I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

1 hour ago, renza said:

2 years ago on allure there was a dog on board. In line at guest services and the dog took a crap. Yep not kidding. The guy that had the dog just ignored it like it never happened. I am the only one who spoke out loudly and made it known. Keep the damn dogs at home. If u need an emotional dog with you don’t cruise. Got it

When you called out the owner of the dog what did he do?  How  did the guest service employees respond?  Who cleaned up the poop?

And, what are you suggesting for people who require the use of a service dog?  For them (people with service dogs) to stay home? Not cruise?

Happy cruising for 2019.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 12/29/2018 at 8:54 AM, Kingofcool1947 said:

If they have the temperament and behavior,  can  small lap dogs serve as true service dogs?

King

It depends upon the service they are trained to perform.  Smaller dogs tend to be pretty common when it comes to service dogs for fragile diabetics. (detect changes in blood sugar by breath odor so sometimes you actually have them in chest carry harnesses if not on lap)

On 10/18/2018 at 7:27 AM, Mikew0805 said:

This thread is an absolute overreaction. 🙄

I love my dogs so much... I could never subject them to a cruise ship, even if it were allowed. No way! 

I would never bring my dog on a cruise ship but I can say that I would rather eat with her  than a number of those posting to this thread.  My dog sits on my furniture at home and never has one of my guest been concerned about my dogs anus when they sat on my couch.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, renza said:

2 years ago on allure there was a dog on board. In line at guest services and the dog took a crap. Yep not kidding. The guy that had the dog just ignored it like it never happened. I am the only one who spoke out loudly and made it known. Keep the damn dogs at home. If u need an emotional dog with you don’t cruise. Got it

No worry now.  RCL bans ESAs from all cruises.  A good call from RCL.

Edited by CeCe_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dear 41, Did you advertise or ever mention that your dog's anus is all over your furniture to your friends? Or did you just take for granted that anyone that has pets is subject to pet anus upholstery, and they should all be self aware?  At a Thanksgiving dinner one year a niece brought a home baked apple pie, it had dog hairs in it. Needless to say, from that day forward the family rule has been nothing homemade only store bought goods allowed.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, luckyprincess said:

The issue really is that some people need emotional support dogs. There is real scientific evidence that it can help people like our vets with PTSD. Also one of my clients has a white fluffball that loves her sweaters and alerts her to seizures. Another I know always has her nails painted and alerts to glucose changes. You don't get to dismiss a dog as a service animal because it's small or fluffy or white or wears clothes. The point is all those that are super huffy about this have no real recourse. There is no certification. Also the law in NJ does not allow anyone to ask anything other than if it is a service dog and what it is trained for, not sure about other states.

To those crying about allergies well, you are the one with the medical issue. Bring allergy medication or don't  fly/sail.  If you are afraid of dogs as an adult then here is your chance to get out of a phobia and embarrassing issue. If you just plain don't like dogs - well to be honest I don't trust those that don't like dogs lol. 

If you know people who have dogs that serve the purpose of detecting glucose levels or seizures then those aren't ESA. They are working dogs. A lot of those people with ESA will usually let their pets sit at the table, eat from a dinner plate, crap wherever and expect others to clean it up, allow them to constantly bark, sniff people, antagonize real service dogs, etc. Often these cheapskate people have small fluffy dogs. It is what it is. It does suck that there are no regulations for real service dogs. If you think people with allergies shouldn't fly or cruise then people who need to bring fluffy as a fake ESA should also stay home. You just need to get over yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those who bring a fluffy everywhere you go.

• Like 3

I’m a dog lover but wouldn’t ever take mine on a cruise.   Clearly there are some dog haters on this thread. And that is your right.  

I am also a mom of three boys, two of which have severe nut allergies. So all this talk of dog allergies seems a little over the top.  Show me some stats of anaphylactic issues from dog allergies and I will hop on your bandwagon.   But until then unless you can convince cruises and airlines and all passengers on them to not partake in nut products while traveling (and potentially leaving nut traces in their wake), I have little sympathy. You will feel uncomfortable.  I wish that would be the worst outcome for my kids having an allergic reaction. 

Edited by cindivan
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, renza said:

I think that people who allow their Emotional Support Animal (a/k/a pet) to defecate in a public area should be put off the ship at the next port -- and this should be in the Cruise Contract.   Real Service Animals are trained to "go" at their owner's command.  And I like dogs but pets don't belong on a ship.  This doesn't apply to real trained service animals.  Glad you spoke up.  What happened?   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I think that people who allow their Emotional Support Animal (a/k/a pet) to defecate in a public area should be put off the ship at the next port -- and this should be in the Cruise Contract.   Real Service Animals are trained to "go" at their owner's command.  And I like dogs but pets don't belong on a ship.  This doesn't apply to real trained service animals.  Glad you spoke up.  What happened?   

