Jade vs Spirit 21 day Arabian Oddysey which one to choose

Offcourse

Hello,

we were looking at these, but will to put it off until 2023 or 24....hopefully they will continue these cruises.

I think they are offering more "freebies" with the Sprit!

But either way, Both are great.

Good Luck!

please [if you go],  please do a report/ with pictures

Really good point and possibly a deal breaker.  Thank you.

The only other factor to weigh is the size or available use of the ship.  The jewel class ships have plenty of public space and a greater choice of cabin and price points along with more categories to offer if there is an up grade bid offered.   (not sure I have the nerve to go that route and hats off to all of you who do)

If we get on one of these cruises I will report.  :classic_smile:

We were already booked on a transatlantic for Nov 2019 (Jade Arabian odyssey also not available then) and booked the Spirit for Feb 2020.  Never been on the Spirit and happy to sail her for a change in one of the aft suites.  When I looked at pricing, the Jade cruise for similar suite is about $3,000 more than we are paying on the Spirit but pricing on the Spirit has gone up since we first booked. The Jade is a great ship so if we had it to do over again we might have canceled the TA and gone with the Arabian Odyssey on the Jade.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....Either way, we are looking forward to 2 great cruises.

18 hours ago, mertziek said:

We were already booked on a transatlantic for Nov 2019 (Jade Arabian odyssey also not available then) and booked the Spirit for Feb 2020.  Never been on the Spirit and happy to sail her for a change in one of the aft suites.  When I looked at pricing, the Jade cruise for similar suite is about $3,000 more than we are paying on the Spirit but pricing on the Spirit has gone up since we first booked. The Jade is a great ship so if we had it to do over again we might have canceled the TA and gone with the Arabian Odyssey on the Jade.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....Either way, we are looking forward to 2 great cruises.

The Spirit is the oldest ship in the fleet but last time we were on - Dec 2-15 - it was still in very good shape.  There should be a drydock coming up before you go but little has been shared as to what will happen.  It is a beautiful ship with Asian decor, front observation lounge, aft bar area with tiered seating overlooking kids pool with shade.

Those aft suites are nice.  Quick access to the aft bar area via doors on each side.  Only real issue we had aft was quite a shimmy/shake when ship was going over 20 knots.  Should get pretty good butler and concierge service due to limited number of suites.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the November '19 sailing yesterday as 1) we prefer to try the Jade and 2) it was overall $1000 less expensive than booking the Spirit in February '20.  Our third reason is the weather should be slightly warmer in November compared to February.  One thing to realize is disembarkation for the November '19 sailing is on Thanksgiving day -11/28.  If being home for Thanksgiving is important to you, then I would book the Spirit in Feb '20.  

Good Luck.  I hope we see you and others.  This is an awesome itinerary that rarely is seen or available and generally only on the luxury lines for considerably more money.