Are countdown clocks still available?

Good - one other thing - if you go back into your signature edit  you should be able to

click at the top of the 3 pictures and they will move down - scroll up to the top

and carefully press delete and you will move the pictures back up.

Basically there should be just one line at the top and you have 2? so it  doesnt

show correctly when posted.   Pity they have one line it would be better if the had none.

6 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not sure I follow, but is this better?

I think so. You have the actual countdown timer for the first cruise showing now without expanding the signature. I don't remember what it was before, but that has been a problem that I have seen here on the boards.

As an aside, I notice that the amount of signature showing seems to vary in different forums (fora?). Sometimes mine is only up to the picture and countdown timer, and sometimes it shows the rows of text that I have at the bottom for previous cruises.

not sure how everyone else is doing it now, but I deleted all my old cruise clocks, left the last one that we are about to take and its kinda working but it got edited somehow and lost some witty repartee in the exchange 

and I cut and pasted my history out of my signature over to WORD and keep it there now as a file which I can preserve and edit as needed

so, I go into word and edit it after each cruise and select the text after saving and just paste it over now in stead of editing it in the signature thingy 

I don't know IF I can figue out how to do all the neato stuff I used to do where I had two wide clocks, stacked etc. 

but I do know if I could create an image of them I can paste the image over but the clock I suppose wouldn't work? 

but maybe a gif would?      

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Not sure I follow, but is this better?

Yes - I think that is as good as it gets 🙂  

On thing I have noticed recently is that the 12 line Max seems to be relaxed havent tried to see how many lines I can get. Maybe next time I have to change it  will look.

@cruise_mojo   you need to delete a line at the top if you want to see the actual numbers without expanding.

Edited by Aulanis

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

On thing I have noticed recently is that the 12 line Max seems to be relaxed havent tried to see how many lines I can get. Maybe next time I have to change it  will look.

I think the 10 (not 12) line maximum is gone. They played around with a lot of things; originally it was only one picture, and it wasn't big enough for a countdown clock; now you are allowed 3 pictures of a larger size.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, AlanF65 said:

CC countdown clock is here, it will give you tag line for your signature

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Never mind, didn't thoroughly read your message

A

Thanks AlanF65! As you can see from my signature, your link works. I've missed my clocks since Cruise Critic went to the new formatting and didn't have them the last few cruises. Glad it's working and thanks for the link.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:54 AM, Minya said:

After a lot of experimentation(over an hour)  Ive succeeded. I did not have to edit any previous info I ahd done that previously to shorten the amount of info . I did have to delete  all previous countdown clocks current or sailed and then go to link https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

create my clock , copy it and then go straight to my account settings/ signature and paste it in and save. I was able to create three clocks and have them in the order of sailing. paste above or below your first clock as desired. This is the link that works.clocks do update if your refresh them you will see a lower time to sail. its just not a moving total as it used to be.I hope this helps people.

Thanks so much for this info.  I just did this & it worked !  So easy & will just keep checking to see that it's counting down.  YEA !!

6 hours ago, IrishLassie said:

Thanks so much for this info.  I just did this & it worked !  So easy & will just keep checking to see that it's counting down.  YEA !!

That's excellent well done! Glad I was able to help!! 🙂

16 hours ago, Minya said:

That's excellent well done! Glad I was able to help!! 🙂

Also, somehow it knew we were going to the Panama Canal & put the picture in.  I had chosen another picture, but it didn't show!  Was pleasantly surprised!

10 hours ago, IrishLassie said:

Also, somehow it knew we were going to the Panama Canal & put the picture in.  I had chosen another picture, but it didn't show!  Was pleasantly surprised!

I think you  more then likely put the radio button on the Panama Canal picture in the first place  without realizing it, I've done that before accidentally. In this case it worked out well for you!!