Ordering wine/spirits for our suite

blondietoo

Hello everyone,

our first Regent cruise is coming up in January. Can someone tell me where on the website I can pre-order beverages for our suite? I have looked under My Account and do not see anywhere I can do it. If I can do it myself I would like to and then if not will contact Regent.

TIA

Blondietoo

If you are in a Penthouse Suite or above you will find a "Butler Request Form" on your "My Account" page for the booked cruise. On this you can pre-order your drink preferences (and bedding preferences etc).

If you are in a Concierge or below then contact the Regent office or more simply just tell your Steward/Stewardess your requirements when you board.

Enjoy your cruise 😎

To add to what flossie has said:   If you think that a particular sort of beverage that you like might not be "standard," it's good idea to give Regent a call and request it beforehand.   E.g. there are a couple of non-alcoholic beers that my husband has a preference for.    Regent was not able to order all 3, but they did, at least, get two of them.

I hope you have as lovely a time on Regent as we always have.   And we sure do love your city. 

1 hour ago, blondietoo said:

Hello everyone,

our first Regent cruise is coming up in January. Can someone tell me where on the website I can pre-order beverages for our suite? I have looked under My Account and do not see anywhere I can do it. If I can do it myself I would like to and then if not will contact Regent.

TIA

Blondietoo

If you are in a PH suite or above, you an pre-order wine/spirits online (under My Account on the rssc.com website - the same area where you book dining and excursion reservations.)  Otherwise, you can order it once you get onboard from your stewardess/steward (it doesn't take long to get and there is champagne in the suite to drink right away).  

Edited by Travelcat2

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

If you are in a PH suite or above, you an pre-order wine/spirits online (under My Account on the rssc.com website - the same area where you book dining and excursion reservations.)  Otherwise, you can order it once you get onboard from your stewardess/steward (it doesn't take long to get and there is champagne in the suite to drink right away).  

Thank you for the prompt reply TC2

54 minutes ago, blondietoo said:

Thank you for the prompt reply TC2

Just another comment...we have preordered what we would like in our cabin online on butler request form many times...just about every time nothing was done and had to tell Butler in person.  It was not a big deal because by time we returned from dinner it was taken care of.  Have a cruise end of month ....we will see this time.  Never affected our cruise but it would have been nice if it had been there when walked in. 

Hit or miss, I guess. 

Our experience(s): Order spirits in advance, Penthouse and above.  Whatever was requested was there upon our arrival.  When in Concierge accommodation, no issue either.  On one occasion, several years ago, mentioned to our Travel Agent (TA) that Regent's Singapore Sling recipe did NOT include Sloe Gin.  This ingredient was included when I first enjoyed that drink in 1980 at Raffle's Bar, Raffles Hotel, Singapore.  (Another time, another occasion not related to cruising.)  A bit of Sloe Gin makes all the difference.  That was noted when sampling that drink aboard a Voyager cruise. I did mention this to the bartender.  So--

Typical follow-through by Regent and our TA:  Upon boarding for our next Regent cruise aboard Mariner--a bottle of Dekuyper Sloe Gin was waiting for us in our suite. 

In any event.  A small First World situation.  Ask, and you shall receive. 

GOARMY!

40 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Hit or miss, I guess. 

Our experience(s): Order spirits in advance, Penthouse and above.  Whatever was requested was there upon our arrival.  When in Concierge accommodation, no issue either.  On one occasion, several years ago, mentioned to our Travel Agent (TA) that Regent's Singapore Sling recipe did NOT include Sloe Gin.  This ingredient was included when I first enjoyed that drink in 1980 at Raffle's Bar, Raffles Hotel, Singapore.  (Another time, another occasion not related to cruising.)  A bit of Sloe Gin makes all the difference.  That was noted when sampling that drink aboard a Voyager cruise. I did mention this to the bartender.  So--

Typical follow-through by Regent and our TA:  Upon boarding for our next Regent cruise aboard Mariner--a bottle of Dekuyper Sloe Gin was waiting for us in our suite. 

In any event.  A small First World situation.  Ask, and you shall receive. 

GOARMY!

My one and only Singapore Sling was in 1971 and Raffles Bar.  I was on trip with parents and they let me have one.  It was very memorable experience. 😀

20 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

My one and only Singapore Sling was in 1971 and Raffles Bar.  I was on trip with parents and they let me have one.  It was very memorable experience. 😀

We had a Singapore Sling more recently (about 10 years ago) at Raffles Bar - it was great.  When we went they served peanuts with the drinks and everyone threw the peanut shells on the floor.  Kind of different for a hotel that is so fancy that you cannot enter at the front entrance if wearing shorts.

Raffles is the only place in Singapore that you can throw litter, peanut shells, on to the floor without being fined or locked up😀

Will be there in January en route to Auckland. I hope the refurbishment is completed by then as the main bar is I think still closed off.

• Haha 1

On our last cruise I called Regent and ordered what we wanted in our suite.  And it showed up the evening we boarded.  On past cruises when we told our steward what we wanted it took a day or two to get there.  We have an upcoming cruise, so I have called with our request.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know that we usually have at least a few beers in the fridge and (I think) a bottle or two of wine in the cabin when we arrive.  Our last cruise we were upgraded to a butler suite and I requested a bottle of Paul John single malt whisky (had never tried it before) and it was waiting for us when we boarded.  I feel bad because I'd also requested a few German weizen biers and never got a chance to drink them since we spent so little time in our cabin on this last cruise...

