Any update on NCL Drinking Straws?

Colin313

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I have never cruised NCL before or cruised on a ship with no straws..it seems a little crazy?! I was just on Royal back in Oct and while they were trying to cut back on straws and only use them when needed, they weren't banned and removed.

Frozen drinks with no straws would seem to be a bit of a challenged once your about half way done your drink......

Heading on Sky in 11 days...should be interesting

Just buy the reusable ones on Amazon, that's what I did. It even came with a case and 2 brushes to clean them

Got off the Bliss on Nov. 17. Straws were not served with the drinks, but when I asked for one, I was given a paper straw. I had brought reusable straws with me, but found that it was more hassle to carry one around and use than to just do without. I did way better than expected without a straw. It made me drink my frozen drinks more slowly, waiting for them to melt a little so they were easier to drink. The only other time I had difficulty was with too much ice in a drink and not being able to get to the liquid in the bottom. I ended up taking out a couple of ice cubes with my hands. 

We found that no straws have been provided on NCL in August when we went, nor did Carnival last week. My husband bought reusable straws he can throw in his pocket (has a case, cleaning brush and is collapsible). He  has sensitive teeth so drinking a frozen drink is not so fun for him without a straw. He tried asking for one on NCL in August but they said they don't have them anymore. I personally wouldn't like paper straws.

23 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

Had to validate- yes frozen drinks come with paper straws

Cheers

347B5990-F156-4732-BB08-DBA5603739D8.jpeg

I can verify that this is also the case on Getaway. Regular drinks (non frozen) did not come with straws today, at the atrium bar.