Your opinion matters Survey

molly361

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone heard back from RCL if you leave low marks on the survey?

We had one cruise where we gave our wait staff and head waiter nothing but a scathing rating. Never heard a thing from RCL. Not surprised either. 

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

As long as they are getting top dollar and sailing mostly full, they couldn't care less what you write on the survey.

If this were true, the waiters wouldn't be begging the guests during the cruise to make sure they leave good marks.

Last January we had a horrible cruise with rude fellow passengers. The ship staff handled it very poorly. I gave a bad review with lots of bad comments. I gave my e-mail address and said if anyone reads this please send me a message saying so. Never got anything.

22 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

It's the waiters begging, not the cruise line. I stand by my comment.

Sigh... you don't see the relation?  If Royal didn't care, then neither would the waiters.

And obviously Royal cares, which is why THEY ARE SENDING YOU THE SURVEY.  

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Sigh... you don't see the relation?  If Royal didn't care, then neither would the waiters.

And obviously Royal cares, which is why THEY ARE SENDING YOU THE SURVEY.  

They haven't sent me a survey on my last four cruises. They use the survey as an intimidation tool to keep their employees afraid of losing there jobs.

Years ago, when business wasn't as strong, the day before debarkation, they used to have an informational meeting on what what happen the next day. The cruise director would beg you to fill out the forms (They passed them out on the ship) and give 10s for everything. On Holland they even drew surveys out of a big container for door prizes to give to people who filled them out.

What do the people who don't have the internet do? Their opinion doesn't matter, not that any of them do.

Once after sailing Star class in April, I remarked about a few things, not terrible, and they called to discuss them.

Did not receive a call back from my disappointing survey response of the President's Star class experience, as they were aware of the problems and had probably had heard from plenty of people.

Edited by irishgal432

We cruised this summer on Allure and had several experiences that we were unhappy about. We filled out the survey, wrote a letter and emailed the President. The only thing we heard back on was the email to the President, which he assigned to a rude customer service person. She all but told me tough crap. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she claimed she didn’t have one. After being persistent, she put me on hold for 20 minutes and then transferred me to a supervisor (probably a friend). This lady was caring and nice and promised the world and would call back with details... never heard from her again. Pretty sad this is what you get when you email the President of the company. Their customer service sucks anymore. Just my $.02 worth.

Edited by Cayman1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Once after sailing Star class in April, I remarked about a few things, not terrible, and they called to discuss them.

Did not receive a call back from my disappointing survey response of the President's Star class experience, as they were aware of the problems and had probably had heard from plenty of people.

Whatever happened to your review?

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Whatever happened to your review?

I started it and then CC went down. Heading out Sunday on Allure but I have been reflecting on the cruise and how to review it.  With yours and Rick's review pretty much everything was covered cruise related.  When I get back from Allure, I will write up some points to ponder on the cruise in comparison to the other 2 that I have been on.

2 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I started it and then CC went down. Heading out Sunday on Allure but I have been reflecting on the cruise and how to review it.  With yours and Rick's review pretty much everything was covered cruise related.  When I get back from Allure, I will write up some points to ponder on the cruise in comparison to the other 2 that I have been on.

While both of us had access to the good life, neither had a Star Suite. Comparisons are good. What are you staying in this time?

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

While both of us had access to the good life, neither had a Star Suite. Comparisons are good. What are you staying in this time?

My husband is staying home and I am going with 3 friends for a girls trip! We are in the Royal Family Suite. So no Star class.  We originally were looking at the 2 bedroom AQ suite and when we  firmed up our plans the 2 bedroom AQ had been booked. 😞

Since most of my cruises have had great outcomes and just a few had a couple of lesser points, I've never done a bad survey. I have gone to the post cruise comments on Crown and Anchor and left a couple of comments that did get a response.

Now, to slightly change subject, pre-internet when many businesses left survey cards in the rooms, I wondered if anyone read them, so I wrote, " The inaction of your employee nearly caused a major hotel fire"   I got a phone call on that one.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The survey that I got was to rate the customer service representative that made my booking over the phone

I get that pre-recorded message each time I call the D+ desk on the phone...to "stay on the line to take part in an optional survey".  I have done it just once when the rep really went out of her way to help me....gave her good marks of course.  😉

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The survey that I got was to rate the customer service representative that made my booking over the phone

I got that survey too for a booking I made a few weeks ago.  We booked a JS GTY and received an email welcoming us to Sky Class even though no cabin has been assigned yet.  I also got a call asking if I had any questions about our upcoming cruise, even though it is still over 3 months out.  I have also now received 3 reminder emails that my final payment is due soon.  Not sure why this reservation is getting so much attention and my others aren't, not that any of them need any attention.