Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Marie50

Internet included on Oceania cruises ?

Recommended Posts

This will be our first Oceania. In our cruise documents  it says unlimited Internet included . Is this correct ?  But it also gave pricing for 200 minutes  so I am confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes  free internet  for 1 account per cabin OS, VS & OC cabins get 2

if you want a 2nd account you can buy  unlimited or a package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How well does the Internet speed work with the free Internet on the Oceania ships?  On Nov. 13, we depart for Athens and doing a 20-day sailing with Oceania to Dubai in making our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan/Petra, Middle East, etc.  Like to do lots of Cruise Critic post while sailing with a live/blog with pictures, etc.  

 

Thanks!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences.  Now at 25,552 views.  Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience is that there isn't much difference between the "paid" and "free".  The "free" internet is a relatively recent development.  Over time, speed has increased but it's still not great.  I don't complain myself but I've read many complaints about the speed!  Plenty of people post trip reports from on board with lots of photos and don't seem to have a problem.  I don't know if they use a particular service that helps in terms of uploading photos.

 

Suggest you do a search on various threads to see for yourself.  Many of the photos I've seen here look wonderful.  So I THINK you'd be okay.  I think the paid service (not the paid service for an extra device but the paid service for FASTER service) pertains more to people who are streaming ... maybe I'm wrong there.

 

It wouldn't be the first time ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mura said:

My experience is that there isn't much difference between the "paid" and "free".  The "free" internet is a relatively recent development.  Over time, speed has increased but it's still not great.  I don't complain myself but I've read many complaints about the speed!  Plenty of people post trip reports from on board with lots of photos and don't seem to have a problem.  I don't know if they use a particular service that helps in terms of uploading photos.

 

Suggest you do a search on various threads to see for yourself.  Many of the photos I've seen here look wonderful.  So I THINK you'd be okay.  I think the paid service (not the paid service for an extra device but the paid service for FASTER service) pertains more to people who are streaming ... maybe I'm wrong there.

 

It wouldn't be the first time ...

 

 

Mura you are correct in that you can't stream unless you "upgrade" but that doesn't "buy" you more speed it just removes a filter that prevents connection to streaming sites. It will always be a bandwidth problem on a ship (the more users the slower each connection] but with a little luck I've always been able to choose a time when my "competition" is less (being among the first to return to the ship from excursions is usually a good time to successfully upload photos!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your free WiFi is for one device only. you can sign up with as many devices as you want but only one device can be logged in at any time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 7:56 PM, Marie50 said:

This will be our first Oceania. In our cruise documents  it says unlimited Internet included . Is this correct ?  But it also gave pricing for 200 minutes  so I am confused.

Yes.  Unlimited.

King

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I found the internet faster before 7am or after 11pm.  Decent speeds then.

 

Appreciate these various above details and this follow-up from a fellow fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes.  Sounds like we will be able to make things work and adjust for access as we travel in the Med and Middle East.  It's now only a little over two weeks till we depart for our first sailing with Oceania.

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 37,749 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I found the internet faster before 7am or after 11pm.  Decent speeds then.

now you have  done it :classic_laugh:

All those people will be getting up early to upload all their photos  or Facetime  with the family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 9:34 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I found the internet faster before 7am or after 11pm.  Decent speeds then.

What he/she said....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...