Harmony of the Seas, Live October 20th - 27th. Somewhere on a Beach.

A&L_Ont

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So, what else has happened in our “family community” since our last cruise?  Not too much, just the normal daily stuff. 

However, we did have something pretty big happen in our home town.  We had Kraft Hockeyville in our hometown.  What is Hockeyville you ask?  It is a weeks worth of celebration, around the greatest sport in the world.  That’s hockey if you didn’t already know.  

Our town won a national contest back in March, after beating out 2 other towns in weekend long voting competition.  Over 9 million votes were cast and we won, a town of less than 2,000 people. By winning we recieved  $250,000 in arena upgrades, plus $10,000 in hockey gear.  We now have new boards, glass, scoreboards and audio system.  The rest will go towards upgrades which are already being planned for the near future. Our arena is going from 1958 to 2018 and it needed it.

Now fast forward to September of this year, the week of Hockeyville.  We actually changed our September cruise to this cruise, so we wouldn’t miss it.  School was held the entire week, but I’m not sure how much actually happened there.  Weekly events happened, from road hockey tournaments to past NHL players attending meet and greets - Lord Stanley’s Cup even came to town.

A2A293F0-E63F-4D84-9F65-C6B316F3E72B.thumb.jpeg.9f10496ffa001074e9341b905e5990de.jpeg

D6FBC79E-438F-4B6A-934E-8FBE9BC88648.thumb.jpeg.d9ea5e05bd02b695fb1ed0d95b3097f1.jpeg

A80A43A4-0065-4099-BC8B-290CE7EBB755.thumb.jpeg.ebe3616a39ff6b41f79c2002b223264d.jpeg

AC751876-BE86-4C84-B98A-C75273A5E5B0.thumb.jpeg.db68095af23346c61e0c27823716410a.jpeg

I was looking for the Maple Leafs, and all I found was the Flyers in the early 70s.

66A20C82-0000-4F9E-B607-7FF01F831E9C.thumb.jpeg.94e447103978df60607793eec41e421d.jpeg

You beat out Brandon, SD which is about 10 miles from me and basically part our our community. They ended in 2nd place and got 10k I think. Hockey is pretty big here and getting bigger. My boy starts in 2 weeks as a 5 year old. He’s been skating for 2 years. Enjoy the cruise. We are on December 16. 59 more days 

I have heard many  from “the south” say that they miss the seasons. Sure the fall leaves look great, especially on a nice day.

4B11D52D-BAF3-4DD4-BD85-674A3322A2FE.thumb.jpeg.c44e4813a01af823b539e63ba1ed2c2c.jpeg

But folks in the south don’t have to use snow tires, to which they went back on the storm trooper this Tuesday. And you know what we saw yesterday afternoon; a precursor to snow. 😱 

81B6D681-BE36-431D-9A94-8668D4BF8FCB.thumb.jpeg.2bf2a6acdae24c820bafd9f187477825.jpeg

But tonight we had one beauty sunset.  That being said I look forward to posting ones from the ship. 

905FB65F-6208-4E04-B96B-99994BCEA597.thumb.jpeg.11b017cffbc816fd81358b7ee78f26d8.jpeg

8A58E9A5-8BF1-4D5D-897E-1C6650BD9FE7.thumb.jpeg.5e2445c0d1c9399e6f8a0760dd0588fe.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, andertim1 said:

You beat out Brandon, SD which is about 10 miles from me and basically part our our community. They ended in 2nd place and got 10k I think. Hockey is pretty big here and getting bigger. My boy starts in 2 weeks as a 5 year old. He’s been skating for 2 years. Enjoy the cruise. We are on December 16. 59 more days 

Get ready for fun times at the arena; whole lotta truth and a little sarcasm.  Sounds like your boy is ready.  Owen didn’t start skating until he was 6 and hockey started at 7.  He actually started late compared to some kids on his team. 

As for Hockeyville, they actually host one for Canada and one for the States. Congratulations on your town coming in second. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Andrew lost that info on the Alaska helicopter tours you took and the company you used...............All the info from those threads on the Float away Lounge were just trashed.

What was the company you used again? Looking for that tour that had more flight time.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I have attached a link to the company that provided it and information about the tour. 

http://temscoair.com/denali glacier landing/

57 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Andrew, I'll be following along -- but from the Allure --- we get on Sunday. Our first Crown Loft. 

Periscope will be buzzing with you, me and MP3 all sailing at the same time.

mac_tlc

Enjoy Allure Mac and your first CLS.  You are right, there should be some great scopes this week. 