But yes, to echo what others have said, you'll have champagne in your cabin at a minimum, maybe some beer and wine, and whatever you request once boarded will be there post-haste.  Or you can do what I do and get cozy with a favorite bartender or two as soon as you arrive.     :classic_tongue:🍸

There may be a difference between calling Regent and ordering alcohol vs. ordering it with the online form (unfortunately, only for PH and above suites).  Our choices have always been in suite upon embarkation.  

Bill, had I been on that cruise, I would have taken the beer off of your hands:classic_tongue:

39 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Bill, had I been on that cruise, I would have taken the beer off of your hands:classic_tongue:

Jackie - I'd have been happy to share (DW isn't a beer drinker).  I saw the Paulaner Weizen on the butler request form and thought, "Whoa, that looks good" but never even opened one.  If we ever manage to sail at the same time I'll definitely let you have a few of my beers.   🍻

We have never been in a "Penthouse or above".  We always ask our travel agent to request our bottles of choice about 45 days before the cruise.  So far we have always had the bottles waiting upon our arrival.  Hoping that this continues as we board the Mariner on 3/28.

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Am I reading this thread correctly?  Even in a category H cabin I can request a bottle of wine that is not on the connoisseur list and my steward will put it in my cabin at no charge?  If so, I had no idea.  I have a lot to learn by next January, if that's the case. 

Not only a bottle of wine.  You could order up to two bottles of any included alcohol (and some of their choices are top shelf).  There will be a bottle of champagne when you arrive in your suite (good for drinking while unpacking:classic_smile:).  Prepare yourself to be spoiled!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Not only a bottle of wine.  You could order up to two bottles of any included alcohol (and some of their choices are top shelf).  There will be a bottle of champagne when you arrive in your suite (good for drinking while unpacking:classic_smile:).  Prepare yourself to be spoiled!

Yep, I usually have a nice bottle of single malt waiting for me.  The usually have a large bottle of the Macallan Select Oak (not bad, really) but the last time I had them set up a bottle of Paul John from India.  It was surprisingly good.  

Don't be afraid to experiment!!  Lots of fun things to eat, drink, see, and do on Regent.

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We did pretty well in our working years, but we lived prudently under our incomes and avoided disastrous decisions and now that we are retired we can enjoy some nicer things we wouldn't have earlier.  But in the trip up the 'nice' scale in cruises we encounter unexpected newby things that set a song off in my head: 'Come and listen to my story bout a man named Jed'.  LOL

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

We did pretty well in our working years, but we lived prudently under our incomes and avoided disastrous decisions and now that we are retired we can enjoy some nicer things we wouldn't have earlier.  But in the trip up the 'nice' scale in cruises we encounter unexpected newby things that set a song off in my head: 'Come and listen to my story bout a man named Jed'.  LOL

Your post definitely made me smile:classic_biggrin:

19 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

But in the trip up the 'nice' scale in cruises we encounter unexpected newby things that set a song off in my head: 'Come and listen to my story bout a man named Jed'.  LOL

Any song about a mountaineer is fine in this ole' West Virginia boy's opinion.

Although I have no intention of loadin' up th' truck to move to Beverly...Hills, that is...

I believe Regent has 'Files' on all of us repeat guests.   Earlier this year on Voyager I was not in a suite with a butler; didn't ask for any libations for the suite prior to boarding, but there waiting for 'us' in our suite were bottles of our usual spirits and a bottle of our preferred vino too.   It might have been that our Stewardess was just over-the-top consciousness; because she was!

Thanks Paulyn! 

Edited by daetchief

Yes.  Regent maintains "records" for really-important matters.  No, the really-important stuff does not involve alcohol preferences.  Rather, guests' heath concerns such as allergy intolerances.  Secondary are matters such as wine/spirits preferences.  Happy guests; healthy guests; happy staff. 

Maybe a bit-off Thread, but important as to records.  One of the most prevalent health concern relates to a peanut/nut allergy.  My brother--with whom we have cruised aboard Regent on several occasions--is particularly susceptible if there is even a 'hint of those food items in any form.  Violent reaction. 

So, upon boarding, he meets with appropriate Staff.  They have already confirmed his situation.  Every aspect is reviewed; at every dining venue, the Waiter is aware of the matter.  So far--no problems.

I am sure this same attention to detail pertains to all other cruise lines.

GOARMY!

16 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Maybe a bit-off Thread, but important as to records.  One of the most prevalent health concern relates to a peanut/nut allergy.  My brother--with whom we have cruised aboard Regent on several occasions--is particularly susceptible if there is even a 'hint of those food items in any form.  Violent reaction. 

So, upon boarding, he meets with appropriate Staff.  They have already confirmed his situation.  Every aspect is reviewed; at every dining venue, the Waiter is aware of the matter.  So far--no problems.

GOARMY!

My mom's husband has a severe allergy to most meats - beef, pork, etc. - same issue, violent reaction, swelling, etc. - to the point of being life-threatening.  He carries epi-pens which will help keep him alive until he can get to an ER.  It's the same kind of 'no-fooling' allergy it sounds like your brother has.  Long story short, his first Regent cruise, we did the same - met with the F&B team, executive chef, etc. - and not a single issue the entire cruise.  They had a separate pan in the galley they used to cook his meals, they went over every dish every day, and usually came by the table to ask how his meal was.

The attention to detail for one passenger out of 750 was very impressive.