100% agree with your post.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Teacher42 said:

Dear 41, Did you advertise or ever mention that your dog's anus is all over your furniture to your friends? Or did you just take for granted that anyone that has pets is subject to pet anus upholstery, and they should all be self aware?  At a Thanksgiving dinner one year a niece brought a home baked apple pie, it had dog hairs in it. Needless to say, from that day forward the family rule has been nothing homemade only store bought goods allowed.

No need for advertising.  They know the moment my dog jumps up on the couch to sit with them.  And I'll eat my homemade pie any day before a store bought one where you have NO idea where the hands making that have been ( or other disgusting things). 

• Like 2

For those of you millenials (I would guess), that say, that you have children that have severe nut allergies.

But yet, don't believe in Anaphylaxis from other types of allergies? What about fish, shellfish, pollen, latex, etc....

Trying to figure out where you are trying to go with that statement. 

Obviously, you are a dog lover.

My bet would be, that you try to do everything you can, to protect those around you.

BTW, I have been on airlines in the recent, that have eliminated all peanuts from their company. Does that not resonate with you?

Are you bitter at others, due to your children's plight?

Or, are you just "That person", that doesn't want to believe that your "Best friend", can't be a problem or inconvenience to others. What type of "Proof" do you need?

Would you like me to ask you to show a "real life" example of how your childrens nut allergies affect them. 

What? Show me a video of your child going into anaphylaxis, from accidentally eating a cookie, that someone didn't tell them had nuts in the mix?

It is VERY small minded to make comments such as that!

If you'd like more, I can give you many case studies to read!

I work on ambulance, treating many acute patients with anaphylaxis on a weekly basis.

Let's see how fast this post get's removed for "Somebody" getting offended. Even though, I have been severely offended by the post that this is in reference to.

Hey moderator, if you are going to remove this post, why don't you give me a "Valid" reason.

By the way. 

Here is what we have posted "By our local authorities, and the state" regarding this EXACT issue.

20190108_144352.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

It’s been said before, a service animal does NOT need a vest.

Correct. AND, The odds of these being 4 small "SERVICE DOGS" is as much bull crap, as anyone can guess! I am curious if you "Happen to have a small dog?"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Correct. AND, The odds of these being 4 small "SERVICE DOGS" is as much bull crap, as anyone can guess! I am curious if you "Happen to have a small dog?"

Its been stated many times prior.

Royal changed their policy in July.  Any people that had booked with emotional support animals prior to the policy were grandfathered in.  It will take until April of 2020 to get rid of all those that could potentially be grandfathered.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal changed their policy in July.  Any people that had booked with emotional support animals prior to the policy were grandfathered in.  It will take until April of 2020 to get rid of all those that could potentially be grandfathered.

More so, my point is that this poster appears to be "defending" the people that are bringing small dogs/ESA's/pets. Not defending true "Service Dogs". They appear to be "backing" the people that don't have legitimate "Service dogs".

22 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

More so, my point is that this poster appears to be "defending" the people that are bringing small dogs/ESA's/pets. Not defending true "Service Dogs". They appear to be "backing" the people that don't have legitimate "Service dogs".

If you mean me....

defend8n people from others who think hey have the right to decide what is and isn’t a true service dog, by appearance. Same as idiots that think the6 can urge if a disability is “genie” or not on appearance.

And yes I have a dog (several) in fact I have had dogs all my life, including breeding, showing, training and judging, one of my current dogs is a service dog, I have never taken him on a cruise, to be frank I’m not convinced that a cruise ship is a great location for a dog.

what services does e perform, he pics things up and brings them to my wheelchair, he warns if I’m about to pass out and he is a eat hearing alert do

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

If you mean me....

defend8n people from others who think hey have the right to decide what is and isn’t a true service dog, by appearance. Same as idiots that think the6 can urge if a disability is “genie” or not on appearance.

And yes I have a dog (several) in fact I have had dogs all my life, including breeding, showing, training and judging, one of my current dogs is a service dog, I have never taken him on a cruise, to be frank I’m not convinced that a cruise ship is a great location for a dog.

what services does e perform, he pics things up and brings them to my wheelchair, he warns if I’m about to pass out and he is a eat hearing alert do

The simple fix that would put an end to all of this would be for RCCL to mandate that any service pet wear a service vest while in public areas of the ship.  But anyone can buy a "service vest" on Amazon. 

I still think that any owner bringing a service animal on board should require a medical clearance form but again this is only MY opinion (I don't want to start that debate again).

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With certain exceptions