Cruise Critic Community
James4me

New Suite perks for Horizon, Panorama...

6 minutes ago, cruisebie said:

Where did you read that? Can you post a link to what you read?

John Heald made the announcement. Although I thought the Vista was included as well. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

Yes Vista is included as well.  This was posted on the Carnival website a couple weeks ago.

That’s why I think some people are experiencing more traffic in the Havana area now.  

11 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

What's next..selling limited day or weekly access passes to passengers in GenPop ?  

Please do not give Carnival any ideas. other cruise is already doing this. Norwegian has the Vibe,  Princess has The Sanctuary, etc, etc. It seems like having a private paid for area is becoming popular now. 

So that's just GREAT! 🙄

Exclusive access to the Havana area was the WHOLE reason I booked a Havana suite over a GS in the first place which I really wasn't that crazy about.  The GS is a MUCH nicer cabin.

Carnival opened the rabbit hole by introducing separate classes on the Vista.  People can flame away, but it's the main reason I won't book Vista, Horizon, or Panorama.

I do have an Ocean Suite reserved on the Panorama but I’m not willing to fork over an additional 1K to upgrade to Grand.  The Havana retreat will now be too overcrowded.  

6 hours ago, Jenjer said:

It is listed under benefits for the Grand Suite on our Horizon sailing.

Curious, does it mention anything about needing to be 12 or over to access the Havana pool area during the day? I’m curious as to how Carnival is addressing this issue, given that technically you can book kids under 12 in Grand Suites. 

Have they increased the price of the Grand Suites to pay for the Havana access? On my Horizon voyage they added all the rear balcony rooms to the Havana consist, but it was never crowded, I thought to myself how will the bartender make a living with 6 guests?

I'd rather see a ship wide exclusive "adult water park" with an admission charge. $20 at the door could include a towel and sun tan oil, and the nominal charge would keep out the rif raff. 

I believe that there are no age restrictions on Grand Suite bookings. I feel sorry for the poor Carnival employees who will now be put in the unfortunate position of choosing between making Havana guests angry by ignoring the under 12's that will inevitably show up, or confronting a Grand Suite guest and enforcing the rule.

13 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Curious, does it mention anything about needing to be 12 or over to access the Havana pool area during the day? I’m curious as to how Carnival is addressing this issue, given that technically you can book kids under 12 in Grand Suites. 

It does say The Havana is for guests 12 and over. So basically a child can be booked into a grand suite but can not have access to the Havava pool during the day......until Carnival decided its not worth the fight.

It will be interesting to see how this works out

On 10/19/2018 at 8:15 PM, James4me said:

I read that Grand Suites are now able to access the Havana Pool during the day.

I just read all of everyone's replies. Answered my question re the under 12 situation. I booked a Havana Cabana Suite for our anniversary, should I now switch to a Grand Suite instead?

Edited by BigEasyCC

12 hours ago, Jenjer said:

It does say The Havana is for guests 12 and over. So basically a child can be booked into a grand suite but can not have access to the Havava pool during the day......until Carnival decided its not worth the fight.

It will be interesting to see how this works out

Yes, definitely interesting. Because you know at some point there will be parents with their young children booked in a Grand Suite with them thay will complain until they get their way. Then the next thing you know there will be toddlers in diapers in the Havana pool. 🙄

17 hours ago, BigEasyCC said:

I just read all of everyone's replies. Answered my question re the under 12 situation. I booked a Havana Cabana Suite for our anniversary, should I now switch to a Grand Suite instead?

That will be a personal choice. Would you rather be close to the Havana with a semi private balcony and swing or have a full private grand suite but have it be a walk to the Havana?

When we have cruised in NCL Haven we like being In the Haven as opposed to the aft suits. Since we are willing to give up the large balcony for the location.

17 hours ago, BigEasyCC said: