problem embedding photo

I am trying to insert a photo from Shutterfly.  I copy the url for my pic on Shutterfly.

In my message box, I choose "insert other media".  I then choose "insert image from url", and paste the url in the box.  When I click on "insert into post", the field turns amber and I cannot insert it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob

9 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Is the shutterfly account private?

Hmmm...Not sure.  How can I find this out?

8 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

It sounds like you are doing it the same way I am using Shutterfly and it works for me.  How are you getting the image URL?

enhance

I open a photo in Shtterfly, and click on "share"then "link".  A box comes up with a url, and I copy this and paste it into the appropriate field under "insert other media".

I have also tried copying the url from the browser address field, and got the same result.

2 minutes ago, boblerm said:

I open a photo in Shtterfly, and click on "share"then "link".  A box comes up with a url, and I copy this and paste it into the appropriate field under "insert other media".

I have also tried copying the url from the browser address field, and got the same result.

is this the one?

enhance

if it is I got it by right clicking on the image and copy image location

image.png.85bbbafdf88c6af22ae8fcbf9951ac75.png

Edited by AlanF65

3 minutes ago, boblerm said:

Yes!!! ok, this is a little scary😉

How did you do that?

followed you profile to the test forum. followed the url

right click on the image, copy image location, and then paste that URL into the  insert other media

image.png.08c45a06439e7d572e77ca1d8bfb8a1a.png

image.png.a8173118b81ddb8192535a311118f3fc.png

Edited by AlanF65

13 minutes ago, boblerm said:

Try this instead.  Open the photo then right click on it.  Select Copy image address.  That is what I do and it seems to work.

image.png.b9687ecfbfe85416d5fb356d9a435e35.png

19 minutes ago, boblerm said:

However, what I find a little scary is.....how did you get to the image on Shutterfly that I was trying to post??????

you want scary look at this

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiuIl8uPyAb3ULu_18T5UrSWIgooyZyMcl7EnxhFLKjaihPzwKQMXaK9JKeqJRkxduaSVSll1NEyjbSL2NIXs2jvRynLdAsw1mRZsZwPIR8gVa181x7v5F8Srzt1-daRAzWf89nivTOqhtctK04XO2Rv7PgomVspPeHLPLdY1WGkktYsV-PNOlZFee4DFIhjFG4zOqifh-UZgU-yTRlJCHUyWG-u3-TRzeHr1au_1xolgP8yZ9PptOqmbUetvkBR3w0277OcIWU4_1g_1jcLEJgJnXF7iuXX2ThOoT8vWYmkhh3FAz_1a--02nk0UVVyBbUbtxwCIuAwWiR79O1FgBPZkE70Q251pCg&btnG=Search by image&hl=en

But you profile picture is safe

image.thumb.png.26997c00d61aa889b898f036bb175807.png

You remember 1984 back in the 60's right, well we are there and Big brother is also Amazon, Apple, Google, FB and all the other social  and big commerce sites.

The degree of detail that Facebook can drill down to in an ad presentation is scary from an individual standpoint, great from a marketing standpoint

Edited by AlanF65
spell correct

15 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

you want scary look at this

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiuIl8uPyAb3ULu_18T5UrSWIgooyZyMcl7EnxhFLKjaihPzwKQMXaK9JKeqJRkxduaSVSll1NEyjbSL2NIXs2jvRynLdAsw1mRZsZwPIR8gVa181x7v5F8Srzt1-daRAzWf89nivTOqhtctK04XO2Rv7PgomVspPeHLPLdY1WGkktYsV-PNOlZFee4DFIhjFG4zOqifh-UZgU-yTRlJCHUyWG-u3-TRzeHr1au_1xolgP8yZ9PptOqmbUetvkBR3w0277OcIWU4_1g_1jcLEJgJnXF7iuXX2ThOoT8vWYmkhh3FAz_1a--02nk0UVVyBbUbtxwCIuAwWiR79O1FgBPZkE70Q251pCg&btnG=Search by image&hl=en

But you profile picture is safe

image.thumb.png.26997c00d61aa889b898f036bb175807.png

You remember 1984 back in the 60's right, well we are there and Big brother is also Amazon, Apple, Google, FB and all the other social  and big commerce sites.

The degree of detail that Facebook can drill down to in an ad presentation is scary from an individual standpoint, great from a marketing standpoint

I am not quite getting what this is.  Am I supposed to know who these people are?

Your point about "1984" is well taken, however.

32 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Try this instead.  Open the photo then right click on it.  Select Copy image address.  That is what I do and it seems to work.

image.png.b9687ecfbfe85416d5fb356d9a435e35.png

Thank you, CruisinCrow,  I saw Alan's response before noticing that you responded as well, appreciate the help!

3 minutes ago, boblerm said:

I am not quite getting what this is.  Am I supposed to know who these people are?

Your point about "1984" is well taken, however.

No, using google image to search picture will find matching pictures and similar pictures.

So if your avatar here was used somewhere that was tied to your address on google that was tied to cruise critic then someone could find where you live from your photo and know you aren't home. The issue is some images shouldn't be posted on the web :classic_cool: or thy should be links form a hosted site.

Saving my avatar and uploading it shows these two results

image.thumb.png.f29a2d70b874ef4eb42602b6af583d8d.png

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

I never knew you could do a Google search on an image.  How do you do that?

image.thumb.png.a764ded1595a2d6da081a86a517ea4d6.png

image.png.9d69b71294fc3eef933149df294ed22c.png

image.png.1d8ec82e068eb5afa9d4a47b9b2871d3.png

Useful for all sorts of stuff, including finding things, and unfortunately / fortunately  finding people.

Basically people need to use caution in posted images that tie back to who /where they are. So hosting on a hosting site makes it harder to find than say a public Facebook page with your name. If Bobs picture had shown up somewhere (or mine) then It  can lead to people finding out mroe about you than you expect or want, I usually use a benign photo on forums  for an avatare like

image.png.708bfc71e52b5c77d20472f8a0a55114.png