Costa and it's issues-yet again

alicat58

You all know we are staunch Costa cruisers.

With a looming wedding affecting our cruise plans in 2019 we decided this was going to be the year to get that suite upgrade for the cruise more than the year before ( I know Tenpin hates these!).

Whilst on board the Magica a few weeks ago we had an attempt to book a cruise on the Favolosa. Hopeless is not the word to describe the cruise consultant. He actually suggested we would do better doing it with the team in the UK.

So back in the UK and I went back to work and hubby waited patiently for the Monday to call Costa UK. Well blow me down. Though we tried to book a fifth cruise this year our first one did not count because it was in Asia. Say WHAT Costa?! I am not even sure this is in the fine print.

We went ahead and booked the cruise anyway. We still don't have a cabin number and it is now 20d away. So lets hope.....

Riana

Hi Riana,

No I don't like most of those who get that free suite up-grade, but not you, as you cruise with Costa lots each year and should get any free upgrades going.

What really get me is I can't book a suite at full price on most of the cruises we look at as mostly comes up as all sold.

When phoning Costa ask for Amanda or ask her to ring you back she is wonderful and books all our cruises 

Pat & Geoff (Kent)

Further to my reply above.

What the hell is Costa doing to it's most loyal customers by your refusal of a suite up-grade, or to those of us that cruise with them lots each & every year. Firstly they take our loyalty points away from us then award people who only travel with them once one year then twice the next for the free up-grade.

We are going back to our next favourite line next year Princess got a Suite with lots of perks and privileged boarding at Southampton and we are only just Elite members.   

Hi Geoff and Pat

I have to see I was gobsmacked when hubby told me. Anyway we have now received our cabin and it is a Samsara balcony on deck 11. Obviously we won't have any privileges. Hope they at least allocate us the Club restaurant. 

It was great having the club when we were on the Magica. Anytime dining and good service. Not rushing you to get you out etc.

I hope you have great cruises on Princess. GMT has defected to Celebrity and you guys are going to Princess. Maybe I'll get the otherhalf to look at either of those at some stage. 

Riana