Cruise Critic Community
mafig

Luggage Delivery on Allure

I recently read a review where the poster stated that their luggage was not delivered to their door on the first day.

It was left in a pile in a central location.  

It occurs to me that I've read about this happening before.  Is this normal?  Just want to verify so I can be on the look-out.  My luggage, unfortunately is basic black and can easily be picked up by someone else.

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

I recently read a review where the poster stated that their luggage was not delivered to their door on the first day.

It was left in a pile in a central location.  

It occurs to me that I've read about this happening before.  Is this normal?  Just want to verify so I can be on the look-out.  My luggage, unfortunately is basic black and can easily be picked up by someone else.

Not normal.  Luggage is usually delivered to the stateroom door, or nearby.  Sometimes the bags are staged to the lobby area before they are distributed near the staterooms, and people sometimes collect there bags there.

Recently on Granduer, Harmony and Allure.  Luggage was not set at your door but in the corridor(hallway) it was up to you to locate.

The last time we were on the Allure (February 2018) our luggage (2 big suitcases) were delivered just outside our door by about 2:00 PM.

Never experienced luggage not delivered to our stateroom on the Allure or any other Royal Caribbean ship.  Not sure if this is a new practice.

It happens.  I can't remember which ships, but it has happened two or three times to me.  

If your bags are not at your cabin door in whatever you consider a reasonable time frame, take a stroll up and down your hall and see if you can spot them.

We were on the Allure one month ago and had our luggage by 2PM. Been on 20 cruise's over the past 30 years and have never had a problem.

We were on the Allure at the beginning of the month and our luggage was located down the hall with everyone elses.

This is the first time this has happened. So don't know if this is the new policy or a trial thing.

Happened to me in mariner, my gf had her luggage at the door and I told her as a joke that I was going to hunt for mine. Well I kept walking on the hallway and it was alone other bags. 

Was on the Allure last month and the luggage was being piled up in one location and my bag was no where to be found), so I said to my cabin guy what is going on with the luggage and he said I'll get your bag, 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door, my bag had arrived. 

While luggage is being delivered it is not uncommon to see groups of suitcases at various points. I suspect that a relay system is used to speed up delivery and cut down on traffic.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

While luggage is being delivered it is not uncommon to see groups of suitcases at various points. I suspect that a relay system is used to speed up delivery and cut down on traffic.

Exactly and just because I´ve picked up my luggage before from the holding area, doesn´t mean it wouldn´t have been delivered to my door at a later point.

Allure two weeks ago. One was delivered. Others delayed. Mentioned to room steward and he had them in a few minutes so they were likely sitting close. It just depends on how quickly you want them I guess and if there are delays in getting them distributed once on your deck.

Only happened twice in more than 50 cruises. The first time a suitcase was delivered to the wrong deck - and our room steward tracked it down for us, and the second time it was routed to the naughty room because they thought they saw a knife in it. This was the "knife" - an old fashioned church key:classic_wacko:

th.jpg

Young lady unloading cart near the elevator was really glad when I grabbed our two suitcases - I think the suitcases total outweighed her.  They bring the luggage up on carts but have to haul the suitcases down the crowded halls by hand since there is no room for the carts.

We had lots of problems lately with misplaced luggage....we will try to carry everything on in the future! 👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

On the Allure we didn't get our luggage until 8pm.  It went to the security room because I had a CPAP.  My son had nothing and in a separate room, his came same time as mine.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:14 AM, orville99 said:

Only happened twice in more than 50 cruises. The first time a suitcase was delivered to the wrong deck - and our room steward tracked it down for us, and the second time it was routed to the naughty room because they thought they saw a knife in it. This was the "knife" - an old fashioned church key:classic_wacko:

th.jpg

Ha Ha.