Viking Cruises Into the Midnight Sun Itinerary 2019/2020

Chrissy7

Hello!  Can anyone who has cruised with Viking before on the Into the Midnight Sun cruise vouch for what they received value wise in seeing Norway?  Many other small to mid size cruise ships of the same size as Viking (and for the same cost) spend more time scenic cruising the fjords and stopping at ports, and in comparison Viking's itinerary (Into the Midnight Sun) is very sparse, and unfortunately has just become a whole lot more sparse for 2019 and 2020.  We have just found out that one port has been removed and also the inside passage scenic cruising has been removed (invoice itinerary and website itinerary are completely different at this stage, it is very misleading).  I would appreciate honest comments as I am starting to doubt their ethos about the itinerary being the focus, not the ship.  Maybe all the fjords are the same, once you have seen one you've seen them all.  But having said that, with what we pay we want a cruise that gives us the once in a lifetime visit to Norway.  

You could  ask on the Viking forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/689-viking-ocean/

We  have done 3  Norway cruise & had longer hours in some ports

We did an Oceania  cruise in July  went  Flam & Geiranger   the Fjord viewing is what it is all about

One yr we went to the North Cape ...in Norway it is more about the scenery

I would  check other lines  & see what ones spend more time in the ports

Enjoy

As the previous response indicated, come on over to the Viking Ocean boards where you will find lots of feedback on various Norway cruises. I recall one recent and very detailed post that contained a link to some excellent photos.

You could also check out some of this year's roll calls for Norway voyages for feedback on time in port, tours, etc.