48 AM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Sigh.   I did not know that the CC app was a re-skin of Tapatalk.  I liked the look & feel of it better than the native Tapatalk.   I wish CC would build their own version for tablets.