Just back - Woodwind tour

Duanerice1

3 hours ago, merinski said:

Yes, we were not sure if our pictures would turn out, our camera was acting up, but theirs were really nice. Dee is great! I did use prescription lenses in my mask as well. 

I used their prescription mask in January just to see but my own this trip.   Their crew is fabulous too-very helpful.  Our 2nd location was quite rough but nice to see.  We also saw turtles.

Not sure if you’ve ever used Irie Tours in Curacao but they were fun for a tour of the west beaches which included a stop to snorkel with turtles.  That was a highlight for us.  I think we snorkelled with them for about an hour-here’s a couple photos I took.

461FAA30-6D77-4B08-B227-2311C4948345.jpeg

369C0F24-FC7F-4DC8-9621-4C1F781EBDB3.jpeg

Great pictures. We went to Blue Bay in Cuacao, it had some nice snorkeling, but the water was cold. If we go again we will have to look into Irie tours. We have snorkeled with turtles in Barbados a couple times too, love it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, merinski said:

Great pictures. We went to Blue Bay in Cuacao, it had some nice snorkeling, but the water was cold. If we go again we will have to look into Irie tours. We have snorkeled with turtles in Barbados a couple times too, love it.

Such majestic creatures it was wonderful to see.  I didn’t put on my fins as they were so close to shore and I just hovered above them as them swam around us.  You’d love it! 

11 hours ago, merinski said:

Yes, we were not sure if our pictures would turn out, our camera was acting up, but theirs were really nice. Dee is great! I did use prescription lenses in my mask as well. 

Thanks for the update!  I haven't been snorkeling in years and I now wear glasses - progressives.  I'm wondering how the prescription masks work?  I plan to bring my spare pair for beach excursions so I don't ruin my good glasses in salt water.  

Thanks for the info on the pictures too.  I want to bring extra money so I can pay for them as well.  

3 hours ago, Eldaph said:

Thanks for the update!  I haven't been snorkeling in years and I now wear glasses - progressives.  I'm wondering how the prescription masks work?  I plan to bring my spare pair for beach excursions so I don't ruin my good glasses in salt water.  

Thanks for the info on the pictures too.  I want to bring extra money so I can pay for them as well.  

They offer prescription masks from a very low to very high prescription (not progressives though). If you ask your optician your prescription for snorkel mask then they will try to match it.  You can try different ones on to see which one works best for you.  For me it’s distance so I can see what I’m taking photos of!

12 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

They offer prescription masks from a very low to very high prescription (not progressives though). If you ask your optician your prescription for snorkel mask then they will try to match it.  You can try different ones on to see which one works best for you.  For me it’s distance so I can see what I’m taking photos of!

Brilliant!  I would have never thought to ask.  I was also considering getting a week's worth of one day contacts & only using them on my 3 beach days.  Not sure how much that would cost though.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Eldaph said:

Brilliant!  I would have never thought to ask.  I was also considering getting a week's worth of one day contacts & only using them on my 3 beach days.  Not sure how much that would cost though.  Thank you.

When I go I take an old pair of glasses & the case to put them in while snorkeling.  Dee & crew are fantastic & will make sure you are comfortable in the mask.   They also offer caps which I used as I have wavy uncontrollable hair so that helped immensely too.   

Enjoy!  

2 hours ago, Eldaph said:

Dee looked through my glasses and just went and got lenses to put in my mask, the first ones seemed blury, but the second were better. I've never bothered with them before , because the masks magnify anyway, but she was amazing and knew just what to do and got them for me.

You will love this tour!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 10:20 AM, jean87510 said:

I am glad I read this.  We had a morning excursion booked in April with woodwind.  We have been snorkeling for years and use our own equipment plus my husband has free diving fins.  The way I read the reviews after yours, it appears that this is more for the inexperienced and those looking for a good sail and lunch for a few hours.  Plus staying with a group is not to my liking as I have been kicked before in groups of 8-10 and it isn't worth it to me.  I do have another excursion booked but its just my husband and I so far.  The boat only holds 4-6 and they are pretty open to where we want to go for 3 hours.  We have been to Bonaire before but not to Klein Bonaire so we are pretty excited about it.  We would have done the ferry but there were a couple of reefs that my husband wanted to see so the new company is going to accommodate us.

