Moderno - would this be too strange to do

buggins0402

After reading all the responses, I think we will wait until we are on board and can do a reconnaissance mission. We have four specialties with our booking and I think I will buy at least another three package (14 day) and leave a few open.  

I think this is your best plan.  On the Star, the meat was delicious (and the pineapple incredible) but I wouldn't want to make a meal out of the salad bar on the Star  but it sounds like the newer ships have better ones.  I'd go and talk to the manager, and if they share a kitchen with another restaurant I'm sure they'd be happy to get your dh whatever he wants.  

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Shrimp is the only seafood I remember being in Modernos on the Sun. (It has been a year since I've been on the Sun)

I don't recall Shrimp at Moderno.  Maybe that is something they do on the Sun.  Pretty sure it was not on the Dawn, Jewel, or Epic.

Edited by seemoreroyals

20 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

I don't recall Shrimp at Moderno.  Maybe that is something they do on the Sun.  Pretty sure it was not on the Dawn, Jewel, or Epic.

It was in a broth of some sort, it serve from a  bowl. It might have been coconut shrimp. I like shrimp, however that was not my favorite

Edited by debnjoe1438

16 hours ago, MSUcruisers said:

We ate at Moderno once.  You are served course after course of a variety of beef and pork at your table.  There was no menu.  I  usually only eat red meat about once a week.  After that  Moderno dinner, I couldn't sleep all night and missed my tour the next day.  I did not get sick, but had lots of stomach pain.

There’s also chicken, an extensive salad bar, beans and rice, potatoes, plantains, and grilled pineapple. It’s your choice if you at more red meat that you can handle. There are plenty of options.

23 hours ago, JWGrayson said:

Folks have failed to mention the one item that I went wild over - Roasted Pineapple! Can't make a meal off of it, but it was unbelievably incredible! We experienced  Moderno for the first time on the Epic TA this past April. The salad bar was excellent! I hope it is as good on the Pearl, which we have booked for Dec.

John

23 hours ago, JWGrayson said:

Folks have failed to mention the one item that I went wild over - Roasted Pineapple! Can't make a meal off of it, but it was unbelievably incredible! We experienced  Moderno for the first time on the Epic TA this past April. The salad bar was excellent! I hope it is as good on the Pearl, which we have booked for Dec.

John

John, ever since we had the pineapple on what ever ship it was I try to always have grilled pineapple when we are doing steak, chops or whatever. Yep, outstanding. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dexddd said:

They said several ships...do they need to enumerate them to give you more street cred?  Turtles has been here for years as have you.  They said mho.

I simply made the comment because I haven't seen very many poss they have tried "MANY" Modernos and found them all to serve dry, tough meat. I can imagine one or two. I know we all have different ideas on food or most things, but it is just most of the people we have traveled with or talked to, have found Monderos to be good. That doesn't mean everything on the menu and I do believe the salad bar isn't as good as in days past. Guess I should have posted or worded my response a little more tactfully.