Pacific Princess’ fate?

Typically, the Pacific upon arriving in LA at the conclusion of the annual world cruise, would return to FL via the canal before heading to Europe.  That cruise was removed from Princess.com a few weeks ago...so who knows.  What is interesting that both the Pacific and the Grand have both had atypical cruise cancellations / changes in the April/May 2020 timeframe and both ships are on the west coast.   Are they both going to a new owner?  Is the Pacific Princess going to SF and the Grand to LA?  

6 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Intineraries later than April 2020 were just announced this morning. Up until today, there weren’t any itineraries later than then. 

There were plenty of itineraries after April 2020. Just look at Princess's website. There are Pacific Coastals, Mexico, Asia, Australia, etc...

Edited by Coral
14 minutes ago, Coral said:

There were plenty of itineraries after April 2020. Just look at Princess's website. There are Pacific Coastals, Mexico, Asia, Australia, etc...

"Plenty" is a strong work when talking about what the Grand and Pacific Princess will be doing. Yes, there are "Plenty" of Asia and Australia cruises but only a few Pacific Coastal and Mexico Cruises. Even those are only in May as far as I can see.

Princess clearly isn't yet done setting up the 2020 itineraries for late Spring and Summer for the West coast.

10 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

"Plenty" is a strong work when talking about what the Grand and Pacific Princess will be doing. Yes, there are "Plenty" of Asia and Australia cruises but only a few Pacific Coastal and Mexico Cruises. Even those are only in May as far as I can see.

Princess clearly isn't yet done setting up the 2020 itineraries for late Spring and Summer for the West coast.

Pam made a blanket statement about nothing being out after April 2020. That was not accurate. There are plenty of cruises out - they may not be the ships you are looking for though.

If you are going off of what Pam said, there are still no Pacific Princess or Grand itineraries as of today. 

So my statement is accurate that there are itineraries past April 2020.

Edited by Coral

When we sailed on Pacific Princess II she had just returned from a deployment to P&O Australia for a season.  Just a guess but it could be she will do the same at some time.  If so, she may show on P&O schedules, perhaps opening up new SE Asian or Pacific ports.

Totally a WAG on my part.

For those wondering about the fate of the Pacific Princess because one cruise was cancelled and bookings after April are TBD, well, her World Cruise in 2020 is still on the books. I'd think if she was going to another line, that cruise would have been cancelled as well.

Edited by beg3yrs
spelling
1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

For those wondering about the fate of the Pacific Princess because one cruise was cancelled and bookings after April are TBD, well, her World Cruise in 2020 is still on the books. I'd think if she was going to another line, that cruise would have been cancelled as well.

Rumour was (not sure if it still is) that she's following her sister to Azamara after the world cruise. 

The round the world on the Sun is out of Sydney/Auckland and has just been released.

I'm sure that Princess will offer another round the world out of the US. I would guess that it is not the usual time of year for it to be released yet.

The two world cruises they offer each year (out of US and NZ/Aus) are about 6 months apart in terms of departure.

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

The only cruises now showing on the Princess website after April 2020 are cruises from Australia, World Cruise and some west coast and Mexico cruises.  Waiting on fall 2020 TA cruises to show up

There's a link a page back or so showing the new Europe Itineraries. 

We were talking recently with an Azamara Hotel Director about the similarities and differences between the Pacific Princess and Azamara's former R-ships.  During that conversation, he  brought up the rumor about them getting the Pacific Princess.  He didn't elude to any facts, just noted the rumor with a big smile on his face.  So, who knows.  Sure would be nice to keep it in the Princess fleet but if not, at least Azamara is a good fit for her IMO. 

I see she will be doing 7 day Alaska cruises from May 15 through September 16.  I got that from our TA.  I still don’t see anything past April on Princess’ website.  I believe the Alaska cruises will happen but am still not sure she will end the year under Princess.  

On 10/20/2018 at 12:34 PM, Coral said:

keep in mind that Princess doesn't release all their itineraries at the same time.  There are certain times of the year for certain regions that they release them.

2 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I see she will be doing 7 day Alaska cruises from May 15 through September 16.  I got that from our TA.  I still don’t see anything past April on Princess’ website.  I believe the Alaska cruises will happen but am still not sure she will end the year under Princess.  

You will not see the cruises on Princess.com until the day they are opened for sale.

2 hours ago, skennedy25 said:

keep in mind that Princess doesn't release all their itineraries at the same time.  There are certain times of the year for certain regions that they release them.

Believe me I understand that.  My point was to Pam that there are plenty of sailings after April 2020. It had nothing to do with the Pacific Princess. I actually think she will be around for a few more years. She was recently in dry dock and they spent quite a bit of money on her. With her in Alaska in the Summer, she may do the Caribbean in the fall - that has not been released yet, nor has Panama Canal.

• 2 months later...

I just finished a cruise on the Pacific Princess on 1/5/019. While on board I asked about the possibility of Princess selling the Pacific Princess. I was told that she is going in for another dry-dock in May 2019. There are NO current plans for getting rid of the Pacific Princess.

1 minute ago, TwoCruisers said:

I just finished a cruise on the Pacific Princess on 1/5/019. While on board I asked about the possibility of Princess selling the Pacific Princess. I was told that she is going in for another dry-dock in May 2019. There are NO current plans for getting rid of the Pacific Princess.

I am so glad to hear this, as I dream of cruising the one last "small ship"...