So that’s about it for tonight. The new CC hasn’t given us to much of a problem, yet.😉  As York said, the nuclear core hasn’t had a meltdown, so let’s hope it holds for at least another week. 

Tomorrow we will get Owen on the school bus and then we take off for the Detroit airport. We fly at 1:45.  Night all.

Edited by A&L_Ont

7 hours ago, tangled1010 said:

Woohoo. Just what I need to make the next 7 weeks seem not that far away until our turn. Question for you, I see you have a CLS this time. Have you sailed in an Owners Suite before? if so do you prefer one over the other? We upgraded to an Owners suite for no additional cost over what we paid for a Grand Suite. Cant wait!

Have a great trip.

Yes we have, on our very first time on Oasis.  Personally we like the CLS over the OS for a couple reasons. The first being the view of the flow rider lines, the two bathrooms, and lastly that deck 17 it is quieter than the lower decks.

Now that being said, if I had a cabin upgrade like you to the OS, I’d stick with the OS. I believe that they have a higher price point than a CLS, and they are also a very nice cabin. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, I'm totally ready for another virtual cruise! We will be sailing the same itinerary, just in reverse, on Symphony in April. I can't wait to see where you and Lisa are planning in St Thomas! I can't seem to decide what we will do there, so I'm hoping you come up with something good. 

Now, if I could just figure out what some of these new emojis are so I'm not afraid to use them ......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Virtopia said:

Yay I found it! Looking forward to following along as I countdown to my Jewel TA.

I always look forward to seeing a smiling Owen picture! 🙂

They aren’t always devilish.

What I have learned from marriage, that I pass along to newly married men is the following... “if you are smiling when you are about to say something, stop.  Chances are you are about to get into trouble”.

8 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Woohoo Andrew and Lisa review.  There will be no housework done!

Congratulations on Hockeyville, that is great for the town, it must have been great.  How did our Sens play even though they lost?

Enjoy your cruise!

Sens played OK.  As a matter of fact Inthink you still have one of our London Knights playing up.  At the end of the game, both teams came to centre ice and raised their sticks and shook hands. Well done on both parts. 

Dubas, the Leaf’s new GM, was sitting right behind Owen and his hockey team.  Owen got him to sign his Leafs jersey. 

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

Happy to follow along once again! Here’s hoping cc gets it together

Hear, hear. My first multi-post response. Holding my breath. 

Glad to have you along. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Finally... the CC Forum App. No go. But I can use it online and follow along again. Woohoo! 4 weeks from our cruise and definitely need something to pass the time before I go crazy. 

Cant wait to come along on your vacation! See ya at the airport!

How’s this for a new flash.  100 days today we board Allure.

Owen was going on about how “sad” he was just now. Lisa asked if he needed something to make him sadder.  That’s when I immediately followed with, you aren’t going on that one either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

How’s this for a new flash.  100 days today we board Allure.

Owen was going on about how “sad” he was just now. Lisa asked if he needed something to make him sadder.  That’s when I immediately followed with, you aren’t going on that one either. 

Aww poor Owen. But at least he had his last minute cruise a couple months ago. Maybe he will get another last minute cruise. 

16 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Aww poor Owen. But at least he had his last minute cruise a couple months ago. Maybe he will get another last minute cruise. 

And there goes Owen. And we are about to takeoff. 

8BC85B9E-5E2A-4E92-8DBA-321D8EFCC38F.thumb.jpeg.3510609afc33124e87f690db92610fac.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, joand452 said:

Wow!  You do live out in the country!

Beautiful!

Yes indeed. 

1 hour ago, wolfganghowell said:

Ready to climb aboard.  I consider this my test Harmony cruise since we are on the verge of booking 12/1/19 on her. Have a great time and here's hoping the new and NOT improved CC will prevent people from posting your photos over and over and over...

We can hope. 

5 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Bon voyage!

Thank-you. 

Crossing the border, we got this nice pic. 

0CF81BF7-BFBD-49D3-B22E-FD1E48EE925C.thumb.jpeg.a6a594dbdab7b4456460096e1609f87f.jpeg

This is a new sign just before the border crossing. It made both of us laugh. 

1466C0DF-EB1A-485B-A993-BEFAD267C45F.thumb.jpeg.4161dbf25a899405e52ba4ffaa9958f4.jpeg

If you didn’t already know, it is now legal cross Canada as of this past Wednesday. Side note, the first impaired charge was laid Wednesday morning at 1am. One hour later. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Autumn in Canada is beautiful!  Lovely here too in Connecticut, but we are right behind you in Fort Lauderdale with our first Allure cruise on 10/28.  Will be following you this week.  Enjoy and safe travels!