What time are rooms ready please

DnA2010

On our last 4 Cruises, rooms were ready around 1.  Some people have been able to drop off their bags in the room, even if the Steward was still prepping the room.  But we haven’t been so lucky.  The corridors to the rooms have been blocked off.  So we roll our carryons with us. Last cruise on the Ruby in September, they had a conference room set up where you could leave your bags and claim them at 1pm.  

We have never had a problem with at least dropping off our bags and putting items in the safe as soon as we boarded, usually around noon or shortly after that. Most of the time the cabin is ready. Never had a problem in over 40 Princess cruises. 

2 minutes ago, Bethcb said:

We have never had a problem with at least dropping off our bags and putting items in the safe as soon as we boarded, usually around noon or shortly after that. Most of the time the cabin is ready. Never had a problem in over 40 Princess cruises. 

We had a problem on the last 4 cruises.

The fire doors were closed and we were told to stay away until 1:00pm or when it was announced.

As stated in an above post a room was set up to drop stuff off if you wanted and provided a claim check.

I've always been able to access my cabin as soon as I board in over 20 Princess cruises.  It's one of the things that was nice about Princess vs other mid-price lines.  I hate to hear that might be changing.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We had a problem on the last 4 cruises.

The fire doors were closed and we were told to stay away until 1:00pm or when it was announced.

As stated in an above post a room was set up to drop stuff off if you wanted and provided a claim check.

This was our experience on the Ruby Princess this summer - and the first time we've experienced it in almost 25 Princess cruises.  Not only were the fire doors closed, they are also alarmed if you try to open them (just ask my DH)!

Last 3 cruises - 2018 and 2017 - rooms ready at 1 and hallways blocked off.  

We too miss the earlier access -  but with the increase in number of rooms per steward I'm not surprised it is taking longer to do turnaround.  

I can't blame them for keeping the doors shut so they can finish their jobs without worrying about keeping the halls free of obstructions etc for passengers.  

We just pack our carryons accordingly now. 

On our CP 28SEP18 cruise, they told people 1pm, but we were on board before noon and our cabin was ready. In fact, my cabins have always been ready on Princes cruises and we are usually always on board before noon. 

On our last cruise aboard the Regal in 2017, we were aboard by 11:30 am. We went directly to our cabin which was ready, and our luggage was there when we returned from lunch at 12:30 pm.

Edited by drpack

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

On our January 2018 Princess cruise we were able to go directly to our cabin as we have always done in the past.  Seems from what many others are posting, this will no longer be true.:classic_unsure:

I keep reading that but what about the people doing B2B cruises.

Surly they're allowed to get to their cabins before 1 PM. :classic_unsure:

I always leave the ship during a B2B & return with luggage so they might think I'm just arriving. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

I keep reading that but what about the people doing B2B cruises.

Surly they're allowed to get to their cabins before 1 PM. :classic_unsure:

I always leave the ship during a B2B & return with luggage so they might think I'm just arriving. 

Thanks for post this.  I was wondering the same about B2B ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DnA2010 said:

We are boarding Emerald Princess later today, our first Princess cruise. Just wondering what time the rooms are available please 

Could be ready when you board or hours latter. That's why they don't give a time.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

This was our experience on the Ruby Princess this summer - and the first time we've experienced it in almost 25 Princess cruises.  Not only were the fire doors closed, they are also alarmed if you try to open them (just ask my DH)!

I always get off with my luggage when doing  B2B. When I return with my luggage during a turnaround day I'll be testing the alarm on the CB.

If it rings, so be it.....let it ring but I'm not carrying around my suitcase when I know my room is ready & my wife is already in the room.

It seems like they didn't think this out thoroughly. 

8 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

I always get off with my luggage when doing  B2B. When I return with my luggage during a turnaround day I'll be testing the alarm on the CB.

If it rings, so be it.....let it ring but I'm not carrying around my suitcase when I know my room is ready & my wife is already in the room.

It seems like they didn't think this out thoroughly. 

What is your reasoning for this? Makes little sense.

They made the announcement that cabins would not be ready until 1 before we boarded the Royal last month. We went directly to the dining room and enjoyed a leisurely lunch. By the time we finished, it was after 1. We did not get to our cabin in time to see if they had the fire doors closed before then.