I'm curious, we are also going in April and have the Woodwind booked as we have done them on the old boat. What other tour are you doing in April?? We are experienced snorkelers.

6 hours ago, Choozin Croozin said:

I'm curious, we are also going in April and have the Woodwind booked as we have done them on the old boat. What other tour are you doing in April?? We are experienced snorkelers.

I'm using aqua fun bonaire. It's a 2 stop snorkeling trip.  He takes a small group out for 3-4 hours. No lunch. $55 a person. We have our own stuff but I think he has snorkeling equipment. 

Edited by jean87510

Does anyone know what the current price is to purchase the thumb drive of pictures from the 4 hour snorkel?  I'm interested in purchasing it and want to know how much to bring!  For those that have purchased it, can you tell them ahead of time to ensure they take some photos of you under the water, etc?.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, Eldaph said:

When I go I take an old pair of glasses & the case to put them in while snorkeling.  Dee & crew are fantastic & will make sure you are comfortable in the mask.   They also offer caps which I used as I have wavy uncontrollable hair so that helped immensely too.   

Enjoy!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseequalsfun said:

Does anyone know what the current price is to purchase the thumb drive of pictures from the 4 hour snorkel?  I'm interested in purchasing it and want to know how much to bring!  For those that have purchased it, can you tell them ahead of time to ensure they take some photos of you under the water, etc?.

It’s $40.  They ask you on board if you’re interested and take your photo so they know who to take photos of.  There’s photos of lots of people interested on the same package.  She gets your email address and emails the link to you. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:22 AM, jean87510 said:

I'm using aqua fun bonaire. It's a 2 stop snorkeling trip.  He takes a small group out for 3-4 hours. No lunch. $55 a person. We have our own stuff but I think he has snorkeling equipment. 

Thank you, I will look into it. We also have our own equipment so that would be great. 🙂

On 3/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, canadianbear said:

Enjoy!  

Do you mind explaining how you do this? Don't you get water in your mask??

4 hours ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Do you mind explaining how you do this? Don't you get water in your mask??

I’m sorry I don’t think I wrote that right.  What I mean is I put my glasses in a case in my bag while I snorkel with prescription mask.  

I'm blind as a bat and still use my contacts with snorkeling. I probably wouldn't see once I took the mask off which is why I probably never invested in the prescription goggles. I usually do shore snorkeling but have done the boats where it can be tricky seeing the ladder for me.  Never had water in my eyes but then again I am used to not opening under water unless I have goggles or a mask. 

Edited by jean87510

On 3/7/2019 at 5:45 PM, Choozin Croozin said:

Woodwind does 3 groups, beginners, Mid & Experienced, so not to worry. We were in mid, but we saw pics of the experienced and they looked like they may have been in a bit different area, or they dove some.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:20 AM, jean87510 said:

I am glad I read this.  We had a morning excursion booked in April with woodwind.  We have been snorkeling for years and use our own equipment plus my husband has free diving fins.  The way I read the reviews after yours, it appears that this is more for the inexperienced and those looking for a good sail and lunch for a few hours.  Plus staying with a group is not to my liking as I have been kicked before in groups of 8-10 and it isn't worth it to me.  I do have another excursion booked but its just my husband and I so far.  The boat only holds 4-6 and they are pretty open to where we want to go for 3 hours.  We have been to Bonaire before but not to Klein Bonaire so we are pretty excited about it.  We would have done the ferry but there were a couple of reefs that my husband wanted to see so the new company is going to accommodate us.

Hi there.  I'm wondering what excursion you are taking in April while in Bonaire.  We'll be there Apr 10 and we've done the Woodwind before so would love to go to Klein Bonaire.

4 hours ago, mstravelqueen said:

Hi there.  I'm wondering what excursion you are taking in April while in Bonaire.  We'll be there Apr 10 and we've done the Woodwind before so would love to go to Klein Bonaire.

Aqua fun bonaire

• Like 1