Scooter use on Carnival Glory & Breeze

mlbcruiser

Would love to hear the experience of anyone who has used a scooter on Carnival’s Glory or Breeze ships. In particular the ease of moving about in the hallways & public areas. My dh’s only scooter experience at sea was on a larger, newer ship. Of course we will check cabin doorway sizes but it’s not so easy to check the public corridors and thoroughfares of a ship ahead of time. 

Thanks for any replies.

passageways are  typically crowded with  room service trays, the housekeeping equipment and other  mobility aids on both sides of the corridor.  .  you may or may not have  unfettered access  from point A to point B at all times.  

the main public areas will be less of an issue

We sailed on the Dream and it is comparable to the ships you asked about.  If you look on Carnival's website, it will show you all of the accessible routes on any ship.  I will say that it was very easy to navigate and there were no major obstructions.

• Like 1

I cruised on the Glory last year with two dear friends who used scooters. Neither hard any problem. Honestly, the people walking might have had a problem with one of my friends as he was a speed freak.

If you view any deck plans for your ship, you will note that accessible cabins are NOT along hallways, but at junction points like elevators. Most scooters are unable to make a very sharp turn to line up straight to get through a cabin opening.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:57 PM, jlp20 said:

If you view any deck plans for your ship, you will note that accessible cabins are NOT along hallways, but at junction points like elevators. 

Not necessarily true.  Carnival (whom the OP is cruising with) have several fully accessible and modified accessible cabins that are in regular (albeit wider) hallways and the fore and aft of the ship.  It seems from other posts that you have made, that you are most familiar with Princess, where that may be the case.

13 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Not necessarily true.  Carnival (whom the OP is cruising with) have several fully accessible and modified accessible cabins that are in regular (albeit wider) hallways and the fore and aft of the ship.  It seems from other posts that you have made, that you are most familiar with Princess, where that may be the case.

Information only, years ago we booked "accessible" cabin on the Sapphire  Princess. Location was last port side cabin. VERY awkward to get to, about 200 feet and if any steward carts impossible to get by. While the ship  called it accessible, the ADA pulled it's accreditation from that particular cabin due to hallway and need to do 3 point turn to make through the door. 

Edited by jlp20
correction

On 10/17/2018 at 12:08 AM, mlbcruiser said:

Would love to hear the experience of anyone who has used a scooter on Car

On 10/17/2018 at 12:08 AM, mlbcruiser said:

Would love to hear the experience of anyone who has used a scooter on Carnival’s Glory or Breeze ships. In particular the ease of moving about in the hallways & public areas. My dh’s only scooter experience at sea was on a larger, newer ship. Of course we will check cabin doorway sizes but it’s not so easy to check the public corridors and thoroughfares of a ship ahead of time. 

Thanks for any replies.

nival’s Glory or Breeze ships. In particular the ease of moving about in the hallways & public areas. My dh’s only scooter experience at sea was on a larger, newer ship. Of course we will check cabin doorway sizes but it’s not so easy to check the public corridors and thoroughfares of a ship ahead of time. 

Thanks for any replies.

Just got off of the Breeze. Really very frustrating to catch an elevator when you're on a scooter like I was. Just make sure you stop at customer service and insist that a dedicated elevator be readily available. Way too many walking passengers rush the elevators, I wanted to cry as I was stuck on one deck for about a half hour until my husband flagged down a worker. Some ports are difficult to access, also. Be careful when rolling down the halls as there are elevated joints between sections which can throw you off.