New sociality restaurant on NCL?

Redddhot

7 minutes ago, davy jones said:

To me, a taco/burrito joint as a specialty restaurant is not a good sign.

I guess it depends on how good the quality is.  I love good Mexican food and I would imagine many of the overseas cruisers don't get much opportunity to eat it.

We're in California and take various Mexico runs frequently.  What's always surprised me is none of the ships have a Mexican themed bar or restaurant.  They'll have so called Mexican food on the buffet occasionally, but who puts mayonnaise in guacamole???  How about some mole or tamales or rellenos and some salsa with some heat?  We are booked on the Star for a Mexico Christmas cruise and we'll wait till we're off ship for Mexican.

Back in the early days of Dawn, Star, and the Jewel class ships, there was a Mexican Specialty restaurant... and it had a couple of interesting entrees.   It ended up being replaced by other venues in all cases.  It seems like this new restaurant might be bringing Mexican back...  

We ate there on Dawn last summer and found it just ok. The food wasn't bad, and we had more free specialty restaurant meals than we were going to use anyway, but we probably wouldn't pay to go back.

Edited by gymbomb

7 hours ago, Redddhot said:

Having just seen an ad with a new mexican restaurant Los Lobos

Has anyone got the menu available?

Are the other menus available to view here at all?

Many thanks

Bliss also has the Q, which is a bbq restaurant. it is the only one in the NCL fleet (so far). DELICIOUS!

Los Lobos is on at least 2 NCL ships, with Bliss being one of them.

The guac made from scratch at your table is great. the flank steak with green chimichanga sauce was also great!

The tacos sucked tho. the soft tortilla was flavorless and killed the taste of the taco, not matter what meat was in it.

Note: the enchiladas count as an entree and not appetizer.

We enjoyed Los Lobos twice on our last Dawn cruise.  Thought the food was really good and decent portions as well.  Loved the Mexican Street Corn!  We are on Dawn again this January and definitely plan on going to Los Lobos a couple times.  It's one of our favorites to be honest and I'm hoping Encore ends up with Los Lobos instead of Moderno as well since we're booked on it for Thanksgiving next year.

The drinks at Los Lobos are fantastic!  Small, intimate venue and we found the food great on the dawn in February.  Prices are very reasonable and portions were big so we did not use our vouchers there.  Did drink many themed drinks though!

9 hours ago, cliffd64 said:

Back in the early days of Dawn, Star, and the Jewel class ships, there was a Mexican Specialty restaurant... and it had a couple of interesting entrees.   It ended up being replaced by other venues in all cases.  It seems like this new restaurant might be bringing Mexican back...  

Yes I remember that place on the Jewel. It was more Tex Mex than Mexican.  But they had amazing ribs.  And guess what?  Back in those days not only was the cover charge only $10 they asked me if I wanted another entre.  Oh yes!  They brought out another rack of ribs!

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Yes I remember that place on the Jewel. It was more Tex Mex than Mexican.  But they had amazing ribs.  And guess what?  Back in those days not only was the cover charge only $10 they asked me if I wanted another entre.  Oh yes!  They brought out another rack of ribs!

Yes! We had that on the Jewel in 2011. $10 included a margarita, and years before the promos, that was the best!!

Los Lobos is great.   It is not your average Mexican restaurant.  We loved the "made at our table" guacamole and the  natural homemade ice cream (no  high fructose corn syrup). The maitre d' on the Dawn went to Mexico City for training before opening up  Los Lobos.

7 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Yes! We had that on the Jewel in 2011. $10 included a margarita, and years before the promos, that was the best!!

That's right. I forgot about the free margarita.  *sigh* Those were the days!

Edited by david_sobe